Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

BFA Alpha Invite

Question; I just got an email regarding BFA Alpha invite and how to log in etc. Did anyone else get an email today with an invite? How far into Alpha is testing? I normally don't bother doing testing but may do it this time around.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep. Downloading now (had to restart the launcher/b.net app)
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got an invite at 7:05 pm EST. Downloading now. I've never received an alpha invite before, so that's pretty awesome.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

i heard a few guildies (EU) who got it as well tonight so must have been invite wave going out

inb4 it's a mistake. I have never got a alpha/beta invite this early. Really hyped!
    EU btw

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah a few of my friend got in today. Man thats a really shitty feeling. They've gotten in the past 4 xpacs.

Quote Originally Posted by loff93 View Post
    inb4 it's a mistake. I have never got a alpha/beta invite this early. Really hyped!
    EU btw
    ive never gotten an invite to beta/alpha pre like 2nd last week of it being live
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Nothing. Played the game since Vanilla and all that nonsense, but nothing else.
    I'm a random player from Europe.
    Was invited to Cataclysm beta, MoP (you could buy access by preordering I think) and WoD beta (won beta key from Blizzard CS twitter).
    I was not invited to Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    ive never gotten an invite to beta/alpha pre like 2nd last week of it being live
    I feel you man Don't know how much time I spent trying to get key from giveaways in earlier without luck.
    Last edited by loff93; 2018-03-22 at 11:24 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't receive an emailed invite but discovered that it was one of my choices in BattleNet under the World of Warcraft pop-up menu. I saw that that section was updating something and clicked to see what was going on… and was pleasantly surprised to see the Alpha as one of the choices. Have lightly played the beta for the last few days and find that it is SO MUCH more stable than the past Betas (BC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD, & Legion) that I have done. But this is my First Alpha and am very happy about that.
    Spoiler Alert!: I just have found there is ALOT of running around to do at the Temple. Way too many stairs to go up and down. Just wish that there was an elevator that went from the top to the bottom. My poor mount is getting really tired climbing those stairs.
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Laz; 2018-03-22 at 11:33 PM.
    HOME OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Addon Author: My Projects

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    And i thought they only invite f&f/streamers/employees to their alpha.
    I am none of the above. Though I thought that was the case for Alphas as well; maybe they need to stress test something.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Are you guys streamers or friend or family / blizzard employees?
    Nope. I've been subbed since launch in 2004 though. I feel like a lot of the invites are random though to be honest

Yup restarted bnet client and there it was!

They could be inviting more people to alpha if the earlier invites weren't active. Atleast I haven't seen that many people in alpha yet (the actual servers).

Friends and Family Alpha officially ended today, it's now a normal Alpha, so invites should be more widespread.

Both of us here got Alpha invites this afternoon, character creation boosts you to 110 after you finish creating a new character.

Audio dll crashed during beginning of loading, Lua error after loading, welcome to alpha quality

P.S. We've been long time subscribers (I have the statue to prove it) but otherwise just two random players, nothing special so random invites for the win. But there probably were a LOT of invites that went out since both of us got in at the same time.
    Last edited by PixelFox; 2018-03-23 at 12:37 AM.

Seems a massive wave went out for invites. I got in just now. Copy/pasted my WoW folder over, left 7 gigs to download.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Claws View Post
    Seems a massive wave went out for invites. I got in just now. Copy/pasted my WoW folder over, left 7 gigs to download.
    Did you just get invited? Or a few hours ago? Wondering if invites are still in the process of being sent out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you guys streamers or friend or family / blizzard employees?
    I'm just a random casual baddy and I got my invite last week.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

15+ Year Old Account
    Also got an alpha invite this morning. Took me by surprise.

Been playing since Vanilla (on and off, using gold for time too), and don't know any streamers or anyone in Blizzard at all.

Needless to say I'm really excited!
    The early bird gets the worm, or in this case, the Pokémon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerzeit View Post
    Did you just get invited? Or a few hours ago? Wondering if invites are still in the process of being sent out.
    About two hours ago.