Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    As I said earlier, junk science and utter nonsense
    Do you want something that is actually borderline magic and mind bending, tho it's not actual magic?

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I'm really really surprised by you peddling this utter nonsense.
    I thought it was a good complement to the ethics of superpowered people thread that's currently open. I think anything is possible, even if highly unlikely. The subject in the video however is pretty impressive, a 90% accuracy rating over multiple tests.

Occam's razor dictates that claims of the supernatural are likely BS and so yes I also think the most likely explanation is BS, but it's fun to talk about possibilities of things and it makes sense to me that if telepathy existed, that it would be a developed sense that would be more acute among those with communication disorders.

I'm not going to try to convert anyone in this thread lol, I agree that the evidence beyond maybe a few case studies is lacking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Do you want something that is actually borderline magic and mind bending, tho it's not actual magic?

Heh, that's really interesting! I love Vsauce.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If autistic people could read my mind, why are they constantly arguing with me?
    I think you're mixing up autistic people and acoustic people.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I'm always a little amazed at how people say autism is the next step in human evolution like the characters in X-Men.

Recent scientific studies have shown that autism is closely related to bi-polar disorder and schizophrenia. Electric stimulation of an autistic person's brain can alleviate symptoms for a while and has been reported that a cancer drug has cured autism in rats.

If you want to see a pretty severe autistic person in action watch the movie "The Disaster Artist".

Autism for me has caused me nothing but problems especially with relationships and jobs. Maybe there are a few benefits but have a hook for a hand would have a few benefits too.

As for the telepathy thing, these "non-verbal" autistics still have sections of their brain that function normally and they are doing what any good fortune teller can do, picking up on cues to guess at what the people around them are thinking.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

They should apply for that million dollars if they have proof of telepathy
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    I would rather think it means that 'normal' non-verbal communication have more to it than is commonly known, instead of invoking magic to the discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah to be clear, I don't think autism gives you superpowers. Although that would make for a really interesting Marvel comic/movie. Hahaha
    Hahaha

Well there is a Dr Frederick Kruger from the Crystal Lake Institute who has done some amazing studies on psychopaths and killers, that has found a link between adolescent traumas and separation anxiety, to been known to survive in extreme cases, bullets, fire, and possibly death, there was something in there about being able to walk through time warps where the literal environment around warms into some kind of space time continuum thus allowing said individual to catch up to their victims no matter what speed they might be moving. It's really very fascinating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6lVH7Sm3oc

Check it out if you get a chance sometime
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

A bunch of conspiracy crap.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear that I can become telepathic/kinetic during the brief moment of deja vu. No fireballs yet; still working on that.

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Hahaha

Well there is a Dr Frederick Kruger from the Crystal Lake Institute who has done some amazing studies on psychopaths and killers, that has found a link between adolescent traumas and separation anxiety, to been known to survive in extreme cases, bullets, fire, and possibly death, there was something in there about being able to walk through time warps where the literal environment around warms into some kind of space time continuum thus allowing said individual to catch up to their victims no matter what speed they might be moving. It's really very fascinating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6lVH7Sm3oc

Check it out if you get a chance sometime
    Very funny, no one seems to take the video I posted seriously lol but no one will be laughing when Professor Xavier clones on the ASD spectrum take over the world

I get the feeling we'd run the earth by using people's darkest secrets against them if they were telepathic.

Very funny, no one seems to take the video I posted seriously lol
    Well, it's a funny video. "100% irrefutable proof" my ass, there is no way whatsoever for us to check if they cheated somehow. We're just supposed to believe this easily faked video that anyone could do, and that there is a giant conspiracy among scientists to suppress this "proof". I doubt these charlatans would even dare trying to have their claims tested in a controlled environment.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I also hear there is a link between having a cape and being able to use the force.
    I might look into getting one.
    Last edited by Aggrophobic; 2018-03-23 at 06:09 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Junk science or...? Do you believe that telepathy might exist?

The CNN article is pretty poorly written (the last couple of paragraphs are particularly woo-woo) but I came across more than one video of Powell's work with test subjects and she talks often about how the strongest evidence of telepathy is in autistic children, particularly nonverbal autistic children. Some of the videos of the testing are pretty fascinating/compelling (some are not, one child got little better than 50/50 accuracy), you can find more than one video on YT if you're interested in finding out more.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1219556

I think we have a long way to go before proving that telepathy is even possible, let alone there being a link to autism, but it does somewhat makes sense that if this ability were to actually exist, that it would most likely develop in children who have difficulties in usual forms of communication.
    Why is legitimate science ignoring complete joke mock "science"? Weeeell....

10+ Year Old Account
    Very funny, no one seems to take the video I posted seriously lol but no one will be laughing when Professor Xavier clones on the ASD spectrum take over the world
    Oh Snap HAHAHAHA! Celista Warned us man you FOOLS!

You could be right I take it seriously, if it had been anyone but you I probably wouldn't, I'm just musing a little bit. But nope I am hearing you. This could be legit, but I would be less than honest if I told you I am 100% sold.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    You assume we don't...
    All they have to do is have a total stranger try to hug us and it's over. I don't think we run shit.

There is no link, because telepathy does not exist
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    LOL... true... though I have learned to control my freak out mode... I just turn stiff...
    I can deal with a stranger hug if I know it's coming. It's someone touching my shoulders from behind (super specific, I know), I wig out like a spider just landed on my face.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Junk science or...? Do you believe that telepathy might exist?

The CNN article is pretty poorly written (the last couple of paragraphs are particularly woo-woo) but I came across more than one video of Powell's work with test subjects and she talks often about how the strongest evidence of telepathy is in autistic children, particularly nonverbal autistic children. Some of the videos of the testing are pretty fascinating/compelling (some are not, one child got little better than 50/50 accuracy), you can find more than one video on YT if you're interested in finding out more.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1219556

I think we have a long way to go before proving that telepathy is even possible, let alone there being a link to autism, but it does somewhat makes sense that if this ability were to actually exist, that it would most likely develop in children who have difficulties in usual forms of communication.
    Interesting. If we are walking down the path towards telepathy or something other "mutation" or evolution, I could see it coming from brains that are wired a little differently.

We're already seeing people who can move robotic arms with just their thoughts, using some mechanics and software. So telepathy is a feasible event. You can't just dismiss it because you don't like it. If the results are in, peer reviewed, etc, it's something to look at.

The CIA is going to go nuts.

Yet I don't see them walking around with the sorts of million dollar prizes you get for proving the supernatural (as I understand it James Randy stopped his but others took it up) or any explanation supplied for how this is supposed to work. Can you replace the blockade with lead and block the "telepathic signals?" Can you repeat the experiment and similar effects under different circumstances?

Test, observe, repeat.

They jeer at "skeptics" but it is they who must be the skeptics, and the hardest on their own work, or they will not be taken seriously.