Thread: Master Looter

Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since I'm not a high end raider I can't say I'll miss ML.

edit: If its being removed that is. Seems like people are blowing the Q&A statements out of proportion
    Last edited by Dug; 2018-03-21 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Yes, but that would be acknowledging that people being able to choose who gets gear benefits more than just guilds that do split runs.

If they want to keep making this like Diablo 3, an RNG loot fest where other players are little more than tools to help you get said loot, they can't allow that sort of interpersonal connection. (I have a friend that keeps trying to convince me to come back for BfA, and every time I come to this site I find another development that makes me glad I left...)
    depends how you look at it.

you see it this ways others see it as come back to the very core of social interactions where those interactions arent focused around means to an end (gear) only around actual goal (killing bosses clearing raid)

removing loot drama and loot from equation will make this happen.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2018-03-21 at 12:02 PM.

Kinda not happy about it because we use rc loot council and we have only had one problem over the entire expac with it (was resolved fairly quickly). Our guild has been ubsurdly fair and it's benefitted all of us.
    However with the loss of tier pieces and with them putting even more emphasis on ilvl over stats, it honestly probably won't matter at all. BiS* Will basically mean the piece is .1% better for one spec over another... (Same ilvl)

Deleted
    A wall of text and too lazy to type out 'imma'.

Topics of general forum 1 month after first BfA raid launches:

"We will never invite trials without the same xp in our guild ever again"
    "I am a social in my guild and they never take me to farm runs. I'm done with guilds"
    "I am forced to hand out my loot to loot master after encounters. I'm done with guilds"
    "My favorite class is hunter and I'm so unlucky with PL that I will never have that BiS bow. Unsubbing"

See how many social issues PL fixes?
    That's right, none.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitepaw View Post

We will never have - and should never want - a loot system without any randomness.
    What you are defending here is a system of pure randomness.

Quote Originally Posted by agittunc View Post
    lel no context from that form another post you didnt include

- - - Updated - - -

then you clearly didnt read anything my friend
    no you cant. if the received item is higher you cant. you misread
    Thats where you are wrong kiddo, I traded many personal loots where item level wise upgrade and stats wise a downgrade to other raid members. And game only cares about item level. Dungeons its different but in raids you can trade.

Know your shit, there blue text on your item that you can trade with in 2 hour or something on your loot able to trade to other loot eligible players.
    Last edited by Az0na; 2018-03-21 at 12:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrasque View Post
    How about you prove your accusations before you simply say someone is wrong without any reason or logic. Back up your fake facts, if you even can. Simply saying someone is wrong doesn't mean that they, in a matter of fact, are wrong.
    This is ironic. Why don't you back up your fake facts? You're the one making statements.

But since what I say is easy to test and I love proving people wrong in this argument, I went ahead and did it:

Top : I invited a guildie, turned the party into a raid, I could pick Guild Master Loot. 2/2 guildies raid = 100%. Can use guild master loot.

Bottom: I invited someone from outside the guild. 2/3 guildies raid = 66.67% < 80% = Can't use master loot.

Got enough?

EDIT : If it was already on master loot, it drops back to personal.

For a few reasons, actually.

1.) Getting rid of Master Loot doesn’t stop split runs. Runs will instead be done by armor type so that any gear able to be traded will be.

2.) Getting rid of Master Loot takes away a choice, and one that some guilds find valuable even far below the World First race. Taking a loot decision out of the hands of the selfish majority and giving that decision instead to a trusted individual (or small group) removes the problem of one person getting geared based on luck, or a tight-knit clique of friends gearing each other rather than spreading the loot around amongst themselves.

3.) Master Loot occasionally acts as a reward system for dedicated raiders. Rather than a new guild recruit getting that trinket that just never drops, or a PUG getting everything based on luck to no benefit of your guild, you can decide how it’s distributed.
    Signature and Avatar by maybenotquiteasheavy!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    if a person contribute even a 1 % to the kill he deserves fair share - only surprised devs took so long to act against such obvious toxic behaviours in game.

very good change

- - - Updated - - -

you are mistake - trialling work both way - but not surprised because iits very common behaviour and misconception

you are acting as if the guild was the only entity to check the player who applies when its fault - player applying is also checking out the guild , how they behve how they interact and if he decided that its a toic shithole filled with people who behaves liek 12 year olds he has full right to leave even after 1 raid night

its time to abolish the regime of people having to jump over hoops in order to get invited into guilds

this is the reason why most of players when hearing guild says "no thank you cba to deal with toxic people"

thats why guilds have such bad name in game - because they treat new guildies like cannonfodder not as actual people
    This is correct, it works both ways. I've added that to my argument in other threads (or forums). A trial should also see if he feels comfortable raiding with this group.

The rest of what you're saying is some delusion on which I don't even want to comment. "Guilds having bad name in game". Are you so desperate to have an argument that you have to hilariously lie and make up alternative realities?

Quote Originally Posted by grenstar View Post
    Lol you make me lol

A true mythic guild clears heroic first or second at most.

You can call me any name want but facts are facts.

As to what said about method was a direct quto from thier page.

Why don't you go try read and you will see im saying facts.

The fact your x number in world, I forget the exact number like it matters, who really cares.

So you are better then me at video and or spend more time, good for you golf clap.

Do you get special button or something for being 360 something in the world? Do you get money? Do you anything in real life for it?

If the answer is no then honestly who cares.

The point is unless you are top 100 the 1% of dps is not the difference between a kill and not. It's mechanics.

You are killing the mythic bosses several weeks if not months after the release of mythic so you out gear it.

You are killing because the group is finally doing the mechanics correctly and you got good rng on a pull.

So please keep raging, cursing, and name calling to continue to show your maturity.

You definition of mythic guild may be different from mine.
    To be honest, and I am not trying to take anything away from the dedication of the top raiding guilds, but really, they have months practicing the mechanics as well. Every one of them has early access to the Alphas and Betas, giving them lots of time to learn all the ins and outs. Sure some final boss mechanics are never seen until live, but still, they certainly have done most of them long before ever going live.

The main difference is they have the motivation and time to do it. This is like comparing pro baseball players to your average work softball league.

I usually prefer the personal loot style, as I have made better experiences in overall loot gain with it.Having PM for guild groups was fine though.

I can't stand LC, did use DKP for over 3/4 of a decade and today I prefer simply sensible rolling for loot among people who can talk like adults with one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Again, if they lift the ilvl requirement there would be no difference to the current system.
    Id rather have the current system than see loot go to sharding. Pretty much every trinket that titanfroges and isnt bis for that player will be sharded. and thats gonna suck balls.

High end raiders will be hit the hardest by this because those are the types of guilds that do things such as run several heroic raids to gear up 4-5 characters on the first week so that they can have a fully geared team ready to go when mythic opens up. They won't be able to do this anymore, and it makes them angry.

I understand it perfectly. I also disagree with it, but not entirely. Forcing personal loot in this way will make the raid teams that geared up more random, which may mean they will be running even more alts through heroic raids just in hopes some of them will get lucky.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bcos they're gettin the blame for something that's not their fault. And dev's having them shoulder the blame is just sad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3nWMlxf4lI

I've never disagreed more with a video. Why are high end raiders complaining their taking Master loot away? I thought high end raiders hated being forced to do split runs? Don't guilds like Method hate running 5+ characters through heroic every week? Wouldn't forcing personal loot make it easier for other guilds to compete with method? Why are people complaining about removing Master loot as an option? Aren't you tired of Method winning every single race? Don't you want more people to take up high end raiding?

What's wrong with forcing it for a few weeks until a few guilds have killed the final boss on mythic? Or restricting heroic clears per account during the WF race and banning account sharing players?
    Not sure what you are on about, especially with other comments you made on the first page. First of all Personal Loot won't really change anything because they can still be traded so you can funnel gear towards players as long as they themselves haven't killed the boss already (assuming they are lucky enough for the gear that is an upgrade for the other player is not an upgrade for the one who got the item, so yes it takes a bit longer but is still possible). So everything you mentioned on this post won't even matter that much, the only difference is with Master Looter one player can award the loot directly to a player, with Personal Loot those that receive loot have to open a trade window with the player. So overall nothing much changes.

You also talk a lot about "banning" people for playing the game one way which doesn't affect anyone other than themselves, which doesn't really make sense. Who cares if they do split runs, why should players be banned for that? The playing field is already balanced, it is up to each individual player how much they want to play this game and how serious they want to take it. Just because you don't agree with that doesn't mean they should be banned for something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    forced PL in premade (guild) groups is just stupid, for example, a cloth item drops for a priest that is bis for a warlock, guess what, he cant trade it to the warlock because it is higher ilvl but has worse stats, so yea, thats a wasted loot drop, if that same item dropped in ML, the raid leader/loot council can just give it to the warlock(s) and everything is fine
    I don't understand this part. Why priest can't trade it to warlock? what is the issue?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    I don't understand this part. Why priest can't trade it to warlock? what is the issue?
    Read the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Read the post.
    I read it and still don't get it. Is there some sort of limitation in trading ? never ever had situation in which I can't trade something from my personal loot to anyone else(in group).

Also, I am not doing high end raiding so it may be different in dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    Because high end raiders raid in a guild, and master loot, with the ability of gearing a raid to your choosing, gives a sense of accomplishment as a guild, and not as an individual who got blessed by fucking RNG and got a random chest piece which isn't even good for you, but you can't trade because it's 5 item levels higher than your current piece.

Progressing through mythic content is much more than just showing up to raid..
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Top two replies just make it clear to me that you play the game with a my victory > team's victory mindset. That's why you can't understand how people are upset by this change.
    Also this.

Quote Originally Posted by Asiel View Post
    3.) Master Loot occasionally acts as a reward system for dedicated raiders. Rather than a new guild recruit getting that trinket that just never drops, or a PUG getting everything based on luck to no benefit of your guild, you can decide how it’s distributed.
    And this.

Amongst other things, It helps -
    • Gear up core members and roles first.
    • Prioritise peoples gear based on how much it would benefit the whole raid group
    • Reward regular raiders
    • Quickly gear up new players later in the raid cycle

Just as a random example, If there's a trinket or a set item that's a MUCH bigger DPS boost to a Team member that's another class (and thus an even marginally larger DPS boost for the raid overall), and you're upset because you think it's unfair that you didn't get it because it would just be a small ilvl boost for you... you're missing half the point of being a in a Mythic guild raid TEAM, and should get to Pugging instead.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2018-03-21 at 01:59 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!