Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I mean they could be the remnants of the Outland fel orcs that have decided to join the horde, but I feel like we're multiple expansions late for them to just suddenly exist again and want to do this.

If they had done this whole "allied races" thing during TBC, then oh yeah, fel and mag'har orcs would be great.
    I highly doubt we won't see Outland again. It's Blizzard's oldest piece of world content out now, I'm certain it will get it's Cataclysm sooner or later. Same with Northrend.

- - - Updated - - -

And Sylvanas as Warchief will almost certainly see the value in recruiting them as well

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Note the fact that he is hiding in the sewers with his face covered and is virtually the only eredar in the game that is not openly hostile to the player. He's an interesting character, but I am really not sure what this has to do with much of anything.
    i mean, they're not mindless. they can choose if they want to be good or bad.

most of those eredar in the legion probably thought they were doing what's best for the universe. if they're made to see what's best is helping us, maybe some would want to join us.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Knight Reyson View Post
    As all the new allied races have been based on existing ones but with some change in appearance, I started thinking of what could best fit the orcs. Mag'har Orcs, brown and uncorrupted Orcs, have been the most talked about option, but their limited difference with existing Orcs(only skin colour) might not make them interesting enough for it. Hence I arrived at Fel Orcs.

What are they?
    They're Orcs that drank the blood of pit lords and became corrupted by fel magic. They can have a red, black or grey skin colour, they have spikes on their spine and/or arms, enlarged tusks and their eyes are glowing red or green. They can also be larger in size than our regular orcs.
    Their spikes might stick through armour, but we already see this on Forsaken, so it might not be much of a problem.

https://i.imgur.com/iE2PLI1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1vmwU1t.jpg

How could they be added?

During the Legion expansion, we haven't been shy of using the enemy's power against them, Demon Hunters and Warlocks being prime examples of this.
    Despite Burning Crusade lore being rather shaky, Fel Orcs seemed to have a mind of their own and worked alongside Illidan in his fight against the Burning Legion. With our defeat of the Burning Legion itself, their connection with the Burning Legion could be severed entirely.
    There have also been attempts in the past to cure the Fel Orcs.

Where would they come from?

There's two major options, either we go with the Fel Orcs from Outland or we go with the ones from Alternate Draenor. Obviously the models would be the ones from Draenor as the Outland ones are hopelessly outdated, but maybe staying away from actual Alternate Draenor might be for the best.

Who would lead them?

This is a bit of a tough one, as we killed Kargath Bladefist in Outland and Kil'rogg Deadeye in Alternate Draenor. My suggestion would be a joint leadership of Jorin Deadeye and Grillok Darkeye, both of the Bleeding Hollow Clan, one is a Mag'har Orc and one a Fel Orc. The playable Fel Orcs could then largely come from that clan.
    If we're going with alternate Draenor Fel Orcs, maybe Grom Hellscream can lead cured Fel Orcs that still maintain their Fel features.

Why Fel Orcs?

They're a more unique option than just skin colour, there are already good recent models of them(male and female), they have an interesting backstory and could provide for more interesting story developments. With the Alliance looking towards the Void for new recruits, the Horde could look towards Fel.
    If we're going to be fighting the Alliance, why not use soldiers that were able to bring a previous Alliance to its knees and managed to kill a demi-god.

What classes?

Warrior, (dark) shaman, hunter, demon hunter(*), rogue, mage, warlock

(*)The Fel Orcs were part of the Illidari, it makes sense that if any other playable race was able to become DH, it would be Fel Orcs.
    post some god damn racials

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    Blood Furnace: Can smelt ore without using a furnace (I just hope they bring smelting back) and do not take damage from lava.

Shattered Hand: Increases damage done with 1 handed weapons

The Herald: Gain an increase to primary stat immediately after dismounting in combat.

Blood Ritual: Allows the Fel Orc to share their blood with fellow party members. Any alchemy buff they have will be shared with anyone who interacts with them, with a reduced effect. Essentially allows the Fel Orc to act like a weaker cauldron in a pinch.

I mean we killed the demon that was being the source for their fel power, so logically speaking they shouldn't be any different from our home grown orcs, it's just that blizzard can't be consistent for two seconds as to what demon corrupted orcs look like.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean we killed the demon that was being the source for their fel power, so logically speaking they shouldn't be any different from our home grown orcs, it's just that blizzard can't be consistent for two seconds as to what demon corrupted orcs look like.
    It could be that their transformation was more permanent. These Fel Orcs were created from a special infusion process invented by the Illidari, as opposed to other Fel Orcs, who just double dipped in the demon blood.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

most of those eredar in the legion probably thought they were doing what's best for the universe. if they're made to see what's best is helping us, maybe some would want to join us.
    The problem is why would anyone trust them. They were responsible for the death of thousands of worlds, were the masterminds behind repeated invasions of Azeroth that cost an untold amount of lives, and just generally seem to be fanatical about their devotion to Sargeras and wanton destruction. The Draenei (well Velen at least) might forgive them but they would never trust them enough to let them walk around freely. They chose to be monsters.

In comparison, the Orcs were tricked. They didn't know what they were getting into and after they had a sip they were on a complete downward spiral. When the blood wore off, they more or less returned to who they used to be. For Fel Orcs it can also be turned around. They joined Illidan and fought the Legion for him. Other Fel Orcs were put into situations where they had to drink more to survive, especially with the shattering of their entire planet. I also think most Fel Orcs are still classified as "humanoid" as opposed to demon, which implies that they haven't completely crossed that line yet. With the Illidari now part of the Horde, and no more blood for them to constantly feed on, they might have regained their senses enough to join the Horde without much issue.

The original Fel orcs we saw(Grom and his Warsong during Warcraft 3) were cured by Orcish and Elfish magics, then Mannoroth was killed, so logic would dictate that killing a Pitlord only releases the orcs he's enslaved, not cure the orcs of the fel

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    The original Fel orcs we saw(Grom and his Warsong during Warcraft 3) were cured by Orcish and Elfish magics, then Mannoroth was killed, so logic would dictate that killing a Pitlord only releases the orcs he's enslaved, not cure the orcs of the fel
    I meant like orc + pitlord = azerothian green fel orc

orc + different pitlord = red spiky fel orc?

orc + original pitlord in a different timeline = black fel orc???

Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-03-21 at 11:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be game for some badass playable Fel orcs. Remember that buff back in BC, the one in SMV that changed you to one when you flew over to the Netherwing island? I loved that.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I meant like orc + pitlord = azerothian green fel orc
    orc + different pitlord = red spiky fel orc?

orc + original pitlord in a different timeline = black fel orc???

Add green orc + original pitlord = red chaos/fel orc
    and also it theorized the AU fel orcs were like that since Mannoroth's blood had been aged before Kilrogg drank it
    and whether green, red or black, killing the pitlord who's blood they drank will only free them from their service, if it freed them from the corruption, all the orcs in orgrimmar would be the same as mag'har

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I'd want Eredar on Horde before I'd accept fel orcs.
    I'm pretty sure between Eredar or Fel orcs you can only get one or the other

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'd be game for some badass playable Fel orcs. Remember that buff back in BC, the one in SMV that changed you to one when you flew over to the Netherwing island? I loved that.
    Yeah I loved looking at how all my gear looked when I was turned into a fel orc, even bought the original gladiator set appearance so I could transmog as a Highlord when I reached exalted

I could actually see that happening, but likely not in the near future. We already got an orc allied race.
    The lore's not too crazy, they can have some decent customization, and their visuals are pretty cool.

One problem I do see is that they would make regular orcs a bit pointless. Having both the uncorrupted, savage, tribal Mag'har and the corrupted, monstruous Fel Orcs would make it hard to get a proper fantasy for what a regular orc should be. They would feel a bit like they're the boring version of the race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    I could actually see that happening, but likely not in the near future. We already got an orc allied race.
    The lore's not too crazy, they can have some decent customization, and their visuals are pretty cool.

One problem I do see is that they would make regular orcs a bit pointless. Having both the uncorrupted, savage, tribal Mag'har and the corrupted, monstruous Fel Orcs would make it hard to get a proper fantasy for what a regular orc should be. They would feel a bit like they're the boring version of the race.
    Mag'har - Peaceful, bloodshed as a last resort outside of hunting.

Normal - Honorable. Live for war and conquest, but only when it is justified. The honor that comes from fighting is more important than the fight itself.

Fel - Insatiable bloodlust. Fighting for fun. Not above fighting dirty and underhanded.

Think of the Mag'har as a Native American brave, the normal orcs as an honorable samurai, and the fel orc as a marauding Hun.

7+ Year Old Account
    I rather be sticking with Mag'har Orcs and hopeful the upcoming Dragonmaw and Mok'Nathal Orcs than a another subrace that no one asked for.

It was already bad enough with the alliance getting two Allied races that no one asked for from blizzard. Don't need anymore stupid ridiculous races like Void Orcs, or Lightforged Humans, Demon Elves, Fat Blue Trolls or whatever ridiculous ideas from blizzard that might sound like bad fanfiction. Please don't sent these examples to blizzard...
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

A metamorphisized Fel Orc DH would be most badass thing ever, some Red Hulk shit

thats reason enough to bring them in

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Mag'har - Peaceful, bloodshed as a last resort outside of hunting.

Normal - Honorable. Live for war and conquest, but only when it is justified. The honor that comes from fighting is more important than the fight itself.

Fel - Insatiable bloodlust. Fighting for fun. Not above fighting dirty and underhanded.

Think of the Mag'har as a Native American brave, the normal orcs as an honorable samurai, and the fel orc as a marauding Hun.
    The problem with that is the AU Mag'har are basically just green orcs in every way.

The MU ones fit fine as the peaceful "native american braves", since they were put out of the way of all the war stuff, but the AU somehow turned out the same as the normal Horde more or less.

That being said, how cool would it be to have all these diverse Orcs walking around Orgrimmar. So many clans, corrupted, super-corrupted and uncorrupted. Having friends or family meet with each other after a long time to find they are completely different. Has a ton of great story potential for the Orcs. All of the same race, some even of the same clans, all with radically different experiences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biotec View Post
    The problem with that is the AU Mag'har are basically just green orcs in every way.

The MU ones fit fine as the peaceful "native american braves", since they were put out of the way of all the war stuff, but the AU somehow turned out the same as the normal Horde more or less.

That being said, how cool would it be to have all these diverse Orcs walking around Orgrimmar. So many clans, corrupted, super-corrupted and uncorrupted. Having friends or family meet with each other after a long time to find they are completely different. Has a ton of great story potential for the Orcs. All of the same race, some even of the same clans, all with radically different experiences.
    They are trying to return to their peaceful ways, but getting rid of that bloodlust is hard. Our orcs are much more warmongers than their uncorrupted brethren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    Wrath of Hellfire: A hit that takes you below 50% health increases your Versatility by 10% for a 10 second duration, 2.5min cooldown
    Since regular Orcs already have Blood Fury, this is basically their version of that, with the bonus that it also works for tanks.

Touched by the Fel: Reduces the duration of curses, diseases and poison effects by 10%
    They're already affected by Fel, so all other effects have less of an effect. Figured having Magic there as well might be too OP.

Demonic Blood:Increases your mastery by 1%
    The blood they consumed increases their overall power, so this reflects that. Mastery is also the stat that no other race has a +1% of yet.

Insatiable Fury: Increases your movement speed out of combat by 10%
    Fel Orcs are consumed by their desire to fight. When not in a fight, they want to get into the next one as fast as possible.

Not entirely sure if the percentages and the duration/cooldown are over/underpowered, those could easily be increased or lowered.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

The question is not whether they would want to join us. The primary question is, Would we want to let them join us? (hell no), and the secondary question would be, would there be even remotely enough 'good' eredar to justify them as a playable race (up to Blizzard, but the answer is almost certainly no given the context of there only being one Eredar ever that was even remotely friendly).

I'm sure there are a lot of Eredar without a job now that don't want to face oblivion and would love to join the winning side. Not out of regret but rather out of desperation. There is absolutely no reason to let them, though, on any level.

Deleted
    They could make Fel Orcs an option for green normal Orcs.
    We saw Grom turn Red in WC3 after he took Mannoroth Blood a 2e time.

Maybe they can make a questchain like the warlock greenfire quest chain in a BfA patch but this time around you turn your normal green Orc into a fel Orc.
    Maybe they can do this then also for the Alliance side with Void Elfs to become High Elfs again and both sides would be pretty happy i guess.