Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelion View Post
    someone missed biology class.

- - - Updated - - -

the mother of all broscientists here. All the crap you have written in this thread is some of the dumbest shit ive ever seen.

BTW there are NUMEROUS studies done on meal frequency and NONE of them say 6 meals > 3. 3-4/day is shown to be the most optimal number. That increasing metabolism horseshit has been disproved YEARS ago.

And from the studies you posted you seem to only read abstracts. We like to call them abstract scientists.
    Thank you for pointing this out. Serious broscience happening in here by more than one person. Ironically, read an article on "Top 11 fitness myths debunked" earlier this morning; the first two related to consuming "too much" protein.

I eat quality food and have a cup of black coffee before a workout. Anything else is not necessary and a waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose View Post
    x2
    Repped.

Was having a good laugh reading through the first few pages. At least someone has a bit of an understanding.

Lol. Proteins are chains of amino acids.

No it doesn't. Only in the most extreme cases would your body convert protein to fat. No situation anyone eating a normal diet would encounter. Excess calories will result in fat storage, but your body prioritizes storing fat itself as fat, not protein or carbs.

"Common knowledge" in health/fitness circles is rarely accurate. Just because some bro at the gym does it, doesn't mean their results are because of some nonsense they partake in. They get results in spite of their habits. Either way, the difference is minimal. People should just eat in whatever manner makes them feel and perform best.
    Quoting you also for making sense in a thread of nonsense.

For the record, numerous studies have shown that once protein is equated across diets, carbs vs. fats doesn't matter as much as being in a surplus or deficit. That said, you also need a good nights sleep regularly for recovery/growth and people often neglect this aspect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pajacks View Post
    yes the calorie count is accurate, I intermittent fast and train pretty hard so my my calorie total is usually around 4k for a training day.

training supps-
    protein powder (it's really just food when you think about it), Biotest Metabolic Drive
    creatine monohydrate, Biotest brand

also, the "protein strains your kidneys" stuff is pretty questionable. definitely no need to consume more than you need (1 g/lbs is easy to follow, but studies show around .7-.8 is sufficient for lifters), but the science shows (even in longitudinal research) that even though the kidneys work harder to filtrate with higher protein consumption, there's no evidence that it puts them at risk. probably should ease your mind on protein consumption (again, as long as not overconsuming by huge margins).
    The only time you might want to be worried (and even then,, consult a doctor) is if you have a pre-existing kidney condition. I basically try to hit my protein minimum for the day (~1.7g/kg or 0.8g/lbs) and my fats minimum (~.4g/lbs or ~1g/kg) and fill in the rest of my cals with a mixture of carbs, proteins and fats.

Quote Originally Posted by SLSAMG View Post
    *Yawn* Likewise...

BTW, there are NUMEROUS studies done that fit my narrative as well.

Call them whatever you want, they still have validity behind their conclusions unlike your ridiculous notion.

You don't have a degree in sports science, nor are you a dietitian...

I have such a tight schedule that I don't have time to consume big high calorie meals in under 4 sittings. Myself, I eat 6-7 meals a day because that's what works for me. I'm taking in about 3700 calories a day so if I had to break that up into 3 meals, that would be too much food to consume at each sitting - which would make me lethargic and bloated. Ultimately, it's your lifestyle that plays a major part.

- - - Updated - - -

Another deluded/ignorant buffoon.
    How do you know what I have a degree in?

You seem to have reading comprehension deficiencies.

Please point out where I said anything about it being bad to eat 6-7 meals a day. I said it wasn't optimal and didn't have some magical benefit of increasing your metabolism like you assume. Now if that is the only way you can get in the amount of calories you need then obviously in order for you to stay compliant that is optimal for you. Stop thinking in such black and white terms. Stop being dogmatic.

Any study showing what you believe to be a benefit to eating that many meals a day that isn't poorly designed (like they all are) I would love to see. The thermic effect of food (TEF) is the same whether you eat 3700 calories at one sitting or spread throughout the day.

Protein also has the highest TEF (30-40% of calories). Carbs and fats are below 7%.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    supplements are for try hards and wannabe's. Only gross gym rats think supplements are good/useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this where we post to boost our ego? Hi.

Grunt
    5+ Year Old Account
    I love creatine. I think everyone should be taking it for extra gains.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    supplements are for try hards and wannabe's. Only gross gym rats think supplements are good/useful.
    Is that more of your "common knowledge" or did you read that in the same article that told you to eat protein from meat because those proteins contain amino acids?

Lmao.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is that more of your "common knowledge" or did you read that in the same article that told you to eat protein from meat because those proteins contain amino acids?

Lmao.
    Are you gonna bro science amino acids for me now? This is wonderful, can get uni level education on a gaming forum!

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you gonna bro science amino acids for me now? This is wonderful, can get uni level education on a gaming forum!
    How does one bro science amino acids? I don't even know what could even mean. Lol

7+ Year Old Account
    How does one bro science amino acids? I don't even know what could even mean. Lol
    I thought you were an expect on the subject? Dont let me down now buddy!

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought you were an expect on the subject? Dont let me down now buddy!
    Expert, nah. But anyone that's spend 30 seconds learning about this stuff knows that proteins don't exist without amino acids. Wasn't offering a lecture on them, just pointing out that you again know nothing about the subject, so was curious where your newest opinion on supplements came from lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Expert, nah. But anyone that's spend 30 seconds learning about this stuff knows that proteins don't exist without amino acids. Wasn't offering a lecture on them, just pointing out that you again know nothing about the subject, so was curious where your newest opinion on supplements came from lol.
    Ohok. Well apologies if I prefer all natural sources for this stuff. Enjoy your stinky farts with that powder nonsense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ohok. Well apologies if I prefer all natural sources for this stuff. Enjoy your stinky farts with that powder nonsense.
    Whey protein is natural. Lmao. If you don't want artificial flavoring, buy some without it.

Don't apologize for your choices. Apologize for spreading nonsense.

Vitamin D, on doctor's orders. I'm not a rube for woo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Plz list ur stack and which ones you think give you the biggest benefits
    I take vitamins and coffee.

The first give me whats missing in my diet, the 2nd keeps me awake.

More seriously, just follow what Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) says. His routine/diet is used by many professional and actor that wants to beef up. Im not sure if he takes that much supplement, as I know most of it comes from his diet. There are many article on the web about it, not sure if they are all true, but they seem to all say pretty much the same thing. Bodybuilding.com is also a good bible to follow.

Deleted
    When I was younger I take WPC but it is weak for the organism. Now I have balanced diet full of veggies, fruits, carbo with low level (but not at all) of fat.

I take a multivitamin, herbal antihypertensive and resveratrol (for heart health).

When I am cleansing, I consume nothing but green vegetable juice for a month, followed by protein shakes (BSN ISOBURN) in addition to drinking the green juice for the next month. Last time I did this, I dropped 40 pounds and built up some healthy muscle mass.

Multivitamins
    Propolis(for my sinusitis)
    Protein Shakes(lazy to cook)
    Citrulline Malate
    Beta Alanine
    Taurine
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post
    I take vitamins and coffee.

The first give me whats missing in my diet, the 2nd keeps me awake.

More seriously, just follow what Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) says. His routine/diet is used by many professional and actor that wants to beef up. Im not sure if he takes that much supplement, as I know most of it comes from his diet. There are many article on the web about it, not sure if they are all true, but they seem to all say pretty much the same thing. Bodybuilding.com is also a good bible to follow.
    yes only 1 supplement needed, steroids. He isn't natty dude.