Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Craigslist Personals taken offline...

This is all they show
    "
    US Congress just passed HR 1865, "FOSTA", seeking to subject websites to criminal and civil liability when third parties (users) misuse online personals unlawfully.

Any tool or service can be misused. We can't take such risk without jeopardizing all our other services, so we are regretfully taking craigslist personals offline. Hopefully we can bring them back some day.

To the millions of spouses, partners, and couples who met through craigslist, we wish you every happiness!"

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...ouse-bill/1865

This really sucks...

This sure seems like a limitation of freedom of speech to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never used craiglist for anything other then curiosity, but this is a first step to much worse implications.

This is basically U.S congress killing off all farm animals because just one got sick.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakeseye0 View Post
    This is all they show
    "
    US Congress just passed HR 1865, "FOSTA", seeking to subject websites to criminal and civil liability when third parties (users) misuse online personals unlawfully.

Any tool or service can be misused. We can't take such risk without jeopardizing all our other services, so we are regretfully taking craigslist personals offline. Hopefully we can bring them back some day.

To the millions of spouses, partners, and couples who met through craigslist, we wish you every happiness!"

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...ouse-bill/1865

This really sucks...
    so what does the bill target?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so what does the bill target?
    Reddit also just shutdown a bunch of their communites too. The end of the internet is upon us.

https://gizmodo.com/reddit-bans-slew...ing-1823961868

10+ Year Old Account
    So no more really fun ladies seeking generous dates LOL?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Welcome to the wonderful world of todays' GOP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reddit also just shutdown a bunch of their communites too. The end of the internet is upon us.

so no more dating sites? reading the article this sounds liek its just targeting illegal activites not dating sites.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2018-03-23 at 02:52 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so no more dating sites?
    Welcome to the world of conservatives. Better break out a nice pair of clothes and learn to game at your local bars.
    Last edited by Snakeseye0; 2018-03-23 at 02:54 AM.

Well to the world of conservatives. Better break out a nice pair of clothes and learn to game at your local bars.
    Look, this is a slippery slope. Talking to women out of wedlock is the the ban they have in mind.

.../sarcasm /not_sarcasm.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Those sites could just learn to monitor illegal activities better, CL in particular is notorious for ads for "personal services" that were very thinly veiled prostitution ads.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Look, this is a slippery slope. Talking to women out of wedlock is the the ban they have in mind.

.../sarcasm /not_sarcasm.
    Make bars great again?

7+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a double dip of unconstitutional. Obviously there's implications in regards to the first amendment but also, prostitution is regulated at the state level, not federal. Regardless, it's pretty stupid for old cunts to make more laws about something that shouldn't even be illegal in the first fucking place.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah gutted they are taking down r/watchpeopledie because of a fuckstain who blew his brains out on facebook live, i like a good dose of what a shitty world we live in but people want to hide and think bad things dont exist.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    If I read that right.... the law holds the website accountable for the shit that its users are doing on it. So if the users use the website to break the law then the website is also in trouble.

Sounds like Those websites are simply choosing not to trust its users, or to implement controls to monitor user behavior. Instead they would rather just shut some things down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Those sites could just learn to monitor illegal activities better, CL in particular is notorious for ads for "personal services" that were very thinly veiled prostitution ads.
    lol... there are a lot of women on tinder also that seems to be using it for advertising prostitution services under the guise of massage...

Make bars great again?
    MBGA just doesn't have the right sound.

Make Hooking up Great Again? No..

Men Against Girlfriend Action? MAGA! Getting closer.

huManoinds for All Getting Action. MAGA ! Here we go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    Sounds like Those websites are simply choosing not to trust its users, or to implement controls to monitor user behavior. Instead they would rather just shut some things down.
    That's what's called a "chilling" effect on speech. In the US, it's one of the primary factors SCOTUS uses to determine constitutionality of a law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm some people have also misused grindr for some crimes. I wonder if that's getting shut down as well.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Hmm some people have also misused grindr for some crimes. I wonder if that's getting shut down as well.
    People have misused every form of communication for crimes. Take that as you will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    People have misused every form of communication for crimes. Take that as you will.
    Seems like a massive overreach on their part then.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)