Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I honestly don't know of ANY disability that would cause someone to not be able to use a keyboard
    Then you obviously don't know many disabled people

I'm sorry but disabled or not, if you can't heal without addons then you shouldn't be alpha or beta testing and are probably a bad healer. I've been playing since vanilla & my priest's offspec has always been healing. I have tried healing addons like clique and healbot but they are too cumbersome and unneeded. Then you factor in addons break with patch releases quite often (up until recently they broke EVERY patch and would be out for at least a couple days to a week before their authors would fix them). When patches are released, you're still expected to do your job (in this case healing) so if you can't do it without addons then you shouldn't be doing it at all. I honestly don't know of ANY disability that would cause someone to not be able to use a keyboard and mouse normally to play a video game that is made easier by an addon for the game that also requires you to use a keyboard and mouse. Hell simply clicking on your targets and then clicking buttons on your toolbars would accomplish enough to get through alpha/beta testing to give them feedback.
    And of course you being a vanilla healer makes you far superior over others right? ....
    Look, i am not trying to defend the use of addons for disabled people that is not what this thread is about. I was not even going to mention it. The left click, right click on raid frames is the only addon feature i struggle without. If blizzard impliment a way of me being able to cast spells this way with macros like you can in games such as rift then I could happily live without addons.
    Last edited by MarkTheMadMad; 2018-03-22 at 09:13 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    ok so if you want totally disregard the disability argument, how difficult is it to open up the standard Blizzard UI to show raid frames, click on someone's name on the left hand side of your screen, and then take your mouse and click on a healing spell on your toolbars? Literally 1 hand 1 finger to do all of the above. Again, if you can't play the game without addons, you shouldn't be alpha or beta testing. To be honest, Blizzard should find a way to disable all addons until the release patch of a PTR or alpha/beta testing because they won't know if that error you're getting & reporting on the forums is caused by the actual game or the addon/addons you are running.

ok so if you want totally disregard the disability argument, how difficult is it to open up the standard Blizzard UI to show raid frames, click on someone's name on the left hand side of your screen, and then take your mouse and click on a healing spell on your toolbars? Literally 1 hand 1 finger to do all of the above. Again, if you can't play the game without addons, you shouldn't be alpha or beta testing. To be honest, Blizzard should find a way to disable all addons until the release patch of a PTR or alpha/beta testing because they won't know if that error you're getting & reporting on the forums is caused by the actual game or the addon/addons you are running.
    Because it is the way ive learned to play since i started healing in 2011? Its like you being forced to heal using my method and disregarding all method you have learned since vanilla. A person in the UK who has learned to drive on the left side of the road cant suddenly go to America and become an expert on driving on the right side..and those people who are saying addon users are bad at healing really have no idea what they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Scroolooseuk View Post
    Why do some people find it difficult to understand that some players need addons? I have a disability IRL and I use one particular addon to help me play. is there any need to take such a pathetic attitude toward addon users?
    Your thread is not really useful since understanding the purpose of beta would give you the answer.

I participated in every single F&F alpha since vanilla. The purpose of the beta/alpha is primarily to test the game / quests / zones / bosses etc in a controlled environment. The need is therefore to find as many bugs as possible and removing any false positives that addon can lead to. As is, addons cannot be allowed in beta because:
    1 as is the environement ca be very unstable.
    2 addons can crash the servers
    3 the servers are being changed constantly and API can change because a dev is testing something.

I understand perfectly that playing without addons can be hard for many, myself included, but at the end of the day, this is all about preparing the game for release. If like me you find it obnoxious, wait until the end of beta when addons will be allowed or wait for the expansion to launch on live servers.

Quote Originally Posted by SerialPandaSnuggler View Post
    Maybe this is a good opportunity to lessen your dependency on addons.
    Or maybe it's an opportunity to learn not to be an ***. I can understand the TE, WoW is one of few games that is playable for people with disabilities because of

And sorry, the blizzard-ui got better, but is still crappy compared to custom ui. And no, just because you are being inefficient and don't use addons, you are not someone superior, you are probably just lazy to install and configure them. Addons are a blessing for healers, and heal without them is simply painful.

Still: i can understand that they disabled addons: on the alpha, false positives are a big issue, and they have already enough problems to fix their own UI-Problems.

Also some people here are also telling the truth with something: you need to communicate in the official forums about this. If your disability prevents you to do something ingame, blizzard should install it baseline. Addons can make this then easier or helps you more, but in the end: this should be part of the base-game too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Addons are a blessing for healers, and heal without them is simply painful.
    Addons are a crutch to gameplay. They make bad players turn into mediocre players who don't understand most aspects of the game. They force players to change the way the game plays. And in most cases, they virtually automate gameplay so you don't have to really do anything besides mouse over someone or something.

Code:
    ~q::
    loop
    {
      		GetKeyState, ScrollLockState, ScrollLock, T
    			if (ScrollLockState = "U") 
    	{
        		break
      	} 	
    		else 
    			{
        				Send q
        				Sleep, 20
        				GetKeyState, state, q, P
        				if state = U
          			break
      			}
    }
    return
    Here's your cheat from world rank #1's out there(me included) to enchance your play to the next level.

EDIT: Doesn't work on Linux distros(And MAC) due to them not having a scroll lock key.
    Last edited by Nussa; 2018-03-22 at 10:05 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    they probably have them banned as they arent compatible with 8.0 and may cause crashes or other stability issues, and yea what kind of addons are you using that you cant heal without, whenever i played healer i didnt use any healing addons, mouseover macros were more than enough for my monk in Heroic (mythic) SoO, the only addons i used were elvui and dbm
    Yes, back in MoP I also had a healer toon, just for fun, a disc priest, and I could heal with it exactly the same way as you say. Also the addons were the same, Elvui and a bossmod (bigwigs).

I just put the party/raidframes on midlle-bottom part of my screen and using keybinds(evident)+mouse over macros were perfect.

If you can't play a certain style of gameplay without addons, then you just can't play that on the alpha/beta while addons are disabled. Simple as that. You're not obligated to test the game but you're also not entitled to just play the game early. You could use this experience to give feedback how the UI could be improved so you don't need addons anymore.

But what's up with the riduculous gatekeeping in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    my opinion: If you cant play the game without addons you are bad.

- - - Updated - - -

please explain why you can mouseover/click as a dps but not as a heal?
    Because you don't need to mouseover anything as a DPS? You take a target and then you do damage (and move when necessary, preferably). There is occasionaly retargeting, but that's not comparable to what you do as a healer in regards to "UI mobility".
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scroolooseuk View Post
    For over 8 years I have been using addons to allow me to:
    Left click on a raid frame - cast regrowth
    Middle click on a raid frame - cast Rejuv
    Right click on a raid frame - Cast healing touch
    thanks for admiting at least that you ARE a BAD healer

- - - Updated - - -

Addons are a crutch to gameplay. They make bad players turn into mediocre players who don't understand most aspects of the game. They force players to change the way the game plays. And in most cases, they virtually automate gameplay so you don't have to really do anything besides mouse over someone or something.
    Amen to that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nussa View Post
    some code
    what does that do? and why does it end on capslock being turned on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Add ons hinder feedback and could be the cause of potential bugs and incompatibilities.

So obviously you can’t use them.

AHK script for doing some keyboard grunt work without actually doing it. Code is set to a 20ms delay between virtual keystrokes.
    Scroll Lock is the toggle. And the key in question on the code is the letter "q" on the keyboard.

Why does it end in capslock being turned on? I don't know, depends on what you did with the code and where you put it for compiling.

Sorry, but that's bull****. What Addon does is not different than what you can do with gaming mouses and tastatures and makros; only that you don't need the hardware for it.

Like said before: just because you don't use addons does not make you a superior player. So please refrain your comments that it makes bad players into mediocre ones. You can simply smooth out the annoyances that would not be necessary if blizzard had an usable user interface. If you think that dealing with annoying things is an aspect of the gameplay, then you are free to deal with them personally, but don't force other people to do the same.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for admiting at least that you ARE a BAD healer

- - - Updated - - -

Amen to that.
    Yeah, another one who feel that he is superior not using addons. In the end: if you manage to heal your group through the raid, no matter what you use you are a good healer. Risking to wipe the raid just because of your aversion of addons or the feeling of superiority to others who does them makes you maybe not a bad healer, but says something about your personality.

It's like the stupid purist players who want vanilla without colorblind mode just because it wasn't in vanilla.

15+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't participate properly in the Wrath of the Lich King beta because they were testing the streaming client tech by constantly re-downloading the game client on beta.

This fucked with the data cap I had back then, that was too bad for me as I couldn't participate in the beta.

This stage of alpha is clearly not geared for you, that's too bad but come back when they re-enable addons.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Yeah, another one who feel that he is superior not using addons. In the end: if you manage to heal your group through the raid, no matter what you use you are a good healer. Risking to wipe the raid just because of your aversion of addons or the feeling of superiority to others who does them makes you maybe not a bad healer, but says something about your personality.
    Oh silly stop putting words where there where none. I never said I dont use any addons. I just said: "a person who cant play the game without them is a bad player"
    If that hurts your feeling you should see someone for that

Deleted
    You should have taken your alpha inv and given to someone else, you dont deserve it what so ever.

Oh silly stop putting words where there where none. I never said I dont use any addons. I just said: "a person who cant play the game without them is a bad player"
    Obviously, your superiority complex is more acceptable because you still use addons.

Honestly the whole premise is silly, what if OP is a bad healer (assuming that were actually something you could judge by addon dependence)? That doesn't invalidate anything, it's completely irrelevant ot the topic outside of making you feel superior. Maybe you shouldn't vent your bitterness about not having alpha access on other people.

And just in case:

If that hurts your feeling you should see someone for that
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

make addons great again in bfa!!! ......... just joking

Quote Originally Posted by Maerad View Post
    You should try WoW blank with every xpac at first. I heal without addon support since cataclysm I guess. If I'm not mistaken and they added the new raid frames there. You really should give it a try - it works flawless. My settings for the raidframes are with power bar (mana etc.), class colors, health lost, they show out of range etc. - you can really nice fine tune it.

I try to minimize my addon usage. I only have a handfull addons like icehud, skada, bossmod and auction house. They really improved the UI, but most good settings you need to set for yourself in the options before. You might be surprised how much they already added
    Yeah, but... why?

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    You should use your tears too. All that salt will provide some nice grit to scrub with.
    Pointing out the sub-standard interface must really trigger some people here. I could have run over a kid and wouldn't have gotten so much attention. The local trolls should take note of that, I think I found a new vector for their shenanigans.