Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Basically, there is no relevant expert or research that suggests The Wall will help the problem in any useful way.
    Since when has Trump cared about relevant experts or research when they don't just confirm his preexisting assumptions?

I find it hilarious that as this investigation goes on that Trump's lawyers become sleazier and sleazier looking, from progressively shittier law schools. That in and of itself is pretty telling.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Im starting to believe the GOP wont actually do anything do anything if Mueller is fired. They might all some out abd "Im against it" but they wonr past a resolution to protwct Mueller from being saying "wish there was a law or something in place .
    They don't want to deal with the backlash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I find it hilarious that as this investigation goes on that Trump's lawyers become sleazier and sleazier looking, from progressively shittier law schools. That in and of itself is pretty telling.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/19/u...mp-lawyer.html

Trump Hires Lawyer Who Has Pushed Theory That Justice Dept. Framed the President
    I think it's worst than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    At this point it looks like Trump is having to scrap lower and lower in the barrel to find lawyers that want to rep him.

Which isn't surprising, and should lead to many a guffaw. Hopefully we can get a trial that plays out a bit like the Kobach trial in Kansas, which has been going on for a week or so with the judge repeatedly having to reprimand and lecture Kobach and his lawyers for literally having now clue what they're doing. It's been a true delight to watch, and makes me wonder why we were ever worried this chucklefuck would pose a serious threat to voting rights nationally, despite his intention to disenfranchise as many potentially liberal voters as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    You mean they weren't?
    Not really. They have to operate through an anti-filter that adds bozo eruptions.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Not really. They have to operate through an anti-filter that adds bozo eruptions.
    Not so sure about that, given that Bannon was reportedly able to get Trump to sign anything he put in front of him.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Kushner is now claiming that yes, he met with the Qatari finance minister in April 2017, and yes, they'd met before so Kushner could try to sell him real estate, and yes, the foreign minister was ready to buy, but Kushner did the right thing and turned it down, to avoid conflicts of interest.

This is tooooooootally different from Kushner wooing investors to 666 5th Ave, when foreign investors were offered investment options with Kushner's name on them, with no mention of conflict of interest by Kushner's team at all.

"How is it different?"

Kushner's team was caught trying to push 666 5th Ave to China, with Kushner's full consent and name on everything, in May, This is different, because one month earlier, Kushner is now claiming he was turning down sacks filled with Middle East money because of conflicts of interest.

So what was the rest of his opioid crisis solution?

All I got was:

- kill drug dealers (that would involve a lot of his rust belt voters)
    - a scary ad campaign to "scare kids straight"
    - and some comment about better treatment? Is he talking about rehab or methadone clinics? Will users have to pull themselves up by the bootstraps to afford said treatment? We know the govt will hate paying for it.

Did I miss anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Did I miss anything?
    He did suggest making it easier to go after pharm companies for overmaking, overmarketing and overselling their product.

The real question is: where's Kellyanne Conway? This was supposed to be her job.

He did suggest making it easier to go after pharm companies for overmaking, overmarketing and overselling their product.

The real question is: where's Kellyanne Conway? This was supposed to be her job.
    Well he was, then he met a pharma lobbyist. So he will just go after poor people instead, as per Republican standard procedure.

Also, when you ask why the Conway is not doing her job, you got your answer right there.

Felt this might be good here. Fox News contributor quits and slams Fox News calling it a "propaganda machine".

"Over my decade with Fox, I long was proud of the association. Now I am ashamed," Peters wrote.

“Four decades ago, I took an oath as a newly commissioned officer. I swore to 'support and defend the Constitution,' and that oath did not expire when I took off my uniform. Today, I feel that Fox News is assaulting our constitutional order and the rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers,” he said.

“In my view, Fox has degenerated from providing a legitimate and much-needed outlet for conservative voices to a mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration,” Peters continued.
    Nothing like seeing someone stick it to Fox News, even if it is when he's leaving.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Felt this might be good here. Fox News contributor quits and slams Fox News calling it a "propaganda machine".

Nothing like seeing someone stick it to Fox News, even if it is when he's leaving.
    Sounds like he's mostly angry about them not taking Trump to task on cozying up to Putin.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Sounds like he's mostly angry about them not taking Trump to task on cozying up to Putin.
    He should be. Most conservatives consider themselves "patriots." Many of which certainly remember the Cold War and who the "bad guys" were.
    The "patriots" should be enraged at the thought of a Putin-puppet as their president.

15+ Year Old Account
    About that last one: Since 2011, we've grown more and more of our own. Prices are down, too. I'll fully admit, a tunnel system could easily get blocked by new wall construction, but, erm, pot's not an opioid. Not really relevant.

Also, a former DHS Secretary had something to say on the matter.
    Yep, the quality has gone way up, and the price had dropped almost 50% in my area. I know because uh, I know a guy.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Yep, the quality has gone way up, and the price had dropped almost 50% in my area. I know because uh, I know a guy.
    Right? I hear that what used to cost about $20 for a single serving now costs about $100 for 14 servings, and the quality of those servings is about twice what it once was.

Almost like if they were to legalize, regulate, and tax it, it could be a huge source of revenue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry about that "death penalty for drug dealers" bit. It will only apply to "extremely large" quantities of drugs.

"Which is how much?"

Not specified.

In any event, while a law for such already exists -- and it appears Jeff Sessions is instructing his team to use that existing law -- it's never been tested. The closest was, again, Kennedy vs. Louisiana, in which a death penalty was removed because the crime did not intend for the victim to die. Any death penalty for a non-violent drug dealer would almost certainly face the same legal challenge -- possibly with more success, as drugs routinely kill people, but it'd still be challenged.

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/statu...14731958390784

Marco Rubio thinks the White House leaks are a bigger outrage and greater threat to the United States than Trump's support of Putin:

I don’t agree with congratulating #Putin but bigger outrage is this leak that could only come from someone in @POTUS inner circle. If you don’t like President resign, but this ongoing pattern of duplicity holds potential for serious damage to the nation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    https://twitter.com/marcorubio/statu...14731958390784

Marco Rubio thinks the White House leaks are a bigger outrage and greater threat to the United States than Trump's support of Putin:
    Rubio always was and continues to be a weasel, so this is unsurprising.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    Marco Rubio thinks the White House leaks are a bigger outrage and greater threat to the United States than Trump's support of Putin
    So, it's not that Trump supports Putin, it's that we the public shouldn't know how badly he supports Putin.

Got it.

Meanwhile, Trump's new CDC appointee is a man who once did an army study for an HIV vaccine in which he was either extremely sloppy with the data or flat-out fabricated results:
    https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...ointee-n858771

Only the best people.