Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The vulnerable window makes the spec a little more difficult as it also indirectly reduce the mobility. Some people like the challenge and some people like the easier version of MM with less mobility restriction.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    In BC you just specced BM, nobody played MM in that expansion.
    I did... and I outdamaged every bm hunter I knew. Shit I even respected survival when we got to t6 and still beat them. Bm was and has always been boring and I never liked it's playstyle. Specially in bc where it was a 1 button macro spam...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Survival is fun as hell, not sure why people hate it so much. I am going to main my Nightborne Survival hunter come BfA.
    It's not the spec you call survival that we hate. It's the fact that they deleted old ranged survival and gave us no comparable gameplay to it.
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!

MM doesn't really need a remake if you ask me. I think the vulnerable system needs a few tweaks, but is fine otherwise.

The only thing that truly annoys me when I play MM is the fact you rely on RNG for the vulerability. Granted in a normal encounter this doesn't come in to play often, but when it does it's highly annoying. In an AoE situation (e.g. M+) it can make your damage extremely underwhelming (or overwhelming if you get lucky procs).
    RNG on something like LnL is fun; RNG on a core class mechanic like Vulnerability, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by aikanaro View Post
    I did... and I outdamaged every bm hunter I knew. Shit I even respected survival when we got to t6 and still beat them. Bm was and has always been boring and I never liked it's playstyle. Specially in bc where it was a 1 button macro spam...

- - - Updated - - -

It's not the spec you call survival that we hate. It's the fact that they deleted old ranged survival and gave us no comparable gameplay to it.
    Welcome to every fucking class since Vanilla, every spec has drastically changed at some point. get over it.

Survival is fun as hell, not sure why people hate it so much. I am going to main my Nightborne Survival hunter come BfA.
    I just dont like it. And its not because "hunters are supposed to be ranged" or whatever. I tried it as I was doing a few bosses on LFR and emissaries, invasion points etc on my hunter and I had no fun at all. Even less than I had with BM and that says alot. I know if im gonna like a spec or not within 1-2 hours of playing it.
    Last edited by krille20; 2018-03-22 at 08:54 PM.

Not really great in BfA though. More or less just a melee BM hunter. Not sure what their idea was, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Not really great in BfA though. More or less just a melee BM hunter. Not sure what their idea was, really.
    I have been watching a lot of the videos and it looks pretty great to me.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    People keep saying this but sv really doesn’t look like bm to me. Bm doesn’t have dots like ss or wildfire, it’s obviously has no meele, has no macanics like mongoose bite, nothing like butchery ect. Other the. Kill command how is sv like bm?

I have been watching a lot of the videos and it looks pretty great to me.
    Been playing it quite a bit and I'm not super happy about the design. Each to their own I guess.

Been playing it quite a bit and I'm not super happy about the design. Each to their own I guess.
    I felt the same way with every single mage spec so very true, to each their own.

I felt the same way with every single mage spec so very true, to each their own.
    The mage has not really changed all that much over the years though. For good and bad I guess. The hunter has seen quite a few changes and many times for no real reason, in my opinion. Survival was great in MoP, BM was good in WoD and even MM was ok with the 4 set in HfC.

It seems they just like to mess with the hunter just becuase. Annoying as heck if you ask me.

Hunter as it is now i think is just fine. I know why people may not like it ( even I admit the rng at times can seem like bs) but the vulnerability window for me is fun to play around. That being said the new iteration seems fun too. My only request is don't bring back WOD MM hunter, holy crap. I had to swap from bm to mm in HFC because the mastery trinket having the same cd as rapid fire. Man those 10 months sucked ( Ok, your going to click aim shot when you have focus, and steady when you don't. Once every 30 sec you can click chimera shot, which is essentially aim shot, and a cooldown that changes nothing about your playstyle. yay............)

The mage has not really changed all that much over the years though. For good and bad I guess. The hunter has seen quite a few changes and many times for no real reason, in my opinion. Survival was great in MoP, BM was good in WoD and even MM was ok with the 4 set in HfC.

It seems they just like to mess with the hunter just becuase. Annoying as heck if you ask me.
    If you go back and look at past expansions there are quite a few classes that got total overhauls, sometimes multiple like Paladin, Death Knight's got huge sweeping changes multiple times, Monks had the same thing happen, some of which I hated, but I got over it. It is still Alpha so as they tune it they will improve the rotation and the talents. Classes are malleable, there is no class in the game that has gone untouched by massive changes to its game play.

Quote Originally Posted by aikanaro View Post

- - - Updated - - -
    You knew some truly terrible hunters in BC then

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    People keep saying this but sv really doesn’t look like bm to me. Bm doesn’t have dots like ss or wildfire, it’s obviously has no meele, has no macanics like mongoose bite, nothing like butchery ect. Other the. Kill command how is sv like bm?
    They are kinda similar if you look at the baseline specs. SV and BM both have:

1. press on cd attack - kill command and wildfire bomb
    2. focus regen with cd and rng reset - kc and dire beast
    3. 1 focus dump attack - cobra shot or raptor strike
    4. bestial wrath cd

only real difference is one is melee with an extra dot and one is ranged with a quicker bestial wrath reset. talents will change them a little but they are pretty similar as baseline specs.

If you go back and look at past expansions there are quite a few classes that got total overhauls, sometimes multiple like Paladin, Death Knight's got huge sweeping changes multiple times, Monks had the same thing happen, some of which I hated, but I got over it. It is still Alpha so as they tune it they will improve the rotation and the talents. Classes are malleable, there is no class in the game that has gone untouched by massive changes to its game play.
    I'm not saying they should not change anything although some have been changed less than others.
    I just said that the hunter changes have many times been rather unnecessary.

The survival changes in BfA were necessary though. I just think they could have done a better job.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ptr hunter looks better than the live one, but when the one on live is a steaming pile of poo that's not hard.

I'm not saying they should not change anything although some have been changed less than others.
    I just said that the hunter changes have many times been rather unnecessary.

The survival changes in BfA were necessary though. I just think they could have done a better job.
    Once they send out my invite I will give it a test ride and give some serious well though out feedback, they fixed a bunch of stuff I mentioned in the Legion alpha so hopefully we can do some good.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    They are kinda similar if you look at the baseline specs. SV and BM both have:

1. press on cd attack - kill command and wildfire bomb
    2. focus regen with cd and rng reset - kc and dire beast
    3. 1 focus dump attack - cobra shot or raptor strike
    4. bestial wrath cd

only real difference is one is melee with an extra dot and one is ranged with a quicker bestial wrath reset. talents will change them a little but they are pretty similar as baseline specs.
    Wild fire bomb is fundamentally different in how it works though with it being a connel explsion with a dot that hurts people around the target, it’s resllt not like kill command at all.

Bestial wrath really isn’t like The sv cool down either as it has its own interaction with dire beast to lower its cool down.

Really to look at classes like this you could say a lot of the classes are the same with a builder and a spender.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Wild fire bomb is fundamentally different in how it works though with it being a connel explsion with a dot that hurts people around the target, it’s resllt not like kill command at all.

Bestial wrath really isn’t like The sv cool down either as it has its own interaction with dire beast to lower its cool down.

Really to look at classes like this you could say a lot of the classes are the same with a builder and a spender.
    obv they are different but at the end of the day you will just be pressing wildfire on cd same as kill command.