Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torakhan View Post
    Why even reply to him? Do you just enjoy starting off topic arguments? Leave him be, look you were right he's banned again, so why waste the energy on him?

Back on topic. Do you guys think we're getting a build today? I hope we get something substantial.
    I love how I'm getting all the smack for starting 'off-topic' arguments,

*Looks at 4k pages of discussion*

But you're right, let's continue the tired "are we getting a new build today?" treadmill, like people don't ask it every 10 minutes.

Answer: seeing as every day of the week, even sundays, are historically known for having build releases, you can always guess and the chance to guess correct would be 1 in 7.
    So yes, I think we're getting one today, seeing as the 1/7 odds of monday and tuesday fell short. But then again, I could be wrong.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Haven't really healed but shadow is not super great with the horrible gear you get and you really feel the lack of artifact traits when it comes to generating madness.
    Only 113 though. It might change with levels and more stats.

The overall feel is about the same as in Legion though. Just... slow. It seems likely that you'll do about as well as you did in Legion as well. Great for raids, especially if you're able to keep dots on m,ore than one target. Pretty bad in dungeons as your burst is horrible.

As for the healing specs. I haven't really played them as I said but my pocket healer thought Holy worked well. The only healer she really had issues with was paladin for whatever reason.

- - - Updated - - -

The zones we have are pretty good already. The horde ones at least.
    Thanks much for the reply! I really appreciate it.

I got Alpha access today.

Both Legion and BfA Alpha's have been enabled within a week of me cancelling my sub to test if it puts me into an extra category. Obviously correlation != causation but the reason I tried it again this time is that quite a few other people seemed to get Legion Alpha after dropping their subscription, I thought I'd test it again.

Regardless, I'm hyped!

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Haven't really healed but shadow is not super great with the horrible gear you get and you really feel the lack of artifact traits when it comes to generating madness.
    Only 113 though. It might change with levels and more stats.

The overall feel is about the same as in Legion though. Just... slow. It seems likely that you'll do about as well as you did in Legion as well. Great for raids, especially if you're able to keep dots on m,ore than one target. Pretty bad in dungeons as your burst is horrible.

Im 116 Shadowpriest, so far it didnt change - its reaaaally slow compared to live.

The Shadow Word: Void talent is mandatory it feels like.. without it, having only 1 charge of mindblast.. feels so.. idk.. casting a slow mindflay 3 times until mindblast comes up again is so boring.. and im sad that sw:death is now a talent.. They taking away so much fast paced gameplay from the spriest - that's why i want to see the Heart of azeroth feature already.. But even the datamined T1 HoA enhancements look boring imho

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    This is the only option for a sylvanas replacement.

Sylvanas fanboys may be in greater number but mine are much smarter.
    Horde Bureaurocrat 01: "Ertrigg, we seek council with Warchief Bjoramier."

Ertrigg: "No can do, the Warchief has been banned again. Try back in 48 hours."

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Answer: seeing as every day of the week, even sundays, are historically known for having build releases, you can always guess and the chance to guess correct would be 1 in 7.
    So yes, I think we're getting one today, seeing as the 1/7 odds of monday and tuesday fell short. But then again, I could be wrong.
    Not every day has the same chance of getting a build though.

Not gonna see a weekend build in alpha unless something's seriously broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Wtf I got Alpha

Time to call in sick *cough, cough
    Lucky ^^ Gratz

10+ Year Old Account
    Always loyal to the non-Alpha Club

Just got in apparently. installing now. 2 alphas in a row. Must be some kind of record

oooh bitch i got alpha

7+ Year Old Account
    Grats to all of the new Alpha players!

Since we're in a lull period I'd like to point out that as someone who mostly observes/lurks this thread, I think we could all be a bit nicer to each other here in general. The attitudes I see here are different than any other forums I've participated in so it's pretty strange as this is a niche community.

I just find it strange that people sort of revel in creating a toxic environment where this is really one of the last threads that one should exist. It's just something that's prevalent here for thousands (geez) of pages so if you are constantly beefing with others I don't really understand why you'd like to be here!

Not asking for a Kumbaya movement or a tw: safe space or anything. It's just kind of crazy to me how antagonistic people are to each other for having slightly different opinions on World of Warcraft. Even when a controversial topic (re: Vulpera for instance) isn't present, the snide comments don't stop. We're all here because we love or loved the game so we at least have that in common.

This is one of the best places to celebrate when a new build hits the servers, but otherwise it tends to becomes a shit flinging contest very quickly.

Love y'all. Every day is another closer to BFA.

Alpha testers.. pffh! Splitters!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Not every day has the same chance of getting a build though.
    I assume you're taking into the account the stacked odds every day they don't release a build in a 7 day window, but you of all people must know they aren't obliged to release a build every week, meaning the odds are always the same?

And sure, sundays don't have the same odds as tuesdays, but speaking for simplicity's sake I'd keep the odds 1/7.
    Last edited by mmoce1f817744b; 2018-03-21 at 03:31 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saroc View Post
    Alpha testers.. pffh! Splitters!
    Just like Testing Team Alpha and the People's Alpha Testing Team of Judea!

(This is a Reference to the movie Monty Python's: The Life of Brian)
    Last edited by Steampunkette; 2018-03-21 at 04:19 PM.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

What are the odds of a new build coming out today?

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    And sure, sundays don't have the same odds as tuesdays, but speaking for simplicity's sake I'd keep the odds 1/7.
    They aren't obliged to push a build every week, no, but they have a history of doing that in the past. I wouldn't by any stretch of the imagination (or for simplicity's sake) say the odds are 1/7. That would just be misleading/incorrect. I always keep Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays in mind for builds and can generally go to bed early on Monday without missing anything. I never count on builds in the weekend (and neither does MMOC/WoWHead seeing it has happened only once in all of 2017).

I refer to 2017 (PTR, but retail/PTR also both change when a new beta build is released; long story) stats of version changes I pulled from my monitor db a few months back:

2018:

Last edited by Marlamin; 2018-03-21 at 04:30 PM.

Just got alpha. I have been in every beta. This is my first alpha!

7+ Year Old Account
    Grats to all who got alpha today!

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh c'mon Blizz, I wanna see new dungeons!