Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The human body truly is incredible. The amount of shit we can put ourselves through and still function...

Jesus.. I barely reach 1500 calories on a good day.

Twenty cans a day? How on earth could you even sleep?

I'm suspicious she isn't dealing with major issues in her kidneys as we see time and again in far lesser cases of energy drink consumption.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    30 cans of energy drinks?! The actual fuck?! I drink one can and I almost fall asleep within 10 minutes (and no, I am not claiming that they don't work for I don't know, all energy drinks has made me sleepy).
    Me too, apparently this happens in people who produce a lower than normal amount of orexin. Sugar suppresses production which makes you feel fatigued, in people who already don't produce much this effect is highly pronounced and overrides the caffeine kick.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2018-03-21 at 12:39 PM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Its funny, my family said i drink too much energy drinks (1 monster a day, i dont drink coffee). I should show them this

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Jesus.. I barely reach 1500 calories on a good day.
    WTF? I take 4000-7000 calories per day

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Well.. rarely feel hungry and when I am hungry I often can't eat all that much before I feel full.

It usually amounts to breakfast and a late lunch/early dinner.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2018-03-21 at 12:56 PM.

I wanted to see if they were addictive, so I drank 2 every day for a month and it no longer did anything for me so stopped. If you drink one every few days that would be ok but every day you are just pumping tons of sugar and chemicals with no benefit.

- - - Updated - - -

Every person on this planet has unique energy requirements that will be different from everyone else aside from regular needs like water and proteins etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey fuck you, I love Redbull.

fuck you all, don't hate. =(
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

5+ Year Old Account
    how can u drink that many? my heart starts racing after one only

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Somebody piss in your energy drink or something?
    Are you saying that piss tastes nice?

You are either a:
    1. professional cyclist in the middle of a heavy mid season training session (can go up to 6-7k per day in extreme cases);
    2. Special forces soldier doing a 100 miles march through jungle in full combat load (5-5.5k is a heavy load ration allowance);
    3. BSing;
    4. Grossly overweight.
    Take your pick.
    Last edited by Gaaz; 2018-03-21 at 01:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who at times has some health anxiety, and generally tries to eat health and limit a lot of things like not drinking too much caffeine. Stories like this remind me how resilient the human body really is. She's consuming multiple times the recommended limit of caffeine, I have to assume her heart is just racing like a machine gun all day long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    She must be really healthy because of all the Vitamin B in this drinks!

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    She must be really healthy because of all the Vitamin B in this drinks!
    Or about to go into liver failure.....take your pick lol.
    Seriously though, I hope she gets the help she needs because even if she kicks this she will likely move onto something else to replace the addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Anyone recommend anything else to pick up?
    A set of bagpipes.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    You are either a:
    1. professional cyclist in the middle of a heavy mid season training session (can go up to 6-7k per day in extreme cases);
    2. Special forces soldier doing a 100 miles march through jungle in full combat load (5-5.5k is a heavy load ration allowance);
    3. BSing;
    4. Grossly overweight.
    Take your pick.
    Actually im not, i am 180cm and have between 72-75kks.
    I have fucked up metabolism, my fay starts with breakfast which is different depending where I eat ( if at home its 200ml of milk and 5-6 sandwiches ( ham, pavlaka ( i think english name is sourcream ), cheese, tomatoes, pickles and salat on top ) ) if somewhere else club sandwich or pizza or something, then 2 hours later i have snack ( that is usually a 300gr of chocolate or a box of cookies with coffee ( 2nd one ) ), then lunch which varies from day to day, then again i have snack ( usually musli ), then i have coffee ( 3rd one - note that i drink nescoffee with milk ), then few hours after i have dinner which needs to be something that will get me through 8-9pm to 1-2am when i have my last snack before bed ( last one is mostly few peanutbutter sandwiches ).

So 1st breakfast is between 500-800calories, snack about 1000, with 2nd coffee with milk ( 200ml coffee ) thats about 2000 calories if not more, lunch is heavy so about 1000 calories, 2nd snack is smaller so that is about 300 calories, dinner is heavy as well so about 700-1000 calories, that is about 4000 so far and then last snack lets say 200calories, so about 4200.

Somebody piss in your energy drink or something?
    No why. Did you read my reply with the wrong tone?
    Read it with your father's voice story telling the summary of a marvel movie.

I'm surprised she's not already dead. There's a reason most energy drinks have the two can a day limit, because all that crap in it can have some serious affects. Not exactly conclusive evidence, but my cousin was an EMT for a while and even in our little suburban area, he came across two incidents of people who had 5+ energy drinks. One had their heart just stop just stop and one who's heart went so berserk from all the caffeine, taurine, etc... that it "exploded" as they called it(popped a blood vessel around it) resulting in internal bleeding that was exacerbated by a heart rate that was almost 200 bpm.

I know I'm addicted to caffeine as I get headaches if I don't have a caffeinated drink once a day, but that's all I need....one caffeinated drink. Doesn't need to be an energy drink; just one can of cola, a coffee, a tea, even a caffeinated flavored tea packet from Crystal Light does the job. This is WAY beyond caffeine addiction. She needs some serious help and I hope she gets it before she dies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Switch to sugar free. Mtn Dew Kickstart Ultra is 5 calories per can. It's my jam.
    The calories are just part of the problem, the bigger issue is the list of chemicals included in the energy drinks and what they do to your body. Calories are pretty simple to just work off (straight forward to deal with is what I mean). The other crap can't just be dealt with by going to a gym or being more active.

I don't really understand how people can drink them they taste horrendous

More in LINK but I was amused by the stereotypical image of a Scot holding Iron-Bru
    I am surprised she is still alive after drinking 30 cans of energy drink a day. If I was her, I would get help with that sooner rather than later..........