Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I got the email at 7:05 EST today was suprised as well haven't had beta except Vanilla and Cata.

15+ Year Old Account
    Got one as well. Kinda nice getting one so early, I usually get beta invites but they are so late I can't contribute much. I might give streaming a try this go around.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerzeit View Post
    Did you just get invited? Or a few hours ago? Wondering if invites are still in the process of being sent out.
    4pm California time here.

Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    And i thought they only invite f&f/streamers/employees to their alpha.
    That used to be the case- however, starting with Legion, they've been extending the phase of their testing that they call "Alpha," and have been waiting until later in development to move to the "Beta" moniker. I'm not sure what it signifies to them, but "Alpha" has gone from being Friends and Family only, to including news and streamers, to including the first wave of what would have previously been "Beta" playtesters.

I also got my invite today- seems it was a largeish wave. I'm not a prominent member of the community, but my account is rather old, for whatever that's worth.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just got my invite as well, got the email to tell me, so started up the launch client and there is was.. Saved myself 33gig of data by copying over the current WoW, so 7 gig to go..

And just a regular player nothing more exciting than that..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    That used to be the case- however, starting with Legion, they've been extending the phase of their testing that they call "Alpha," and have been waiting until later in development to move to the "Beta" moniker. I'm not sure what it signifies to them, but "Alpha" has gone from being Friends and Family only, to including news and streamers, to including the first wave of what would have previously been "Beta" playtesters.

I also got my invite today- seems it was a largeish wave. I'm not a prominent member of the community, but my account is rather old, for whatever that's worth.
    The other way to get an invite early was if one also pre purchased the next expansion, on top of ticking the interest in beta box on ones account..

10+ Year Old Account
    Alpha and Beta are just denominations of polish. Alpha is very rough, buggy, unstable. Beta is more polished, with some of the bugs ironed out and the remaining ones being worked on
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    I am neither. I have a Twitch account, but haven't used it much because of grad school eating up all my free time. However, I also got invited to alpha today.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you guys streamers or friend or family / blizzard employees?
    Meant to hit 'quote and reply' to this. See my response above. Oops.

And i thought they only invite f&f/streamers/employees to their alpha.
    Nah, I got my invite like 3 weeks ago and I have no ties to Blizzard whatsoever. (I have an account that is active almost for the entirety of the game and have reported many bugs in the previous alphas and betas, I don't know if that helped with the invite)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

I got my invite yesterday and I don't know anyone working at Blizzard and I'm not a streamer/youtuber.
    I've played since 2005 with very few, short breaks. I did buy a new pre-built PC in like november last year, so maybe that's why :P

Haven't even had a beta invite since BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    I got my invite yesterday and I don't know anyone working at Blizzard and I'm not a streamer/youtuber.
    I've played since 2005 with very few, short breaks. I did buy a new pre-built PC in like november last year, so maybe that's why :P
    Ha same here. I've been playing since vanilla and have gotten in a few betas before, but never an alpha, but I also [I]just[I] bought a shiny new PC earlier this year. Got the email back on the 9th but didn't check my email until the 19th . Alpha has been pretty buggy so far, but it's pretty. Kul'Tiras seem buggier than Zandalar, but I'm not very deep into either. The in-game bug reporting tool has been very handy.
    /Catchphrase!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    Question; I just got an email regarding BFA Alpha invite and how to log in etc. Did anyone else get an email today with an invite? How far into Alpha is testing? I normally don't bother doing testing but may do it this time around.
    I remember you from IoC premades congrats yo

That or because you may be a frequent poster here.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    I remember you from IoC premades congrats yo
    holla atcha boi

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    That or because you may be a frequent poster here.
    But I'm not a frequent post here, so nah :P We would see a lot of other people here on MMO-C get invites if that was the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    But I'm not a frequent post here, so nah :P We would see a lot of other people here on MMO-C get invites if that was the case.
    Neither am I, so posting here frequently doesn't seem to be part of it.

me and my friend got invite as well. we both have been played since vanilla and nothing more.

I've still yet to get an alpha invite for any expansion. "2 months till launch" beta invites sure, but now alpha

Just looked at the B.net launcher and I have Alpha, i guess F&F Alpha is over and it's normal alpha now with beta in sight! Since I'm 100% not a Friend and or Family of any Blizzard staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    Question; I just got an email regarding BFA Alpha invite and how to log in etc. Did anyone else get an email today with an invite? How far into Alpha is testing? I normally don't bother doing testing but may do it this time around.
    Never got an actual invite e-mail, just started up the battlenet launcher a few weeks ago and it began downloading.

Can't say for alliance but Nazmir and Zuldazar look mostly finished (missing ingame cinematics aside) with very few gamebreaking bugs. Notable exception in Zuldazar - there's a major bug that can completely stop you about halfway in the territory but it's alpha, what can you do.