Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only notable thing I've seen from Seattle is giving Britt a $5M bonus now to keep him on through 2020 and keep his salary from ballooning next year. They signed Jaron Brown, C.J Smith, and a few other people, no one notable though. They usually take their time during FA, and limited cap space is making it more apparent compared to other teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    Rams. +1 if they sign Suh.
    If they do, its time to start engraving Russell Wilson's tombstone.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    RW already has to deal with Donald. I don't want to imagine Donald and Suh please. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe the Strong View Post
    RW already has to deal with Donald. I don't want to imagine Donald and Suh please. Thanks.
    I was really worried when the Dolphins signed Suh. He never really made a difference in the games we played them. He was good, caused pressure on the QB here and there, blew up a run play on occasion, but he was never a constant force you had to worry about. You could bank on him taking plays off near constantly.

Even if the Rams sign Suh, I wouldn't be too worried for Russel Wilson. You can argue he's never played with someone like Donald, but I'd argue he had far superior edge pressure when he played with the Dolphins and those guys were a far bigger problem then Suh ever was. Patriots didn't double team Suh all that often, so you could still just double team Donald.

So much for Jordan Taylor being Denver's #3 WR. He is going to miss most of the season after hip surgery. He was also the only one that could reliably catch a punt and not fumble it on the return. Outside of DT and Sanders there is literally no receiving threat unless Butt turns out good. The offense is probably going to be sketchy again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Even if the Rams sign Suh, I wouldn't be too worried for Russel Wilson. You can argue he's never played with someone like Donald, but I'd argue he had far superior edge pressure when he played with the Dolphins and those guys were a far bigger problem then Suh ever was. Patriots didn't double team Suh all that often, so you could still just double team Donald.
    Worth remembering that the Rams might now have the best secondary in the NFL. The LB overhaul is still a work in progress though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Seems so yeah. Quite a few trades too, and the whole QB intrigue, which means Vikings suddenly are legit superbowl contenders (if they weren't already with previous team minus QB).

That reminds me of an interesting question that the media usually loves, but I love for all the wrong reasons, cause it's typically a team that fails when the actual football is being played:

Who WON the offseason so far?
    If this includes the draft, on paper i'll say the browns + their free agent signings. Rams adding some finer stuff on their defense which is guchi. They're in a full 'win-now' mode. 49ers making rounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Matt Slater back with the Patriots on a 2 year deal. Thank god for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cowboys have acquired Jamize Olawe form the Raiders. Havent heard of him really, but the reddit makes it seem like a good deal.

He's apparantly from UNT, so you'd think Id heard of him since I was going to college at the same time he was playing -_-

and we apparently had him on our practice squad before the Raiders got him. Shows what I know...
    Last edited by Crissi; 2018-03-21 at 12:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Cowboys have acquired Jamize Olawe form the Raiders. Havent heard of him really, but the reddit makes it seem like a good deal.

He's apparantly from UNT, so you'd think Id heard of him since I was going to college at the same time he was playing -_-

and we apparently had him on our practice squad before the Raiders got him. Shows what I know...
    He's a Fullback. His own team mates probably barely know who he is.

- - - Updated - - -

Bills receiver Zay Jones in some trouble. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...hrough-window/

I'm not so much wondering about this incident, and more on his apparent desire to jump from a 30 foot high window. That's a Robert Nkemdiche like series of events. And Nkemdiche very likely used synthetic weed to have caused his issue. I hope for Zay Jones he wasn't using any of that.

Zay Jones was very hard on himself last year for a lackluster rookie season. He started getting it together late in the season (production wise) but he always in interviews seemed to put a lot on his shoulders. I think this is a mental break of some sort, stress for not performing, since he was a star in both high school and college.

Plus, the WR coach last year was his coach in college, and Tyrod took him under his wing, and both are now gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Edited to add: I'm not denying there may be a drug connection, but he's always been an emotional type of player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently new 'catch rule' is being talked about; https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.d8a0203bb287

It mentions when going to the ground; "The new catch rule, Vincent said, will require only that a receiver have control of the football, and any slight movement of the football in the receiver’s hands detected via replay review would not result in an incompletion".

"we’ll go back to the old replay standard of reverse the call on the field only when it’s indisputable"

Will this bring some much needed clarity or just bring more disputes? I'm sure this is still going to cause problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Apparently new 'catch rule' is being talked about; https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.d8a0203bb287

It mentions when going to the ground; "The new catch rule, Vincent said, will require only that a receiver have control of the football, and any slight movement of the football in the receiver’s hands detected via replay review would not result in an incompletion".

"we’ll go back to the old replay standard of reverse the call on the field only when it’s indisputable"

Will this bring some much needed clarity or just bring more disputes? I'm sure this is still going to cause problems.
    It'll still be messed, but hopefully not as messed as before.

- - - Updated - - -

Lynch restructured his deal, ensuring he won't be departing in the wake of the Muscle Hamster signing.

I wonder if it means more things will be ruled catch and fumbles. Like, is it a catch as soon as the WR has control and has the requisite body parts down? And if he fumbles it in the next second it's then a fumble?

10+ Year Old Account
    Olawale is good, was poorly underutilised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its probably going to work out well for Darnold that it rained at his pro day since most of the top picks are places less sunny than California and now they got a chance to see him throw in less than perfect conditions.

- - - Updated - - -

Suh cancelled his meeting with the Raiders and is considering his options after meeting with the Titans, Saints, and Rams. Apparently the Rams made a strong impression.

- - - Updated - - -

Giants traded JPP to the Bucs for a 3rd and they swap 4ths. He has 3 years $39.5m left on his deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Giants traded JPP to the Bucs for a 3rd and they swap 4ths. He has 3 years $39.5m left on his deal.
    Bucs are almost certainly going to clean house next season. That's an awful trade to make.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, they can cut him without any losses probably cause the Giants pay him the prorated parts of his deal, but that's still giving up a 3rd rounder for a washed pass rusher and paying him 10+ million this year.

- - - Updated - - -

"Just talked to JPP, who said Dave Gettleman called to tell him he’d been traded to Bucs. JPP said DG told him it was “an offer they couldn’t refuse.” JPP said he is happy he’ll be closer to his son, who lives in S Florida." - Kimberly Jones

"an offer they couldn't refuse". Well yeah, any time you can get a free 3rd rounder for a player that doesn't fit your system and hasn't lived up to his contract, that's a great deal. Fairly sure no one else even came close to bidding what the Bucs did.

10+ Year Old Account
    JPP goes from the 2nd worse defense in the league to the worst, maybe he'll be enough to catapult them to 2nd worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Competition Comittee proposals are officially in:

Some interesting ones, including the one where if a team gets the winning TD in regulation when time expires they don't have to kick the extra point or attempt a 2 point conversion anymore. (cause of the disaster at the end of Saints-Vikings)

10+ Year Old Account
    Frank Gore signed with Miami. Hope they use him well. Then again, with him and Drake, not sure who's the number one.

Edit: Realized he went to college at Miami. Bet he's loving being back there then.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2018-03-22 at 11:40 PM.