Poll: How do you feel about playable vulpera?

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If you read the Narnia books you will find lots of animals armed with swords. I mention this as it seems to me that those books, together with LotR and others, are part of the groundwork of the fantasy genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    Where/when did they say this?

Also Blizzard's word doesn't mean shit until we have the finalized product in our hands. They were quick to deny the existence of Void Elves and LF Draenei when they were datamined.

- - - Updated - - -

There's no way in hell they join the Alliance. IIRC the Alliance ends up supporting the Sethrak, which were the ones enslaving/eating the Vulpera.
    In their latest Q&A.

What Allied Races are planned for BFA?

Dark Iron Dwarf, Mag'har (Uncorrupted Brown) Orc, Kul'Tiran, Zandalari.

Straight from Wowhead.

They're pretty terrible-looking, but I honestly don't care how many playable races they add into the game. If I don't like them, I won't play them. I'm not gonna get butthurt about additions of races just because I'm not interested in playing them. I won't play most of the new allied races either, but I'm fine with them being added.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    If you read the Narnia books you will find lots of animals armed with swords. I mention this as it seems to me that those books, together with LotR and others, are part of the groundwork of the fantasy genre.
    And animals with swords are fine. It starts getting weird when you slap tits on those animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Seriously...
    It is just as logical as not wanting them in the game because "FURRIES NOOOOOOO"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    And animals with swords are fine. It starts getting weird when you slap tits on those animals.
    If anything they should have like 6 tits.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post
    They will be NPCs....

confirmed with a blue post. Get over it.

I read that as a "I'm not gonna confirm it, but not gonna denied too". Exactly the same they did with the first bunch.
    It's standard bussiness, you dont say yes in case you dont deliver later and they stone you for that, but you also dont say no to get their expectations up and maintain the window open for the opportunity

Where/when did they say this?

Also Blizzard's word doesn't mean shit until we have the finalized product in our hands. They were quick to deny the existence of Void Elves and LF Draenei when they were datamined.
    Depends on "when" they join.
    The current 4 available Allied races are technically part of BfA already, story wise Legion was over with the defeat of Argus and imprisonment of Sargeras.

That's why you only get them once you purchase BfA, they're part of the BfA product, not Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dravec View Post
    In their latest Q&A.

Straight from Wowhead.
    There's always a problem with believing everything Blizzard says. Often they don't want to reveal their plans or surprises before they actually happen. Just like how they tried to hide the fact that Worgan and Goblins were coming with Cata. Or how allied races were launching pre-BfA. They have even outright lied to us about Zandalari druid forms.

With how much work has been put into the Vulpera, and how easy it would be to enable them, I think this is another thing Blizz is just hiding or keeping intentionally vague.

In their latest Q&A.

Straight from Wowhead.
    And before mag'har and kul'tirans were datamined the only planned races were Zandalari and Dark Irons.

Like I said, we'll see Blizzard's actual plan on launch day.

And before mag'har and kul'tirans were datamined the only planned races were Zandalari and Dark Irons.

Like I said, we'll see Blizzard's actual plan on launch day.
    Maybe not on launch. I don't see the Vulpera and maybe Sethrak coming out before 8.1 at least. Most likely we will have DID and Maghar either prepatch or some point during leveling / immediately after hitting 120. Zandalari and KT humans will probably be a quest chain or pathfinder thing but still unlockable early on in the expansions life. After that I can see recruiting the Vulpera.

Blizzard basically denied Vulpera when they said the only Allied Races we’re getting in BfA are the announced ones.
    Ok, now show us where Blizzard said that the only races we're getting in BfA are those four.

Go on, find that sentence. Find the sentence that says "The only races that will be released at all for the entirety of Battle for Azeroth are these four, and absolutely no more will ever be released in this expansion."

I'll wait.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    I read that as a "I'm not gonna confirm it, but not gonna denied too". Exactly the same they did with the first bunch.
    It's standard bussiness, you dont say yes in case you dont deliver later and they stone you for that, but you also dont say no to get their expectations up and maintain the window open for the opportunity
    I used to believe in Santa Claus as a kid, then I grew up.
    But faith is a good thing. Doesn't mean it will happen, but if it does, I wish you find happiness and answers to your prayers.

Positive thinking can lead to great things. Don't give up buddy.

Honestly, if they get enough development and presence in BfA, I think more people will be happier about them.
    Just purely aesthetic reasons are dumb and shouldn't be the reason for a race to be added.

But faith is a good thing. Doesn't mean it will happen, but if it does, I wish you find happiness and answers to your prayers.

What a condescending post.

Quote Originally Posted by Biotec View Post
    Just like how they tried to hide the fact that Worgan and Goblins were coming with Cata.
    I think that's slightly different because freaking Halloween masks revealed that, so they hastily released a few others to muddy the waters.

I think you didn't undertand my comment. I wasnt implying that they'll add them because they're doing the same thing as they did with the first 4 races.
    I'm just saying that Blizzard will only confirm them if they're 100% sure that they'll include them, but otherwise they'll keep quiet because in the industry:
    - If you say yes, or maybe, and then don't deliver, consumers get mad because "you promised!! you bunch of liars!"
    - If you say no, you lose the attention of the cunsumers that they could be interested in other things you'll deliver but you have not anounced yet.

Playable Vulpera (and Thin Humans, for that matter) are an extremely safe bet at this point, and for that I am thrilled!

Don't be fooled by Blizzard's non-denial denial. Despite what Blizzard has said, everything else added to that chrraces database (?) recently has been revealed as playable. That alone is reason enough, nevermind everything else we know about Vulpera.

15+ Year Old Account
    Vrykul
    Nightfallen
    Felblood Elves

All these 3 races just from the top of my head, have possible armor customization, unique race model, male/female models, yet, they are NPCs...
    Of those three, only male vrykul are rigged as a "character" race model with armor customization.

Female vrykul, Nightfallen elves, and felblood elves all use "creature" models with swappable geosets and textures for different sets of armor, same as many other NPC races (notable examples being tol'vir, mantid, mogu, MoP Zandalari, and Legion Nightborne). For all of these races, the armor is part of the creature model, which is why you never see that armor available to players. Blizzard can turn the geosets on and off in different combinations to create a variety of different looks using just a single creature model.

Vulpera were initially implemented with just the "creature" models, with a few geoesets for robes, collars, hoods, shoulderpads, and accessories, as well as a seperate model of a female pirate vulpera. These versions also didn't include tails -- at Blizzcon the lead character artist actually mentioned that they debated whether or not they should have tails, and ultimately decided against it due to the amount of work it would take to animate them.

Not long after that they started implementing "character" race model versions of the vulpera, and most tellingly added them to the ChrRaces.db2 database file, although unlike other NPC-only character models (such as naga, vrykul, broken, forest trolls, etc.), the vulpera were given character creation flags for customization, the Horde character creation screen flag, and a Horde character select screen flag.

Over the last two months the customization options for the vulpera have become more and more robust, and unique animations have also been added to them (including adding tails to the models). At present they actually have more robust and complete models and customization options than Kul Tiran humans.

And all of this after they had already implemented those "creature" models with a few dozen different geoset combinations.

The fact is, the amount of work they're putting into them would be completely unnecessary if they didn't intend to eventually make them playable. If they were just appearing as occasional NPCs and a faction in Vol'dun, they had everything they needed for that complete and ready to show off at Blizzcon.

Just like when the first four Allied races were datamined on the 7.3.0 PTR, we found out about it from the ChrRaces.db2 database file before any official announcement was made. And just like those four, they've got specific character creation flags instead of the standard null flags for NPC races. Hell, they had them in the database before Kul Tiran humans and Mag'har orcs -- that's how much closer to being in a playable state they are than the other announced Allied Races.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2018-03-22 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Of those three, only male vrykul are rigged as a "character" race models with armor customization.

Female vrykul, Nightfallen elves, and felblood elves all use "creature" models with swappable geosets and textures for different sets of armor, same as many other NPC races (notable examples being tol'vir, mantid, mogu, MoP Zandalari, and Legion Nightborne). For all of these races, the armor is part of the creature model, which is why you never see that armor available to players. Blizzard can turn the geosets on and off in different combinations to create a variety of different looks using just a single creature model.

Vulpera were initially implemented with just the "creature" models, with a few geoesets for robes, collars, hoods, shoulderpads, and accessors, as well as a seperate model of a female pirate vulpera. These versions also didn't include tails -- at Blizzcon the lead character artist actually mentioned that they debated whether or not they should have tails, and ultimately decided against it due to the amount of work it would take to animate them.

Not long after that they started implementing "character" race model versions of the vulpera, and most tellingly added them to the ChrRaces.db2 database file, although unlike other NPC-only character models (such as naga, vrykul, broken, forest trolls, etc.), the vulpera were given character creation flags for customization, the Horde character creation screen flag, and a Horde character select screen flag.

Over the last two months the customization options for the vulpera have become more and more robust, and unique animations have also been added to them (including adding tails to the models). At present they actually have more robust and complete models and customization options than Kul Tiran humans.

And all of this after they had already implemented those "creature" models with a few dozen different geoset combinations.

The fact is, the amount of work they're putting into them would be completely unnecessary if they didn't have the intention to eventually make them playable. If they were just appearing as occasional NPCs and a faction in Vol'dun, they had everything they needed for that complete and ready to show off at Blizzcon.

Just like when the first four Allied races were datamined on the 7.3.0 PTR, we found out about it from the ChrRaces.db2 database file before any official announcement was made. And just like those four, they've got specific character creation flags instead of the standard null flags for NPC races. Hell, they had them in the database before Kul Tiran humans and Mag'har orcs -- that's how much closer to being in a playable state they are than the other announced Allied Races.
    Thank you! This is what I've been saying for a while now. They've had so much work put into them, I just cannot see Blizzard putting in all this effort for an NPC race that only make a major appearance in one zone.

If by some chance Vulpera don't become playable, we need to riot. The resources they spent on making Vulpera the nicest looking NPCs in WoW history could've instead gone towards expanding the depth of customization for the actually playable races coming in BFA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind them as a concept, but I dislike the fact they are being added to WoW. It's just another sign WoW is not the same WC3 I got into back in high school.