Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    god the show is stupid, why do they think they have to build up some pure evil moron to make negan look not as bad.
    I am glad they are doing it this way. When Rick finally beats the saviors, it will make it more interesting if it isn´t just because of a gunfight, but rather a splintering/betrayal within the Saviors. I mean think about right now, we have no idea how the saviors actually lose.

Question? do the comics explain why the Commonwealth is called that? My hunch is that it is Pennsylvania, which is a commonwealth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    I am glad they are doing it this way. When Rick finally beats the saviors, it will make it more interesting if it isn´t just because of a gunfight, but rather a splintering/betrayal within the Saviors. I mean think about right now, we have no idea how the saviors actually lose.

Question? do the comics explain why the Commonwealth is called that? My hunch is that it is Pennsylvania, which is a commonwealth.
    The arc in the comic is really new. 3 comics so far in the Commonwealth only. But you are right with Pennsylvania in the comics, though the term commonwealth can be used other ways for impaired communities. The commonwealth in the comics is definetly so far the most functioning one.

But there are rumors or spoilers how the saviors will be defeated.

The saviors win so far and row them all up for execution. And Eugene saves them with his manipulated bullets that explode and kill a lot of saviors before they get defeated.

Though building up Simon as the bad one is really good imo. They probably stick with the comic arc and won't kill Negan. That way, with the oncoming confrontation about the garbage guys, a change in the mood for Negan is logically explainable. The same thing with Rick and the loss of Carl. It fit's perfectly and definetly makes sense.

Whatever, I just dislike the hate train. It's not that season 2 for example was great. And people claiming there is no character development anymore...what?
    I am really sorry for you that boring characters like Daryl no longer go crazy like a motherfucker and destroy everything completely illogical.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post

I have a pretty decent idea of how there proabbly gonna make the saviours lose but I wouldn’t be surprised if they did something out of pure stupidity I didn’t see coming. But in the comics we already had them lose by splitting/betrayal the difference was it was Dwight splitting off in a more moral way instead of there being some pure evil moron.

And as Jaja said the commonwealth arc is pretty new I’m not sure if they have explained it yet but they might have and I just don’t remeber.

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    I am really sorry for you that boring characters like Daryl no longer go crazy like a motherfucker and destroy everything completely illogical.
    The funny thing is, both Morgan and, to some degree Daryl (the fight with Rick, the killing of people who surrender, ect), have become completely illogical crazy motherfuckers this season. :P

I'm just waiting for another she-ra rambo moment of Carole to make me grind my teeth even further down. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Ironically I thought the epsiode was decent for all the reasons EXCEPT for the Rick vs Negan fluff. :P

To me there was some actual development. Simon making moves to take over, introduction of a quirky new set of characters in that woman with the van, Hilltop getting food and a setup for a positive future, Nice dramatic dilemma choice between Simon and Dwight, Negan learning about the Trasheap gang getting nuked, and the Trashheap leader becoming a major character in capturing Negan.

On the flipside - While I get why Rick chose his actions, I really do get angry that he opted to go one-on-one with Negan (which, lets be honest, was a bit ridiculous of a 'plan' via "Divert Negan off the road and hope/pray nobody follows them, hope/pray Negan doesn't double back and hope/pray he gets into an accident!?)- totally risking the survival of the entire Hilltop community by choosing 1-on-1 impulse revenge instead of warning Hilltop/others.
    I don't really disagree and maybe I didn't care much about the stuff like the woman with the van because I have already checked out.

Unless the next season is announced as the final one I really have no interest in watching it. Those bits was ok but I kinda just want this over at this point.

Maybe they will do something soon and change my mind.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

god the show is stupid, why do they think they have to build up some pure evil moron to make negan look not as bad.
    I thought it was obvious... to allow the audience to accept having Negan, the man who clubbed Glen and Abraham to death, join the gang full-time.

...I'm not saying it's a GOOD way of doing that, of course! ;P

Notice this season Negan just keeps banging on about "I'm Saving people!" when, prior to this season, never even mentioned that at all and was too busy laughing at Rick's face, telling him how he "slid his dick down his throat and he thanked him for it!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I don't really disagree and maybe I didn't care much about the stuff like the woman with the van because I have already checked out.

Unless the next season is announced as the final one I really have no interest in watching it. Those bits was ok but I kinda just want this over at this point.

Maybe they will do something soon and change my mind.
    Totally fair and completely understandable at this point. While these past couple episodes were pretty good, I don't blame you in the slightest because of all the innane drivel they've shoveled at us before those two episodes. :P

And I'm kinda with you on the "let the next season be the last" after doing all this... it really just does to kinda wrap up - or at least do a fecking timeskip to a future Hilltop with a new cast.

7+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was obvious... to allow the audience to accept having Negan, the man who clubbed Glen and Abraham to death, join the gang full-time.

...I'm not saying it's a GOOD way of doing that, of course! ;P

Notice this season Negan just keeps banging on about "I'm Saving people!" when, prior to this season, never even mentioned that at all and was too busy laughing at Rick's face, telling him how he "slid his dick down his throat and he thanked him for it!"

- - - Updated - - -

Totally fair and completely understandable at this point. While these past couple episodes were pretty good, I don't blame you in the slightest because of all the innane drivel they've shoveled at us before those two episodes. :P

And I'm kinda with you on the "let the next season be the last" after doing all this... it really just does to kinda wrap up - or at least do a fecking timeskip to a future Hilltop with a new cast.
    i get that's why there doing it but its pretty stupid, the way he "joins up" in the comic makes alot more sense.

Deleted
    i get that's why there doing it but its pretty stupid, the way he "joins up" in the comic makes alot more sense.
    The spoilers right now hint to the exact comic arc.

7+ Year Old Account
    The spoilers right now hint to the exact comic arc.
    As it is now I don’t really see a feasible way to do the exact arc a lot has changed even in the last few episodes to make that very unlikely.

Deleted
    As it is now I don’t really see a feasible way to do the exact arc a lot has changed even in the last few episodes to make that very unlikely.
    I actually don't know if Simon is still alive at the end of the season. Though

It will come to the confrontation. Though Rick's leg is probably not broken, the last fight will occur with the outcoming of Eugene saving them. After that the throat slit probably will be there. And instead of killing Negan you see the the "mercy prevent blabla" stuff. This still makes sense. To stay logical Simon is not a kind of person that would cooperate with anyone. They have to do that arc with him. Does not change the actual story with Negan.

7+ Year Old Account
    I actually don't know if Simon is still alive at the end of the season. Though

It will come to the confrontation. Though Rick's leg is probably not broken, the last fight will occur with the outcoming of Eugene saving them. After that the throat slit probably will be there. And instead of killing Negan you see the the "mercy prevent blabla" stuff. This still makes sense. To stay logical Simon is not a kind of person that would cooperate with anyone. They have to do that arc with him. Does not change the actual story with Negan.
    I’m not quite sure it will play out like that, in the comic like in the show negan just wants rick dead not every one. But now in the show we have what’s his face with the hulk hogan stash wanting to wipe them out. Not to mention rick is in a moronic kill kill mood where in the comic he was a lot more reasonable at this point. I don’t really see a way the negan rick 1 v 1 can happen has negan would need to get back to the saviours deal with hulk hogan stash and rick would need to do a 180 on his current character.

I’m not quite sure it will play out like that, in the comic like in the show negan just wants rick dead not every one. But now in the show we have what’s his face with the hulk hogan stash wanting to wipe them out. Not to mention rick is in a moronic kill kill mood where in the comic he was a lot more reasonable at this point.
    Unlike the comics, Rick's son died two episodes ago. It's pretty explicable as to why Rick is in a "moronic kill kill" mood, as you so eloquently put it :P

I don’t really see a way the negan rick 1 v 1 can happen has negan would need to get back to the saviours deal with hulk hogan stash and rick would need to do a 180 on his current character.
    Actually I said the way above - First, Negan convinces Trashcan Carla (For those Fallout 4 fans ;P) that he didn't want to kill them, then he and Trashcan Carla head back to Hilltop just in time to save Rick via Negan smashing Simon's head in with his bat. Negan killing Simon + The endoresment of Carla = at least imprisonment of Negan. I mean, why decide now if we should forgive Negan when we have all of next season to pad out the drama of Rick trying to figure out how to forgive Negan, as per his son's wishes? ;P

7+ Year Old Account
    Unlike the comics, Rick's son died two episodes ago. It's pretty explicable as to why Rick is in a "moronic kill kill" mood, as you so eloquently put it :P

Actually I said the way above - First, Negan convinces Trashcan Carla (For those Fallout 4 fans ;P) that he didn't want to kill them, then he and Trashcan Carla head back to Hilltop just in time to save Rick via Negan smashing Simon's head in with his bat. Negan killing Simon + The endoresment of Carla = at least imprisonment of Negan. I mean, why decide now if we should forgive Negan when we have all of next season to pad out the drama of Rick trying to figure out how to forgive Negan, as per his son's wishes? ;P
    rick's son didn't die because of negan though. they should have had rick calm down after carls death or atlest be alot sadder and not just be a angry moron.

i also more or less agree with how you think it will play out. the most reasonable thing to happen in my option would be him surrendering after rick or some one else says he doesn't have to be a dick in the comic and more or less skiping the rick negan 1v1 but replacing it with negan dealing with simon.

rick's son didn't die because of negan though. they should have had rick calm down after carls death or atlest be alot sadder and not just be a angry moron.
    Dude, you try not being an angry moron when your teenage son you fought to protect from the appocalypse for over 2 years dies right after you just lost your home/village to a bunch of psycho raiders grenading the shit out of it! :P

It's easy to say things like "he shouldn't act that irrational" when you're not the one experiencing the "WTF" at that moment. One thing wrong can send you off the deep end... and Rick's been through a lot of shit in the past couple hours (storywise, anyways :P).

Deleted
    If Negan is still alive after ep. 16, I'm officially done watching this horrible season.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dude, you try not being an angry moron when your teenage son you fought to protect from the appocalypse for over 2 years dies right after you just lost your home/village to a bunch of psycho raiders grenading the shit out of it! :P

It's easy to say things like "he shouldn't act that irrational" when you're not the one experiencing the "WTF" at that moment. One thing wrong can send you off the deep end... and Rick's been through a lot of shit in the past couple hours (storywise, anyways :P).
    I don't really think it fits rick as a character, when lori and the baby die in the comic hes moopy and kinda crazy and he continue that trend with future deaths. though i wont lie i don't remember at all how rick dealt with lori's death in the show.

I don't really think it fits rick as a character, when lori and the baby die in the comic hes moopy and kinda crazy and he continue that trend with future deaths. though i wont lie i don't remember at all how rick dealt with lori's death in the show.
    How can you forget this touching scene

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    How can you forget this touching scene

I thought that was after they thought the Baby was dead not when Lori died. Am I miss remebering?

I thought that was after they thought the Baby was dead not when Lori died. Am I miss remebering?
    Nah pretty damn sure that reaction was hearing about lori dying in the prison.

The baby isnt till later when they see the crib is empty and cutty from the wire took beth

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Nah pretty damn sure that reaction was hearing about lori dying in the prison.

The baby isnt till later when they see the crib is empty and cutty from the wire took beth
    Huh must be miss remembering then.

This page though I think shows how I expect rick to react to death. Really moopy and kinda crazy but he’s never really been like he is in the show just wanting to kill and ignoring all else.