Horde My new gaming computer

Hi guys,

I am now close to build a new gaming computer, would appreciate any comment on the build.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HRb3Ft

Thank you

You own the old Samsung SSD already ? If not get a new one 860 EVO or a MX500.
    If you got a very dusty room dont get the 540 Air its a duskmagnet and it just have 1 duskfilter.
    Also you need antivibration case fans for the case, with normal fans the howl case will make sounds.
    Maybe look at the ASRock Taichi when you want to spend 180$ on a mainboard.
    Oh and get your Win 10 at a Keyshop for 20-40$.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey mate. Pretty tight and solid, i must admit. Though, all of those Aorus, and ROGs and blah blah.. try considering AsRock Fatal1ty, check it out. They have a pretty reputation, though the price, is likely the same.. just an alternative to check out?

For beutiful rgb RAM check out Trident Z rgb. Just another alternative.

GPU-wise.. prices are dropping and 800$ is a lot for 1080 in comparison to December , but we are happy to pay even that right now.. .. 1080 is good choice for 2k since it will keep you at good 60-80 fps.

I do support your choice for 60hz monitor.
    144 fps is not as pleasing as a good image. Dell Ultrasharp doing fine, but LG are really the dudes to consider. Check it out.

AND! Perhaps you've already tested your peripherals and you know you'll like them, but i suggest you to go to the store and put your hands on everything yourself and try to feel the things.
    Overall everything is simple, according to template and co-relates just well. Will work fine

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    You own the old Samsung SSD already ? If not get a new one 860 EVO or a MX500.
    If you got a very dusty room dont get the 540 Air its a duskmagnet and it just have 1 duskfilter.
    Also you need antivibration case fans for the case, with normal fans the howl case will make sounds.
    Maybe look at the ASRock Taichi when you want to spend 180$ on a mainboard.
    Oh and get your Win 10 at a Keyshop for 20-40$.
    Hi Miyagie.

Any suggestion on case?
    Why ASRock taichi over Asus rog strix?

TY for your reply

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gweenz View Post
    Hey mate. Pretty tight and solid, i must admit. Though, all of those Aorus, and ROGs and blah blah.. try considering AsRock Fatal1ty, check it out. They have a pretty reputation, though the price, is likely the same.. just an alternative to check out?

For beutiful rgb RAM check out Trident Z rgb. Just another alternative.

GPU-wise.. prices are dropping and 800$ is a lot for 1080 in comparison to December , but we are happy to pay even that right now.. .. 1080 is good choice for 2k since it will keep you at good 60-80 fps.

I do support your choice for 60hz monitor.
    144 fps is not as pleasing as a good image. Dell Ultrasharp doing fine, but LG are really the dudes to consider. Check it out.

AND! Perhaps you've already tested your peripherals and you know you'll like them, but i suggest you to go to the store and put your hands on everything yourself and try to feel the things.
    Overall everything is simple, according to template and co-relates just well. Will work fine

Hi Gweez,

I ll check MB and Ram. For keyboard and mice i ve already got them.

Any suggestion on monitor for LG?

TY!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmage90 View Post
    Hi Miyagie.

Any suggestion on case?
    Why ASRock taichi over Asus rog strix?

TY for your reply
    Taichi just got great reviews and is very good for OC. (AsRock is Asus btw.)
    Pick a good case you like, just checkout Fractal, Phanteks, Corsair or NXZT cases.

Few tweaks, same money with better parts:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor ($332.90 @ OutletPC)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair - H150i PRO 47.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($169.99 @ Corsair)
    Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($179.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($172.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($154.89 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.79 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 HYBRID GAMING Video Card ($1099.89 @ B&H)
    Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($92.98 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Asus - DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($18.49 @ OutletPC)
    Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor ($469.99 @ Best Buy)
    Keyboard: SteelSeries - Merc Stealth Wired Ergonomic Keyboard
    Mouse: SteelSeries - Rival 600 Wired Optical Mouse ($79.99 @ Amazon)
    Headphones: SteelSeries - Arctis 7 Headset ($125.99 @ Amazon)
    Other: noblechairs ICON Series Black/Platinum White ($409.86 @ Amazon)
    Other: VIVO Black Height Adjustable Gas Spring Extended Arm Dual Monitor Wall Mount Full Motion Articulating | fits two 17" to 27" Screens (MOUNT-V002G)
    Other: Phanteks Enthoo Pro TG, Full ATX Chassis, Integrated RGB lighting, Tempered Glass Side Panel - Black ($109.44 @ Newegg)
    Total: $3477.18
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-03-23 05:09 EDT-0400
    You can get windows keys online for 5 bucks, but whatever you do with that budget dont sacrifice the monitor. Gsync and 144hz+ is something you gotta try
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2018-03-23 at 09:09 AM.