Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    World of Casualcraft
    As it will always be.

26 buttons actively used on a Warlock. Barely enough to fit 2 full action bars. This is on a Warlock, a pet class that has the most buttons to press out of all the classes I believe. There's really nothing to argue here. The prune is real and it has made classes dull and shallow. Anyone who's a veteran and actual good player can see that.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    where did this 37 come from, and where did this 21 come from?
    can you explain this 21, and this 37?
    again you are pulling random bullshit numbers out of no where
    31 and 34
    then 24 and 34
    then 21 and 37?
    where are you getting these numbers, if you want to make up number, prove them.

and again 31 for current affliction, i have shown you factual evidence, this is on the level of flat earth fact bending.

dude so i need to count all the abilities for you?

okay i'll go for it ffs

Legion affliction abilities(USEFUL ONES):

1) agony
    2) banish
    3) command demon
    4) whatever the 2nd demon ability is
    5) corruption
    6) drain soul
    7) healthstone
    8) fear
    9) health funnel
    10) life tap
    11) one out of coil, howl, port
    12) phantom singularity
    13) reap souls
    14) siphon life
    15) summon demon
    16) unending resolve
    17) unstable affliction
    18) enslave demon
    19) a curse
    20) seed of corruption
    21) was demonic gateway, but lets say it stays as an ability

cata affliction had:

1)shadow bolt
    2)haunt
    3)armors
    4-7)4 curses
    8-9)two demon abilities
    10)corruption
    11)UA
    12)drain life
    13)drain mana
    14)healthstone
    15)drain soul
    16)soulburn
    17)soul swap
    18)health funnel
    19)agony(not even gonna add doom)
    20)fear
    21)port
    22)howl
    23)coil
    24)searing pain
    25)rain of fire
    26)hellfire
    27)enslave demon
    28)banish
    29)shadow ward
    30)shadowflame
    31)fel flame
    32)dark intent
    33)demon soul
    34)seed
    35)soul harwest
    36)life tap

decided this time to not not even count doom

we can remove enslave demon really so its what 20 to 35?
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2018-03-22 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    People seems to have problem understanding that

# of Button =\= Quality of the Game.
    People seem to have problem understanding that "number of buttons" is not equal to "number of buttons in rotation". First makes game deeper, second doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

As a casual HC/Mythic raider, I believe the way my class plays determines depth and fun, not having X amount of buttons that I press in combat... that number has actually not shifted all that much.

Would be interesting to see what the most vocal complainers amount to in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde View Post
    There's really nothing to argue here. The prune is real and it has made classes dull and shallow. Anyone who's a veteran and actual good player can see that.
    Way to shut it down with a logical fallacy though.

Newsflash, but veteran players and actual good players, might not be the same nor are they a hive mind. Hell, many veteran players still to this day maintain that classes were never more complex and fun to play, than during Classic...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-03-22 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    People seem to have problem understanding that "number of buttons" is not equal to "number of buttons in rotation". First makes game deeper, second doesn't.
    There's a lot more to a class than simply their rotation though. Defensive abilities, offensive cooldowns, utility spells, mobility, the nature of each of these aspects and how well classes can synergize with others determines how deep a class is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Hell, many veteran players still to this day maintain that classes were never more complex and fun to play, than during Classic...
    Care to provide some proof on that claim? This statement seems highly dubious. Actually, it makes no sense whatsoever as most veteran players understand that BC and Wrath made the game much deeper than it was in Classic.

There's a lot more to a class than simply their rotation though. Defensive abilities, offensive cooldowns, utility spells, mobility, the nature of each of these aspects and how well classes can synergize with others determines how deep a class is.
    Yes, that's another way to say what I said.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

7+ Year Old Account
    26 buttons actively used on a Warlock. Barely enough to fit 2 full action bars. This is on a Warlock, a pet class that has the most buttons to press out of all the classes I believe. There's really nothing to argue here. The prune is real and it has made classes dull and shallow. Anyone who's a veteran and actual good player can see that.

also remember that i have not selected every active talent, i have actually chosen very few, so please use this instead.

where i photoshopped myself to have every active spell, i also set it up to have multiples as well thats what these "arena masters have" but here
    i went through and counted

(31 as i counted 25 twice)
    i would mess with my bars to make it so i have all the abilities on them but i rather not... cause then i have to go through them all again, and also i rather not go into mspaint again, but good job on the work.
    but yeah my bars are not aas full as they could be if i put all actives, and also put like health funnel on my bar.

also 25 of those activly used as you dont really use summoning portal, just giving you that.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-03-22 at 05:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Care to provide some proof on that claim? This statement seems highly dubious. Actually, it makes no sense whatsoever as most veteran players understand that BC and Wrath made the game much deeper than it was in Classic.
    You're really fond of logical fallacies I see.

No_true_Scotsman

Ain't nothing "dubious" about it, go sift through any toxic wastepool that is a Classic thread and you'll see your fair share of players hailing Classic as the pinnacle in class design. Like I said, "veteran" players are not some hive mind that responds to how you believe they function.

Ain't nothing "dubious" about it, go sift through any toxic wastepool that is a Classic thread and you'll see your fair share of players hailing Classic as the pinnacle in class design. Like I said, "veteran" players are not some hive mind that responds to how you believe they function.
    no one said a word about classic class design rofl

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    no one said a word about classic class design rofl
    ... I did, and he responded to it, and I responded back.

If your mind can't keep up, then don't chime in?

... I did, and he responded to it, and I responded back.

If your mind can't keep up, then don't chime in?

so you mentioned classic for no reason? rofl nice

and he answered that no one thinks that classic was a pinnacle of class design

so you mentioned classic for no reason? rofl nice

and he answered that no one thinks that classic was a pinnacle of class design
    I mentioned it in regards to the term "veteran players", which you would've seen if you were capable of keeping up.

Typical deflection from someone completely unable to back up their outlandish claim. If you're going to make absolutely idiotic statements like "many veteran players still to this day maintain that classes were never more complex and fun to play, than during Classic..." then you might want to provide an inkling of proof aside from simply telling me to do your research for you.

A thread or two including some players making dumb statements does not back up your claim whatsoever. You seem fond of attempting to point out logical fallacies, but maybe cool it on the hyperbole?

I mentioned it in regards to the term "veteran players", which you would've seen if you were capable of keeping up.
    and he said that VETERAN players dont think that vanilla was the pinnacle of class design.. there are other reasons why people like vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    so if a class has a number of spell like "debuff the X type mob" for each X type in the game and then the number of types is arbitrarily high, then the game is arbitrarily deep?

Typical deflection from someone completely unable to back up their outlandish claim. If you're going to make absolutely idiotic statements like "many veteran players still to this day maintain that classes were never more complex and fun to play, than during Classic..." then you might want to provide an inkling of proof aside from simply telling me to do your research for you.

A thread or two including some players making dumb statements does not back up your claim whatsoever. You seem fond of attempting to found out logical fallacies, but maybe cool it on the hyperbole?
    I find it highly ironic that someone adhering to the reasoning that you do, is concerned with providing "proof".

A "thread or two"? Try hundreds of them. Guess that's not as awesome as the proof you have to back up your statements on how "veteran players" function?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    so if a class has a number of spell like "debuff the X type mob" for each X type in the game and then the number of types is arbitrarily high, then the game is arbitrarily deep?
    To simple minds, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

and he said that VETERAN players dont think that vanilla was the pinnacle of class design.. there are other reasons why people like vanilla
    But plenty of veteran players, believe just that.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-03-22 at 05:48 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    dude so i need to count all the abilities for you?

okay i'll go for it ffs

Legion affliction abilities(USEFUL ONES):

1) agony
    2) banish
    3) command demon
    5) corruption
    6) drain soul
    7) healthstone
    8) fear
    9) health funnel
    10) life tap
    12) phantom singularity
    13) reap souls
    14) siphon life
    15) summon demon
    16) unending resolve
    17) unstable affliction
    18) enslave demon
    19) a curse
    20) seed of corruption

cata affliction had:

1)shadow bolt
    2)haunt
    3)armors
    4-7)4 curses
    8-9)two demon abilities
    10)corruption
    11)UA
    12)drain life
    13)drain mana
    14)healthstone
    15)drain soul
    16)soulburn
    17)soul swap
    18)health funnel
    20)fear
    21)port
    22)howl
    23)coil
    24)searing pain
    25)rain of fire
    26)hellfire
    27)enslave demon
    28)banish
    29)shadow ward
    30)shadowflame
    31)fel flame
    32)dark intent
    33)demon soul
    34)seed
    35)soul harwest
    36)life tap

decided this time to not not even count doom

we can remove enslave demon really so its what 20 to 35?
    1. you forget use healthstone, enslave demon is STILL AN ABILITY, again you can use doomguard and infernal idk what your fucking talking about...
    again you refuse to count haunt, burning rush or dark pact, you refuse to count the trinket row, also casting circle or nether ward, also soul shatter, and also curse of shadow.
    so no again 31 (30 cause soulstone cant be used)
    also i dont think cata had 2 demon abilities per pet...
    so no its 30-35
    stop removing all these abilities just because you want to
    21-35
    22- haunt
    23- burning rush
    24-glad med
    25- casting/nether
    26- soulshatyter
    27-curse of shadow
    28- doomguard
    29-infernal
    30- use healthstone, but then so would cata
    so again 30-36

you cant go "oh in pvp" then go "oh yeah but you cant include honor talents"
    and again you completly ignore the 15 row, and the 75 row.
    i am putting you on ignore cause at this point it is childish how much you simply just go "well we dont count this because i dont want to and now look im factually right cause i cherrypicked my evidance"

here is the real thing

1) agony
    2) banish
    3) command demon
    5) corruption
    6) drain soul
    7) healthstone
    8) fear
    9) health funnel
    10) life tap
    12) phantom singularity
    13) reap souls
    14) siphon life
    15) summon demon
    16) unending resolve
    17) unstable affliction
    18) enslave demon
    19) a curse
    20) seed of corruption
    22)haunt
    23) burning rush/dark pact
    24) glad med (It is baseline, not an item so)
    25) casting circle/nether ward
    26) soulshatter
    27) curse of shadows
    28) doomguard
    29) infernal
    30) Use healthstone

1)shadow bolt
    2)haunt
    3)armors
    4-7)4 curses
    8-9)two demon abilities (If they had 2 in cata, dont think they did but i cant remember)
    10)corruption
    11)UA
    12)drain life
    13)drain mana
    14)healthstone
    15)drain soul
    16)soulburn
    17)soul swap
    18)health funnel
    20)fear
    21)port
    22)howl
    23)coil
    24)searing pain
    25)rain of fire
    26)hellfire
    27)enslave demon
    28)banish
    29)shadow ward
    30)shadowflame
    31)fel flame
    32)dark intent
    33)demon soul
    34)seed
    35)soul harwest
    36)life tap
    37) use healthstone
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Honestly you have a lot of useless shit on your bars that's not even needed. How long has it been since you banished a demon? 10 years? lmao
    It might not be a demon, but you have to banish elementals in the current raid soooooooooooooooooooooooooo

A "thread or two"? Try hundreds of them. Guess that's not as awesome as the proof you have to back up statements on how "veteran players" function?
    Hahaha, more deflection with 0 proof. You want to talk about irony, then let's point out the fact that in your opening reply to me where you attempted to make me look stupid, you at the same time posted something so ridiculous that you have no hope of backing it up. At this point, you're just rambling.