Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    Of Man in the High Castle. Since you didn't know what it was.

The point is that presumably you're against **any** Nazi-esque comments, *regardless of context*.
    Watched the trailer now. Does not contain the words "gas the Jews".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    That sounds like an excuse to me. I don't think we should be so casual about advocating for genocide
    Cmon dude hes not advocating for genocide

Deleted
    Watched the trailer now. Does not contain the words "gas the Jews".
    So you literally, *solely* complained about that single word. Nothing else related to Nazism you'd object to legally (if just words)?

Im confused. According to you guys that are defending him, i can go up to a chick and tell them i'm going to rape them, and when she tells the police and they come to arrest me i should just be able to say 'lol i was jk it was all a joke haha'

Right? Because if i was 'just joking bro' then i dont have to deal with the consequences of what i've said. Right?

BTW, the Dankula dude got a big commie star chest tattoo. Don't ya folks feel dumb for defending him now, as he seems lefty?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    So you literally, *solely* complained about that single word. Nothing else related to Nazism you'd object to legally (if just words)?
    Three words.

So, you think Dankula should be a convicted criminal? Cool, so did the actual Nazis, cuz this ain't new:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackie_(dog)

15+ Year Old Account
    BTW, the Dankula dude got a big commie star chest tattoo. Don't ya folks feel dumb for defending him now, as he seems lefty?
    Why should I feel dumb for defending him? His politcal view has nothing to do with the fact that he is getting convicted for a somewhat offensive joke.

The premise of arresting/jailing comedians for being offensive is a dangerous one. Considiring one of the best comedic geniuses are prett darn offensive(ex. Monty Python)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    The premise of arresting/jailing comedians for being offensive is a dangerous one. Considiring one of the best comedic geniuses are prett darn offensive(ex. Monty Python)
    I mean, if you were completely ignorant as to what satire is versus just tasteless humour, sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I mean, if you were completely ignorant as to what satire is versus just tasteless humour, sure.
    I can agree its abit tasteless, and with a different presentation the same joke would not be as offensive. But to convict someone for it is absurd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    I can agree its abit tasteless, and with a different presentation the same joke would not be as offensive.
    'Different presentation' being 'actually satire and not just some wanker using the Holocaust for shock value', sure.

But to convict someone for it is absurd.
    I'm just honestly more amused that this idiot is the hill the "tell it like it is" crowd is choosing to die on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Your rights end where my feeling begin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's sad this man was arrested and Logan Paul is still free to walk the earth

What a world.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Your rights end where my feeling begin.
    Your rights end where you break hate speech laws.

Deleted
    I disagree that this in this context was hate speech. It takes a big leap to assume he did it as a threat.

Btw lol @ people comparing this idiot to monty python. Monty python jokes actually would have taken some degree of writing, critical thinking, and were quite ahead of their time. This idiot just repeatedly says 'gas the jews' and taught his dog how to move his paw.

Comedy genius amirite guiz

Deleted
    Kill cops isnt hate speech?

THats right elba

Sweet, so when Antifa, or fuck it anyone, starts causing trouble the police can simply deem it hate speech and BOOM! No rights, in the hole with you.

I think they should give him a pass based only on how awesome his name is. Count Dankula, love it!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    'Different presentation' being 'actually satire and not just some wanker using the Holocaust for shock value', sure.

I'm just honestly more amused that this idiot is the hill the "tell it like it is" crowd is choosing to die on.
    People have been using shock value for a long time. This Count Dankula's youtube channel is built on shock value and bad memes. Shock value for comedic effect was something that for instance George Carlin used a lot, and he got a lot of flak for it, but never was arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by rukya View Post
    Kill cops isnt hate speech?

THats right elba
    Cop is a job, so no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vathoren View Post
    Sweet, so when Antifa, or fuck it anyone, starts causing trouble the police can simply deem it hate speech and BOOM! No rights, in the hole with you.
    A lot of the stuff Antifa does is already illegal...