Thread: Master Looter

Page 29 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The only problem I see with this change is that some guilds will try to tell people to trade their items to other raiders which will probably create drama. It doesn't really affect me, as I mostly pug HC nowadays, but I hope they address that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    The only problem I see with this change is that some guilds will try to tell people to trade their items to other raiders which will probably create drama. It doesn't really affect me, as I mostly pug HC nowadays, but I hope they address that.
    Currently you can't trade personal loot that is higher than your current ilvl for that slot. This is good since titanforging has been completely removed in BFA and warforging and other procs are much rarer. This means when you do proc, and it's better, it can't be stolen from you.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    if a person contribute even a 1 % to the kill he deserves fair share - only surprised devs took so long to act against such obvious toxic behaviours in game.

very good change
    Spoken like a true grey-ranked toxic player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Yes, you can. I can't claim specifically for titan forged but I know that you can't trade legendaries but I am quite sure you can trade items with additional sockets and similar ones. You can trade them in raids, 5man dungeons and LFR and I am quite sure it has been the case since Warlords if not earlier.
    ONLY if the said item is same or lower ilvl than what you have for that slot(bags or equipped)
    Raider and multi-classer currently on:
    Fire Mage on Ravencrest EU
    Guardian Druid on Ravencrest EU

Deleted
    They are not removing master loot... They said set gear is going away and they therefore they don't anticipate it to continue as the main way for guilds to distribute loot.

I am not really a high end player. only cleared Heroic and have no plans of entering mythic. but from my PoV I really would hate to see ML go. its just way more social imo and gives people a reason to come for progress runs (DKP etc). I feel like personal loot is (for a lack of a better word) so unpersonal, it makes it feel like players are there for themselves and not the raid. I frequently pass up loot from ML to my guildies that would benefit more from it than me. that might not be possible with personal loot because of all the trade restrictions it has.

it wont make me stop playing if they remove ML, it will just take a social aspect out of raiding that I enjoy and have enjoyed since vanilla.

So many trinkets will go to waste unless they lift the stupid ilvl Req.
    Whats bis for one spec is complete dogshit for another spec/class.

At least half of the people currently cheering for this change will be here month after release crying that stoopid blizz rng never gives them good loot, just you watch.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure blizzard did it to save raiders from themselves. because they feel "forced" to do split runs to be come competitive on a meta they created themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Why do you even play a multiplayer game then?
    Multiplayer game means tradable loot? lol

Do you raid because you enjoy playing with friends or just to share loot?

It is very disheartening to see so many people on this forum, clearly not having any clue on what they are advocating for and treating Master Looting as if it touched them in forbidden places...

Personal loot is not an answer... Not to split raiding, not to ninja looting in guilds, not to guild progression... And not for personal benefit in the expense of others.

Just leave the Loot system the way it is...

Madness will consume you!!!

Because gearing right people first is better for the progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Multiplayer game means tradable loot? lol

Do you raid to enjoy playing with friends or just to share loot?
    I do enjoy playing with friends. I do not like slot machines though. I like to have a choice.
    Choice and control is being removed in WoW for whatever reason and it's not fun.

Just as it would not be fun if say healers get every good item the first 5 weeks and you'll fall behind others guilds that were just that much more lucky.

There is simply no good reason to remove ML. If you don't enjoy that loot rule then you don't have to use it. Why ruin the expereince for others though? It'll add nothing for you.

To everyone that didn't know already, GEAR IS A MEDIUM-LONG TERM CONSUMABLE THAT HELPS GUILDS KILL BOSSES FOR FUCK'S SAKE!

Reinforcing my above stated argument, pretty much all the competitive guilds (by that i mean top 2000 or around that) use various loot systems.

My guild uses Pawn (https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/pawn). What pawn does is that it can quite accurately tell you as a player and the loot master how much % is it of an upgrade. People can also talk to each other about the reasons they need it more or less, like eg. capping a secondary stat for a specific spec etc. Also in my guild gear prio is raiders then trials. Just so you can be sure the gear doesn't leave with the player.

So what Asmongold (even though i don't like him that much) is saying is completely true. Why punish everyone for the 1%. Seriously now why?

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all personal loot is crap.

Second of all master loot was in game since very begining.

Third of all personal loot allready maked an mess in 7.3.5 at least for now in dungs, where players wanted collect transmogs but they can't. Unless you make party right now and change loot. But this is going fixed in BfA with Legacy Loot Mode.

Four of all personal loot is crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    I'm pretty sure blizzard did it to save raiders from themselves. because they feel "forced" to do split runs to be come competitive on a meta they created themselves.
    Method already have 2 solutions how to do the split raids, so removing ML wont solve the issue they wanna solve
    Raider and multi-classer currently on:
    Fire Mage on Ravencrest EU
    Guardian Druid on Ravencrest EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    Loot councils get to steer loot for the benefit of the raid group, overall. If a plate item drops and 3 different dps classes can use it, it may be BiS for one, and just an upgrade for the other two. Who should get it? If you care about the raid, you give it to the person for whom it is BiS.

There are downsides, but that right there is the upside, to my understanding. If you're not in a competitive guild, then it doesn't really matter either way, but if you're racing for world firsts, giving that bis to the right player matters.
    You can trade personal loot though, only the bonus rolls are what you can't trade. While there are players who are too short sighted to see that their 2% gain won't help them progress as much as the other players 5% gain, I would say most raiders at the cutting edge do realize that if they get the BiS for another player, they should trade it to them.

I guess in the end it will just test a mixture of players trust, as well as a player's desire to down the content, not just preform well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

His whole argument can be destroyed by this simple statement - "You can trade items."
    so then obvious solution is removal of loot trading

wouldnt surpise me if they blocked it completly with release of BfA and reveling of their cross realm connections tool

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    You can trade personal loot though, only the bonus rolls are what you can't trade. While there are players who are too short sighted to see that their 2% gain won't help them progress as much as the other players 5% gain, I would say most raiders at the cutting edge do realize that if they get the BiS for another player, they should trade it to them.

I guess in the end it will just test a mixture of players trust, as well as a player's desire to down the content, not just preform well.
    and that slowing down is one of main goals of this system

you are giving agruments pro removal of ML not against

think a bit

Yes, you can. I can't claim specifically for titan forged but I know that you can't trade legendaries but I am quite sure you can trade items with additional sockets and similar ones. You can trade them in raids, 5man dungeons and LFR and I am quite sure it has been the case since Warlords if not earlier.
    No you can not if the item you want to trade has a lower or equal item level to the highest one that you own.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    To everyone that didn't know already, GEAR IS A MEDIUM-LONG TERM CONSUMABLE THAT HELPS GUILDS KILL BOSSES FOR FUCK'S SAKE!

Reinforcing my above stated argument, pretty much all the competitive guilds (by that i mean top 2000 or around that) use various loot systems.

My guild uses Pawn (https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/pawn). What pawn does is that it can quite accurately tell you as a player and the loot master how much % is it of an upgrade. People can also talk to each other about the reasons they need it more or less, like eg. capping a secondary stat for a specific spec etc. Also in my guild gear prio is raiders then trials. Just so you can be sure the gear doesn't leave with the player.

So what Asmongold (even though i don't like him that much) is saying is completely true. Why punish everyone for the 1%. Seriously now why?
    you are missing the point entirely

the problems is not 1% that nobody gives even a single f.... k about

the problem is 99% who mindlessly copy 1% playing model for any aspects of game

wouldnt surprise me if next announcement would be blocking every retarded addon like raider.io which influences game just as much as toxic loot councils and stuff.