Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Seems this was a crack down on bump stock and DIY videos. Nothing really to see here, it's approximately the same as youtube cracking down on instructional videos on how to make fertilizer bombs. Sure, some guy COULD want to see an explosion in his back yard, but it's also just as likely to be used for illegal activity.

Then again, they could leave the videos up, and put all people who watch a lot of them on their FBI watch list.
    Na. They are still there. And why would they want to watch people using legal stuff? There are over 1 million bumpstocks out in the public. I do not have any and think they should be banned. But that does not change the fact most States still consider them legal to own.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Would you prefer action against violent video games? Because that's a legit possibility.
    Does it really have to be one or the other?
    But anyway, maybe this is a transient measure and they might get a little lenient after some time has passed. Because, well, yes, I just looked up a couple of dubious videos about how to equip your easily available rifle for a combat situation. But I worry that if the viewer community gives much of a hand for youtube to twist, we might soon find ourselves very limited on allowed content.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    There is still lots of videos on there about bumpstocks. Which have not been declared illegal by the ATF.
    They ought to be, the same goes for any full auto mod. There is no functional difference between a mechanical full auto and one that "simulates" it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I watched a video of some gun enthusiast making a video on bump stocks a while back. He concluded they should be illegal on the basis that the mechanism may be different but the end result is the same = auto fire. That was very informative and I don't think a channel like that deserves a ban.
    They were investigated by the ATF while back and declared not to be illegal.

- - - Updated - - -

They ought to be, the same goes for any full auto mod. There is no functional difference between a mechanical full auto and one that "simulates" it.
    Oh I agree. But there is some difference. The rate of fire the bumpstock mimics full auto, is not as high as a true automatic machine gun.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

They were investigated by the ATF while back and declared not to be illegal.
    They were using outdated parameters/law to conduct the tests.
    Oh I agree. But there is some difference. The rate of fire the bumpstock mimics full auto, is not as high as a true automatic machine gun
    Why are you trying to muddy the waters using that term? An automatic rifle is not a machine gun, yet it is still automatic is it not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    Does it really have to be one or the other?
    Well, in any other administration, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...pting-backlash

Subject line pretty much says it all.
    I really wonder when CURSE is going to follow suit.
    • Medical threads are banned because, liability
    • Weed threads are banned since its still a controlled substance in some areas

Gun brag threads, or "help me pick a gun" threads are totally allowed. Since there's no liability or gun ownership isnt controlled in some areas?

Someone has to explain the logic too me.

10+ Year Old Account

Why are you trying to muddy the waters using that term? An automatic rifle is not a machine gun, yet it is still automatic is it not?
    Could be. I only know they tested them and saw no law being broken. Not my decision. :P

I am not muddying the waters. They do mimic automatic fire well enough and thus, as I expressed already, should be banned. But they are not equal in all aspects to a true fully designed for, machine gun. For one thing, extended auto fire on them using bumpstocks can put undue stress on the parts and the barrel from over heating. Which explains why the Vegas shooter had several AR-15's with bumpstocks, so he could switch them out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a great time to launch GunTube.com!
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

This is what they have the power to do about the problem at large and it is what everyone should do within their spheres of influence.

Wonder if that's the end of CrazyRussianHacker?

Maybe our local pro-Trump squad can yell across the hallway and find out how he's doing?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    The sit down with Casey Neistat did with one of the mucky mucks at YouTube seems , a rather big load of lies now.
    They love "free speech" the Youtube dude repeats over and over, yet....this kinda says otherwise.
    Ah well, their platform, they get to do what they want with it , even IF they said something counter to their actions less than a month ago.
    Bless hypocrisy.
    They love Free Speech in a technical sense, they merely define speech in such a way and define free speech in such a way that it consequentially changes nothing about how they plan to act. It is a hollow and empty statement by them when they say it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I can still find tons of gun self defense shootings and all kinds of pro gun stuff on YouTube. Not noticed any reduction. I think it was one of the news networks that did manage to get Hickock45 shut down for a short while. He was very popular. Which they hated that. But he is back on now.
    I was actually going to come in here and ask what counts as a "demo". Hickock45 is the first Youtuber I thought of.

It'd be a shame if he got banned, although I'd be really upset if it was Forgotten Weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I am not muddying the waters. They do mimic automatic fire well enough and thus, as I expressed already, should be banned. But they are not equal in all aspects to a true fully designed for, machine gun.
    You're doing it again. Bump stocks aren't designed to mimic machine guns, but automatic rifles (which they do a pretty good job at).

The Patient Lothar from accounting's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Sounds like a great time to launch GunTube.com!
    https://www.full30.com/
    Someone beat you to it.

Deleted
    Will they also ban trailers of movies that have guns (probably majority of them)?

Not really, the bump stock equipped guns still fire one bullet with each pull of the trigger. For a comparison, there was an earlier product which used a spring to assist the recipricating stock, that was ruled a machinegun since the spring performed the action.

Here's a video from one of the examiners:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kryIJIrD5eQ

There is Semi-automatic, which is 1 bullet with each action of the trigger, and there is Fully Automatic, which is more than one. Legally, anything that is automatic (rather than semi-automatic) is a Machinegun.

An M16 fires at a rate of 800ish rounds per minute, over 10 rounds a second. You hold the trigger and the bullets fly out at that rate.

A bumpstock is slower. You're pulling the gun forward to pull the trigger each time, the limit is your action, not the cycling rate of the action.

By contrast, Miculek is a speed shooter, this is him with a revolver, no semi-auto or anything.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzHG-ibZaKM

6 shots, reload, 6 shots, 3 seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I was actually going to come in here and ask what counts as a "demo". Hickock45 is the first Youtuber I thought of.

It'd be a shame if he got banned, although I'd be really upset if it was Forgotten Weapons.
    hickock45 can talk about the guns, but the new rules won't let you sell guns, so he might not be able to mention Buds anymore. Same with Military Arms Channel, he usually plugs his place, Copper Custom, but they removed active links a while ago.

You can't "sell guns" and you can't show how to builds stuff.

And as I mentioned, almost all gun channels got demonitized some time ago. The one guy, Yankee Marshall I think?, even tried posting a review of chocalate chip cookies with no mention of guns and it was demonitized immediately after upload.

You also have the Southern Poverty Law Center and some others that routinely flag any gun channel as offensive and various organized campaigns to continually report the channels as offensive. It's as wrong as the other side routinely reporting LGBT content, but more prevalent given the tendency of Youtube's examiners to lean.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Removing videos that instruct people how to modify your weapon to do something illegal is fine, but removing videos that just promote or help people learn about guns is too far.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...pting-backlash

Subject line pretty much says it all.
    At least they are being upfront about it, unlike their recent theft of revenue from demonetization schemes.