Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Battle for Azeroth - Boralus Updates, BfA Profession Leveling, Blue Posts, BfA Hunter

Dean Ayala: No More Even & Odd Cards for Witchwood

Battle for Azeroth - Boralus Updates
    In the latest build of the Battle for Azeroth Alpha, the Boralus hub had some minor updates with some additional NPCs and furniture. You can see additional screenshots here.

Profession Leveling in Battle for Azeroth
    In Battle for Azeroth, some major changes are coming to the way we level professions.

• Each profession will now be separated into expansions and leveled separately from one another.
    • Each expansion will have it's own leveling path for items from that expansion, similar to the Mists of Pandaria cooking ways.
    • You can choose to go back and level older expansion crafting, or you can simply level the current expansion.
    • This allows you to craft items with current expansion materials without needing older expansion materials to level
    • You can still go back and level older expansion crafting skills as well.
    • To clarify further, an example of this means that you can level your "Cataclysm Tailoring" by crafting Cataclysm patterns, but this doesn't stop you from progressing your "Kul Tiran / Zandalari Tailoring" from with the new expansion's patterns.
    • First Aid is going away and its patterns are being redistributed into Tailoring and Alchemy. Your First Aid crafts will have to be relearned in their respective new profession.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    In BfA will we have to relearn crafts from previous expansions?
    In Battle for Azeroth, any crafts you’ve learned in the past will still be there and not need to be re-learned, with the exception of First Aid. Tailoring and Alchemy crafts, bandages, and anti-venoms that used to be in First Aid will have to be re-learned.(WarcraftDevs)

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Season 6 Elite Ensembles
    I even dare assume a lot of people from this thread would be pretty pissed if they don't release it by next week or so

I have faith that since they promised it will get it done either this week or next week but we will see.

This is kinda why we don't like to promise or say when to expect something like this. :/ Its easy to assume that, but this would be most likely be separate from the usual end of season rewards. Just to set the proper expectation I wouldn't expect this in the next week or two.

If something does change though I will update you guys (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

FinalBossTV 1st Impressions of Hunters in Battle for Azeroth
    FinalBossTV made a few videos recently on his first impressions for Hunters in Battle for Azeroth!

Last edited by chaud; 2018-03-26 at 07:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually feel like making those rope shelves for my house.

i hope that the bfa sv hunter would fail..

nobody wanted a melee hunter, nobody asked for them..

in bfa the sv hunter is 60% melee and 40% quasi range..

im hoping fo the xpac after bfa for the returning of old sv..

the first look at the bfa mm is horrible..

no flavor, no magic, no innovation, just boring..

pls blizzard hired ppl like adreaver for the next xpac for the hunter class design..

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post

pls blizzard hired ppl like adreaver for the next xpac for the hunter class design..
    Have you actually played the alpha? Because BfA Survival isn't 60% melee. It's about 10%. Baseline, the only spell that requires melee is raptor strike, and the only extra button that requires melee is a crap talent.

If you didnt run a bloodlust pet on live why would you run it in bfa? Not like anyone expected MM to do bloodlust

Deleted
    Awesome, I like the profession changes. Finally something more structured and consistent.

Deleted
    Fat women? Well I suppose some guys like that thicc stuff.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    Have you actually played the alpha? Because BfA Survival isn't 60% melee. It's about 10%. Baseline, the only spell that requires melee is raptor strike, and the only extra button that requires melee is a crap talent.
    So the only ability which requires melee is your main damage-dealing resource spender, and then, of course, there's auto-attack. Any time spent outside of melee as a BfA SV hunter is a dps loss, and Aspect of the Eagle is only there to mitigate, not eliminate, this drop-off.

lol at the human female with the broom and all the seagulls, if only that worked in real life.

New furniture in Boralus ? wow !
    #threadmaterial

Quote Originally Posted by Nixius View Post
    Fat women? Well I suppose some guys like that thicc stuff.
    You're about 23262 posts late to the party. Just stroll over to the BfA forum to find everyone else that can't handle the idea of different body types in the game.

I like changes to profession leveling. They should have thought of this long ago IMO.

Deleted
    Smoking Pile of Shit

Sure man, sure.

- - - Updated - - -

MM hunter that are at least 9/11 Myth would be glad to rid of Patient Sniper.

The rest are LFR heroes.

Speak for yourself, I've always wanted a melee spec hunter like Rexxar.

Deleted
    Survival hunter being melee is not a problem, it's a plus actually. The execution of the idea is awful (the lack of balance on the skills, at least during early Legion, didn't help either)

I love Legion Survival. Find it more fun than the other two specs. I'm actually worried that Blizz is gonna make it ranged again.

Why the hell does the class need to have 3 different ranged specs? A lot of the stuff that old ranged Survival had is in MM right now anyway.

Let people who enjoy melee play Survival, you're still gonna have two flavors of ranged to choose from.

Deleted
    True that! Who have already made hunter before "the new SV" they didn't want to make a melee character. Duhhh.
    Survival hunter is the most complicated spec in the game right now I mean to do top damage by the logs it is insane how hard.
    And if you have a bad tank... ohhh boy! This spec is basically based on your tank who he moves the adds, boss. In M+ you need to consant talking to each other.

And this new BfA SV hunter is just a joke every raid mechanic is based on ranged, melee, tank, healer. There are no hybrid specs. So SV will be the last dps anyway becuase you will get both scripts from the bosses and you can even fuck up others by moving in or out from melee.

Just no!

And those who say there are lots of people who enjoy this class: Just STFU! This shit says all. There is no place for SV hunter in this game.

Last edited by mmocfd328e0b6e; 2018-03-22 at 03:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlust View Post
    I love Legion Survival. Find it more fun than the other two specs. I'm actually worried that Blizz is gonna make it ranged again.

Why the hell does the class need to have 3 different ranged specs? A lot of the stuff that old ranged Survival had is in MM right now anyway.

Let people who enjoy melee play Survival, you're still gonna have two flavors of ranged to choose from.
    Couldn't agree more. Ion said in his q&a he wished people would stop trying to talk for everyone else. Too many people in this thread have said "no one wanted survival, no one likes survival" which is so not true.

I like survival, I want a melee hunter. I like the class fantasy of a survivalist who uses any of his tools to track and defeat his prey be it a crossbow or a spear.

I like and play legion survival its just really clunky and too many spells to manage which have no real link to each other.

BFA survival looks fantastic. I wish Survival Instincs was still in there are the idea of disengaging and then harpooning back in sounded really fun and cool; eagerly looming forward to what talents fills that spot instead though.

I am definitely going to main a BFA survival hunter though so I want it and cant wait.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    can't wait to see katherine proudmoore's keep.

So... will people that are currently maxed for professions have to relevel it for each expansion?

Hope this change doesn't screw up for collectors.