Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Does this include Trumps own products produced in China?
    To quote a wise philosopher: "That's just funny, right there. I don't care who you are." - Larry the Cable Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I support punching someone in the face, when they punch your face. If they want to stop punching, I support us doing the same. To use your same logic, if you are against war, you should not fight back when war is brought against you. What a failure of logic...
    So, we're at war with China and the EU?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    SO, it's still going against free trade then, right?

I never said China supported free trade, did I? I said this administration and the OP don't support free trade. Mario and TJ sure do love to try and argue against things I'm not actually saying.
    No, you are being coy and making a silly argument that no serious person would agree with.

So, we're at war with China and the EU?
    China and EU pray to their Gods every night that they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I don't think you understand what free trade is.
    I understand exactly what it is, it's getting the government out of international trade:

"international trade left to its natural course without tariffs, quotas, or other restrictions"

It would appear that I was proven correct, once again.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you are being coy and making a silly argument that no serious person would agree with.
    Are you disagreeing with the definition of a word?

"international trade left to its natural course without tariffs, quotas, or other restrictions"

": trade based on the unrestricted international exchange of goods with tariffs used only as a source of revenue"

"the buying and selling of goods, without limits on the amount of goods that one country can sell to another, and without special taxes on the goods bought from a foreign country:"

Once again, the administration is going directly against free trade, are they not?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    That sounds like someone is about to support a violent overthrow of some foreign governments.

Wow, this is awkward. He is speaking about the steel tariffs in what you quoted, not these new tariffs. So you are literally guilty of the snarky thing you are accusing me of.
    Nope the point just went over your head democrats are not against tariffs they are different in how they want them applied. Obama imposed tariffs as well they need to be applied surgically as to stay within WTO rules and keeping any excuse against retaliation. Trump just announces tariffs then has to backpedal after people smarter than him tell him how much his ideas suck.

The republican party is supposed to be against tariffs free market and all that but let's not get into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Nope the point just went over your head democrats are not against tariffs they are different in how they want them applied. Obama imposed tariffs as well they need to be applied surgically as to stay within WTO rules and keeping any excuse against retaliation. Trump just announces tariffs then has to backpedal after people smarter than him tell him how much his ideas suck.

The republican party is supposed to be against tariffs free market and all that but let's not get into that.
    Here's a hint, most Republicans are lying hypocrites. They are also the same people who claim to support limited government, individual liberty, and fiscal responsibility.

Anyone with any bit of sense would pray to their gods for no war but sense is in short supply on the right.

Anyone with any bit of sense would pray to their gods for no war but sense is in short supply on the right.
    ??? I don't want a war. Just saying no one wants a war with the US.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a hint, most Republicans are lying hypocrites. They are also the same people who claim to support limited government, individual liberty, and fiscal responsibility.
    No. You just take everything in absolutes.

Have Democrats finally returned to their (modern) roots, and begun supporting the important financial issues that face working class Americans? Or is this just lip service to the Rust Belt, where they were beaten badly in 2016?

Do you think the tariffs are a good idea, given they are retaliation to things China is already doing?

(Note: this is not the same issue, as the recent aluminum and steel tariffs, as these are directly only to China, a known and well documented bad actor.)
    What is the source for this?

15+ Year Old Account
    He has to be antagonistic to him somehow. Notice how Chuck doesn't elaborate how. It is really easy to say "not good enough" in front of CNN and MSNBC cameras.
    Next time you buy something, take a look at where it's made. China makes a fuckton of US goods. Most things that you buy from wal mart, costco, or any other discount retail store is a chinese import.

The people a Chinese import tariff will hurt the most is the rust belt, but those same rust belters are mad, they're mad and they're lashing out at anyone and anything Trump tells them to lash out against. Good little sheepies.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Next time you buy something, take a look at where it's made. China makes a fuckton of US goods. Most things that you buy from wal mart, costco, or any other discount retail store is a chinese import.

The people a Chinese import tariff will hurt the most is the rust belt, but those same rust belters are mad, they're mad and they're lashing out at anyone and anything Trump tells them to lash out against. Good little sheepies.
    Don't worry, they wont be buying much once they get laid off due to the tariffs on raw material imports.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Cost of everything will rise, jobs will decrease, the market will suffer. It's a shame Trump doesn't understand complex concepts.
    Yep, they tried this during GW Bush's term, they had it for 8 months and realized it was a bad idea. That is why everyone, including just about every right wing economist was telling him not to do this. Because all it does is hurt Americans. Job losses, markets down, price increases, etc, are already happening.

??? I don't want a war. Just saying no one wants a war with the US.

- - - Updated - - -

No. You just take everything in absolutes.
    When you say that, all I'm seeing is an attempt to justify a lack of logical consistency. You are basically admitting to the hypocrisy, thanks.

Is this Trump's new strategy?

He proposes something really stupid.

Everyone proves him wrong and start talking about how it should be done.

Then he does what everyone is saying as if it were his idea.

I mean... if he doesn't have it in him to have good ideas on his own... at least this could be a large improvement.

You are really having a problem with this reading thing aren't you.
    Seriously why does anyone try to have an honest discussion with these trolls? You know Tijuana is intellectually dishonest with everything he presents.

I mean there is a grain of truth in what you say, ie that the right has been suckered into pushing trade protectionism, a left wing policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I understand exactly what it is, it's getting the government out of international trade:

It would appear that I was proven correct, once again.
    Proven correct? The only thing you proved is that you don't understand what free trade is. When one country fucks over another in a trades, that's not free trade, even Elon Musk pointed out the bullshit China does and I am pretty sure he knows a lot more about the subject than you.

You are really having a problem with this reading thing aren't you.
    I'm actually curious is there a better way to deal with this????

Quote Originally Posted by Mitten View Post
    I'm actually curious is there a better way to deal with this????
    Yes you find areas where you have complaints and put tariffs there while lodging complaints with WTO it's what Obama did and every other smart administration does. The problem is not tariffs it is the idiot applying them like it's some magic fix.