Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The whole point of a gun is so you can easily access it but if you are putting it away under lock and key that is counter intuitive to the essence of gun ownership. But perhaps I am just applying logic to a place where it doesn't belong. Also 3d printing is not exactly an good argument, the more barrier you put the better same thing with magazines those 3 seconds are the difference between life and death for survivors and the gap where people can take down those shooters.
    My firearms are locked away in a safe. My single handgun is in a locked, secured compartment within arms reach of my bed. Don't get the image of an intruder coming in, then you having to go to another room to put in a safe combo, then finally grab your gun. That is hardly the case.

Bump stocks are an idea someone came up with just for the sake of it. Its one of many ways that increase rate of fire. Hell, you can just shave the sear and have an permanent auto. But nobody talks about trigger mechanisms. They just see the use of something one time, even if they've never heard of it, and assume its super dangerous. Its quite silly. As for magazine changes, we have to be realistic. Most people (especially in schools), won't even know when a magazine change is actually happening, which is why its useless. Its not like some kid is going to be like, "he's changing mags, get him!" Besides, fear generally overwhelms calm, collected thinking. If I believed any of those solutions could save even one life, I would be all for it. But I do not believe it would. Lets not forget that handguns, which have smaller standard magazines are just as common, than rifles when it comes to these shootings.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Of course you can or at least most of them. Not all at once, clearly but you can work on it.
    Thing is, your goverment is not even allowed to put funds into research about the subject.
    Do we need research? Full autos were once legal. Laws were passed prohibiting them in various ways. Fast forward to today and tell me how many machine gun rampages we have had in the last 20 years. I don't want to say it should be done, but it can be done.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabatakis View Post
    Do we need research? Full autos were once legal. Laws were passed prohibiting them in various ways. Fast forward to today and tell me how many machine gun rampages we have had in the last 20 years. I don't want to say it should be done, but it can be done.
    The answer is zero. The authorities down in the Fla shootings failed to do their job a year before the tragedy. Even with this shooting in Maryland, someone failed to do their damn job ( parents? ) is the only reason a 17 year old could have a handgun.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabatakis View Post
    machine gun
    That would be a big fat zero. Try harder next time, stop being so ignorant about guns if you're going to complain about them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Findlyn View Post
    No, we also have the historical data that some of the proposed 'assault weapon bans' will do nothing. Actually the evidence shows that in middle of that, is when we have had our worst school shoots. Links are in this thread in regards to the weapons ban and another article citing that i think it was 97-98 was worst year. Which is in the dead middle of an assault weapons ban like they are proposing.
    You cite data while actively saying data isn't important?

Moreover, you ignore the data from EVERY OTHER first world country, including ones like Australia which instituted harsh firearm restrictions and saw a massive drop in firearm violence.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Then it's school knifings, or school fire bombs. pretending like banning guns will solve your violence problems is just wishful dreaming. So unless you plan on advocating the total removal of free will from everyone with drug's or implants, turning people into good little brain dead zombies, then you are never going to avoid needing someone to stop the bad people of the world.
    Yet it works everywhere else. Going after someone with a knife is not as effective as going after someone with a gun. Silly argument there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    And yet you still get crazies running around stabbing people, you still get rape victims, you still get bombs dropped off at peoples doors, still get crazies driving big trucks into crowds, still get explosives devices on subways.

Your not going to stop evil people by taking guns away. There are plenty of ways to do evil things. And some of these things could be prevented if the victims have guns. or at least access to buy a gun.

Lots of women who have been raped would have loved to have a gun in their purse or bag that they could pull out if they felt threatened.
    Just becuase there are others ways of hurting people does not mean having more tools to do so is a good idea. Again, why not let people have VX gas at home? Or armed tanks or maybe a nuke? Have aany good arguments there?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    No guns at all,

-Criminals have less fear to break into your home and commit robbery and rape.
    -This removes a barrier for ground invasion by an enemy force. Are you going to send in your troops to an area where armed civilians will probably end up taking out much of them even before they have had a chance to face the enemy army?
    -People with guns and a sinister agenda, kill as many innocent people as possible because there is no one else to oppose them.
    Remember that jerk in Texas that shot up the church? He was believed to be on his way to kill even more people, lucky for them, that old fella stopped him. The two recent occurrences are nothing new, there have been many other times that an armed civilian has stopped a gunman. That being said, I still want tighter gun control to keep them out of the hands of would be murderers, but I don't want to infringe on the average law abiding citizen's right to own firearms.

-Mandatory license to be able to own a firearm
    -Outside of BB, paintball and airsoft guns, raise the minimum age to purchase a firearm to 21.
    -Comprehensive database of anyone that has ever committed a violent act or has been treated by a psychologist for violent behavior.
    -FBI taking threats more seriosly
    -NRA severely handicapped, as they should not be allowed to lobby members of Congress.[/QUOTE]

Seeing how many people are actually jailed in the US, the guns have no impact on peoples willingness to commit crimes at all. You do have an insane amount of people being killed by guns though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Good luck with that. That would be Civil War.
    No, it would not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Taking away doesn't work, I've said it many times and again just above ^

Restricting can work very well tho and I strongly believe they should do that.

Also guns serve more than one purpose, I'm not saying they're a family tool that everyone should have fun using, but they are also used for hunting and any fun shooting activities like shooting range and shooting that flying disc I forgot the name in english my bad.

Of course the other uses for guns other than killing people don't make up for the tragedy, I'm just saying it's pointless to force your agenda into lies, guns are used for more than one thing, no need to twist that around to fit your narrative.
    It does not really matter what you use them for. They are designed to kill others with. Thats the whole point of hunting as well, is it not?

Blaine Gaskill getting an accommodation. He looks like someone who'd shoot somebody.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Of course you can or at least most of them. Not all at once, clearly but you can work on it.
    Thing is, your goverment is not even allowed to put funds into research about the subject.
    All they need to do is have a forced buyback of guns from all registered Democrats.

The historical data shows that will cut down 90% of all mass shootings.

Deleted
    Swift action saves life.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebe View Post
    This should be proof enough that heroes with guns is a good solution to school shootings
    Yeah, the resource officers at Columbine who did jack shit to the ones a month ago who waited outside and everyone in between can all be forgotten now that one of them got of their fat ass and actually did their job.

Give all the teachers guns.

Teachers riots against the gov for better pay and work conditions with said guns.

Teachers and students of all age gets ulimited amount of recources.

Success.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Just because one side has nicer toys doesn't mean they will win. Look at Vietnam War for example.
    You realize that the North Vietnamese Army had tanks from Russia and China? (Although their use was limited by jungle and terrain)

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    when your finished with that pipe pass it over and tell me how you collected those 300m+ guns in the US

See this is how a school shooting is supposed to be prevented. The Coward Country Sheriffs department should take notes. The resource Officer is a hero for doing his job bravely and preventing further injuries.

For a summary:
    0 victim deaths since the resource officer was able to contain the shooting after only 1 minute.
    the gunman is now dead
    1 victim in good condition
    and one in critical condition - can be expected to make a full recovery
    I prefer joints because pipes are too much maintenance, and I haven't collected 300m+ guns I have only collected 15. First statement totally debunked, whats up!

Seriously though, I agree the guy did an outstanding job and in hindsight I probably worded my statement poorly. I should have been more specific: the resource officer did great, but 2 kids still got shot at school. You don't need a body count for that to be awful. I'm not going to chalk up a victory here, its nice that the shooter got shot by someone besides themselves for once, but this guy is an exception. School resource officers are not a solution.
    Last edited by plagueshard801; 2018-03-21 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOut View Post
    As for magazine changes, we have to be realistic. Most people (especially in schools), won't even know when a magazine change is actually happening, which is why its useless. Its not like some kid is going to be like, "he's changing mags, get him!" Besides, fear generally overwhelms calm, collected thinking. If I believed any of those solutions could save even one life, I would be all for it. But I do not believe it would. Lets not forget that handguns, which have smaller standard magazines are just as common, than rifles when it comes to these shootings.
    They don't have to know it's happening but every second the shooter is inconvenienced is a chance whether it is to tackle him or lock a door or hide in a closet. But as I have said in these discussions it is kind of moot because nothing will happen on guns especially not under this administration. I stand corrected stupid ideas that increase sales for the NRA like arming teachers will be done not things that make sense like having better security for schools.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Give all the teachers guns.

Teachers riots against the gov for better pay and work conditions with said guns.

Teachers and students of all age gets ulimited amount of recources.

Success.

One day US will implode and there will be civil war.

10+ Year Old Account
    I knew this was going to become a thing after reading the first headline, and I dreaded it. The 2nd amendment isn't going anywhere, but I am still for some additional levels being put in place to make obtaining non-sporting firearms a little more difficult. I'm not sure what should be done, but other major first world nations don't seem to have the same issues as the US.

And I don't think random locations erupting into Western style shootouts, because everyone has a gun, is the solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah37 View Post
    And I don't think random locations erupting into Western style shootouts, because everyone has a gun, is the solution.
    I had a good laugh at this, because it's true. I'm visualizing some shooter pulling his gun out, and a handful of heroes from every direction jumping up saying "oh no you don't mother fucker!!!", spraying bullets everywhere. The friendly fire casualties would probably outnumber the shooters body count.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    That would be a big fat zero. Try harder next time, stop being so ignorant about guns if you're going to complain about them.
    Zero is my point. There have been zero machine gun rampages in the last 20 years because we outlawed machine guns some time ago. Therefore the argument you can't effectively get rid of types of guns is destroyed by empirical evidence (simi-autos and mods in this case instead of full autos). Try reading the entire conversation next time, stop being so damn ignorant about how threads work if you are going to complain about people "complaining".
    Last edited by Zabatakis; 2018-03-21 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You cite data while actively saying data isn't important?

Moreover, you ignore the data from EVERY OTHER first world country, including ones like Australia which instituted harsh firearm restrictions and saw a massive drop in firearm violence.
    Where did I say data isn't important? Opinions that people think are data with no evidence/proof to back it up I think shouldn't hold much weight. But data backed up by actual information is fine.

Actually, Australia didn't have that many shootings leading up to the ban(single digit numbers of mass killings with firearms before the Port Arthur incident).

Like I have also stated, its almost like the US is a different country, with different societal and economical issues. You say I ignore data from every other first world country, but so are you. There are several other first world countries that have guns in just about every household, but don't have the violence in general that we have in the US. And it is almost like there are several US states, that have larger populations/economies than many EU countries...

I mean, its almost like this is a complex issue, that a simple answer will not fix...Crazy, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Findlyn View Post
    I mean, its almost like this is a complex issue, that a simple answer will not fix...Crazy, I know.
    That's your opinion sure. But you can't be sure that gun control wouldn't help. We have evidence that gun control helped in certain countries, do you have evidence that it doesn't?