Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Who cares about his motives, good riddance.
    Figuring out mental breaks can help possibly prevent these things in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    This is blatantly false.

Criminal psychology is a big deal because it helps find a criminal faster next time.
    There is no solution to crazy mass murderers. Thinking that there is, is just not a very intelligent position, from my view. They will always exist. They have always existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    There is no solution to crazy mass murderers. Thinking that there is, is just not a very intelligent position, from my view. They will always exist. They have always existed.
    What the literal fuck are you even going on about?

Solution?

I'm very comfortable calling him a terrorist for one reason only - the Tripwire bomb.

The whole point of Terrorism is in the name itself, to spread terror, paranoia and fear. The point of the tripwire bomb in a park seems specifically aimed for that reason only.

While the package bombs are sufficient to spread fear - they are still specifically targeted. A Tripwire bomb set up in a Public Park is a VERY clear indicator that his goal was to spread fear of not being safe ANYWHERE for ANY reason. Lots of people + Random chance = bigger the commotion. I believe it's called "Escalation".

Solution?
    I only make my statements once, sorry. You can scroll up, or just move on. Either is fine with me.

Solution?
    I mean, he's obviously right, so why bother - right? Obviously we shouldn't do anything of course! Same thing with Rapists... why bother with those rape laws when people are going to rape anyways, right?

/s

- - - Updated - - -

I only make my statements once, sorry. You can scroll up, or just move on. Either is fine with me.
    Wow... how typically condescendingly pretentious of you. :P I think i'm going to bookmark and repost this gem of insipid cowardice everytime you respond to somebody else's post asking a question.

EDIT: By the way, in my book - that's an admission of Trolling. He just posted once with an edgy debatable remark designed to piss people off, then said he deliberately didn't want to engage or discuss that remark. Report him and move on
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2018-03-21 at 11:34 PM.

Scroll up for what? You shit posting completely irrelevant comments.

I said criminal psychology helps investigate ongoing crimes. You said there is no solution to a mad man.

Stop shit posting.

Solution?
    What he's trying to say is:

Don't take away my guns. I need to feel safe from the criminal hordes.

Local media? Because I didn't hear any main stream media reporting on the racial component of the case.

People are saying it's very likely he was racially motivated in his attacks based on all the evidence.

There are people in this thread saying "No you can't say that!" and desperately trying to find excuses to make his motivation anything BUT race.
    mainstream media immediately jumped to "its racially motivated" - days ago. there is even a link a few pages up. local media was more cautious. it may end up being racially motivated, or politically motivated, or something in between. but there was STILL an implication, while he was still at large and before they were able to confirm that there are no longer bombs in circulation, that this is something that is not endangering white people. THAT. is. an issue. caused by immediate "oh he is targeting black families"

moreover https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/21/us/au...ons/index.html apparently he left a 25 minute confession. and I quote
    Interim Austin police Chief Brian Manley described the recording as a confession and said Conditt did not mention hate on the recording. "It is the outcry of a very challenged young man talking about challenges in his life that led him to this point," the interim chief said.
    does it excuse what he did? absofuckinglutely not. does this mean that there are no racial injustices? no, it does not. it also doesn't mean that there are no racially motivated crimes. of COURSE there are. is this one of them? doesn't seem like it. does it make it any less horrible? NO. NO IT DOES NOT. but that I'm seeing "oh, of course he is a white christian" smacks a bit of a witchhunt.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty odd when people state things that are just blatantly untrue as though they are speaking a fact.

A serial killer kills to kill. A terrorist kills for a political reason.

While serial killers may have a demographic of some type, you are clearly making it about something it most definitely is not.

A terrorist can use religion as a motivation... but it isn't the exclusive definition of what it is. Like do you think there was no terrorists before bin ladin?
    Was there no religions before Bin Ladin? How many terrorist attacks aren't based on religion? I answer a question with a question.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Neither of descriptions are correct.

A serial (or even a spree) killer will kill to fulfill a particular need for them. That could be a particular demographic or it could be much narrower than that.

A terrorist kills to perpetuate their ideology. It could be against or because of a nation, race, society or religion.

Dylan Root was a spree killer who was also a terrorist. He killed a large number of people in a short period for racial reasons.

Mark Conditt might be a serial killer. His motivations are not well known but his earliest targets were against minorities who were politically active.
    Some killings are motivated by the thrill of the kill, and some are motivated for hatred of a few select people. But a terrorist kills based on religious reasons. You can say for political reasons, but it's really religion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess that makes him the austin suicide bomber.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    How did this go from from reality to fantasy? Do you have real world examples (like the kid the shot up the school) instead of two made-up supernatural characters. Either way this nut job and that kid should be labeled and tried as terrorists.
    The moment people started the blur the line between a serial killer and a terrorist. Feel free to give some real examples. I'm just using the absurd to show the absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    The moment people started the blur the line between a serial killer and a terrorist. Feel free to give some real examples. I'm just using the absurd to show the absurd.
    The lines are blurred because they are one in the same. A serial bomber IS a terrorist, whether you choose to see it that way or not.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    I mean, he's obviously right, so why bother - right? Obviously we shouldn't do anything of course! Same thing with Rapists... why bother with those rape laws when people are going to rape anyways, right?

/s

- - - Updated - - -

Wow... how typically condescendingly pretentious of you. :P I think i'm going to bookmark and repost this gem of insipid cowardice everytime you respond to somebody else's post asking a question.

EDIT: By the way, in my book - that's an admission of Trolling. He just posted once with an edgy debatable remark designed to piss people off, then said he deliberately didn't want to engage or discuss that remark. Report him and move on
    It's not really that interesting to discuss the topics of the day, with someone who just spews insults and accusations. There are interesting things being said on this topic, that I would rather discuss than getting in a back and forth with an person who would much rather argue to begin with.

Also, no clarification was being asked for. I was just being asked to restate my point. There was no counter point or specifics asked.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    im not gonna say whether it is or isn't. He could just be an Anti Austin wacko. Just saying...
    I mean, some people consider Austin the liberal stronghold of Texas. In an otherwise heavily conservative state, Austin is a very diverse city. Prime target for racist assholes, if I am being honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    Kind of funny how that guy was a conservative that was anti gay marriage, anti abortion, and pro sex offender but it's not terrorism / racially motivated.

But if it was a Muslim....

Just saying!
    When a white male conservative does it as many times as Muslims have in the last 40 years, then we can call it terrorism.

Just saying!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Pretty funny that a serial BOMBER still managed to do less damage than one teenager with a gun at a school.

Sure you guys are fine with bombs being illegal though.
    You could kill 17 people with a car, any time. Drive through a concert in the park, a street fair, etc. Want cars to be illegal too?

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Glad this POS is dead, still super curious why he did it.
    White man targeting black and hispanic people with violence

hmm......

:thinking:

Also, no clarification was being asked for. I was just being asked to restate my point. There was no counter point or specifics asked.
    "What the fuck are you talking about" is a request for clarification. But, much like your signature (lol), you are obsessed with being wrong about just about everything you say on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    When a white male conservative does it as many times as Muslims have in the last 40 years, then we can call it terrorism.

Just saying!
    Are we talking in the world or in America.