Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    The spec I main used to be known as one that's more on the complex side so I was a bit happy they pruned it some.
    The problem wasn't the number of things they removed, it was what they removed.

Tbh I'll be happy when the artifact ability is gone. Right now, for me, it exists solely to give myself and other people 20% leech. It has niche uses during AOE pulls. Just bake it into some other talent for crying out loud..

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yeah, that looks pretty sad. You also have to remember that you lose 25+ perks and abilities from your artifact, all the ones from legendaries, tier sets and so on. Never befor has so much been removed from the game without Blizzard adding a single spell.

Nice try though, as always.
    The actives for my class are mostly all staying, none of my dozens of legendaries for my main have active abilities, passive abilities do not mean lots of abilities to intelligently use, azerite armor is adding passives to at least three slots with three tiers each, I have at least two 100% full bars of active skills I use regularly for PvE content, and then some extra depending on my spec, pre-pots, etc.
    Last edited by Magistrate; 2018-03-23 at 08:28 AM.

Deleted
    So in the end of the thread :

-there are still enough spell
    -pruning was a myth
    -sugar in juice is bad

amarite?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkins View Post
    The actives for my class are mostly all staying, none of my dozens of legendaries for my main have active abilities, passive abilities do not mean lots of abilities to intelligently use, azerite armor is adding passives to at least three slots with three tiers each, I have at least two 100% full bars of active skills I use regularly for PvE content, and then some extra depending on my spec, pre-pots, etc.
    Great. Balance does not get their active, none of the synergies and effects from the artifact weapon. They do change up the gameplay quite a bit even if you don't actually push a button.
    Same goes for the legendaries that do change how a lot of classes work. A prune is a prune even if it's not the buttons you press that are removed.

Some classes got the important ones added back in like fire mage. But some, like Balance did not and they feel really unrewarding to play at the moment. And even the classes that did get most added back in feel very, very slow compared to Legion.

The armor won't change that. 5 ilvl, a flat stat buff and a proc that is about as exiting as concordance (not at all) won't make the classes more fun to play.

Class design is not one of the strong points of BfA so far. But hey, at least the dinosaurs look awesome and the zones are miles ahead of anything we saw in Legion or WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    So in the end of the thread :

-there are still enough spell
    -pruning was a myth
    -sugar in juice is bad

amarite?
    You're right about the last one, not the two first ones.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alidfe View Post
    Not really necessarily disagreeing with the OP but...

I can't really think of any genre other than the modern MMO where someone could complain about a game having like 35 inputs and be complaining about having too few buttons to press.

Kind of weird.
    This is precisely why I personally find these prunes so concerning. Games like GW2, ESO or Wildstar just bore me with their "rotations" which consist of 5-8 button presses for some of the classes and the rest of the buttons are utility stuff like movement abilities, defensive or offensive CDs.

I love complex playstyles in my MMORPGs and those 10-button gamestyles never feel satisfying (besides I just dislike the feel of GW2 and ESO's spells have like 0 variety, everything's just a DoT... but that's another story) to me personally.

I really hope Blizz don't over do it. And to the people saying "lol the game becomes consoleready", FFXIV has classes with tons of spells and that game works on PS4 and PC, crossplay too. A controller can easily get you 32 buttons to press, if not more, so I don't see that as an issue myself.

I wonder if you know how it looks to so desperately defend your egos by stating the game hasn't been dumbed-down significantly.

It makes you look to me and many others like a tic tac toe player insisting that tic tac toe is just as intellectually challenging as chess.

Deleted
    Says the " I'm 2900 rating " with no screen that probably plays DH.

Kek

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    I wonder if you know how it looks to so desperately defend your egos by stating the game hasn't been dumbed-down significantly.

It makes you look to me and many others like a tic tac toe player insisting that tic tac toe is just as intellectually challenging as chess.
    I wonder if you know how it looks to so desperately think that more buttons means more complexity.

You don't have to be a tic tac toe player to not want a screen cluttered with buttons.
    A lot of harder and more complex games than wow have way less buttons to press. Encounter design is important too you know.

More buttons does not a good game make... And thankfully Blizzard isn't listening to these "I want my entire screen filled with buttons cuz that means I'm a smart player" people.

Deleted
    And then they play DH or Affly Warlock

Wooooooooo

If you had been paying attention, people are upset about abilities that had actual uses, like hibernate, soothe, fairy fire and the abilities pertaining to more than one spec for instance.

Oh and to clear up your confusion rosso, I play a subtlety rogue.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2018-03-23 at 09:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    I wonder if you know how it looks to so desperately think that more buttons means more complexity.

You don't have to be a tic tac toe player to not want a screen cluttered with buttons.
    A lot of harder and more complex games than wow have way less buttons to press. Encounter design is important too you know.

More buttons does not a good game make... And thankfully Blizzard isn't listening to these "I want my entire screen filled with buttons cuz that means I'm a smart player" people.
    Problem is that there is some mental deficit in this thread that cannot help people understand that

More buttons =\= Better Gameplay
    Less buttons =\= Worse Gameplay

But there is a middle ground where a rotation is 4-6 spell plus passive plus procs etc etc
    So you have a smooth rotation and a nice gameplay.

Then ofc you have other 10 spell that you don't use every second like lock portals or enslave etc etc that are still a nice addition in the spellbook for other situation.

Deleted
    If you had been paying attention, people are upset about abilities that had actual uses, like hibernate, soothe, fairy fire and the abilities pertaining to more than one spec for instance.
    Hibernate is coming back.
    Soothe is useless since they rework the body aggro radius.
    Fairy Fair is/was a tank only spell because in the current mindset of " dps spam rush dps dps "

People are not willing into wasting gdc to apply a debuff that isn't core in their rotation to squeeze the dps

Hibernate is coming back.
    Soothe is useless since they rework the body aggro radius.
    Fairy Fair is/was a tank only spell because in the current mindset of " dps spam rush dps dps "

People are not willing into wasting gdc to apply a debuff that isn't core in their rotation to squeeze the dps
    Faerie Fire is useful for keeping other people from using abilities like Invisibility, Vanish, Prowl, Shadowmeld: As it happens I hated this ability, but it is not good for the game to delete niche spells that, when used correctly in the right moments make the difference between good and great.

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    I wonder why some people are still trying to say that the amount of buttons is directly protortional with the difficulty of the game.
    It really isn't.

Classic Warlocks as an example has had 4 action bars full of skills before macros, yet they used 2 in their rotation in Pv: Shadowbolt and curse of shadows.

Why do people think it is so much more fun to have 5 different spells that do exactly the same which are just artificially locked behind short cooldowns to avoid spaming one of them alone because that would be equally effective.

This game has so many classes and even mor especs that all want some kind of unique playstyle, how could that goal be matched if every spec would have 40+ skills that of course need to be totally different and serve a purpose and niche. That times 11 classes times 3 specs.
    its about depth not difficulty. an rpg without depth is like water that isnt wet, kind of defeats the purpose. look at destiny 2. they pruned the hell out of that game and its almost universally considered trash because it has no depth anymore.
    Last edited by globenstine; 2018-03-23 at 09:55 AM.

Deleted
    Faerie Fire is useful for keeping other people from using abilities like Invisibility, Vanish, Prowl, Shadowmeld: As it happens I hated this ability, but it is not good for the game to delete niche spells that, when used correctly in the right moments make the difference between good and great.
    That a PvP issue, so basically not the priority.

Beside that is just a matter of PvP balance, if they find out that FF was too much in PvP....

You said that the minority is always loudest, a statement I belive is complete bullshit. But feel free to back it up with some actual number.
    Blizz said back in MoP that there were approx 100 mil WoW accounts made during its life. Even if there were a million people actively posting on these forums that would only be 1% of all the people who have ever played the game. Sounds like a minority to me.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Blizz said back in MoP that there were approx 100 mil WoW accounts made during its life. Even if there were a million people actively posting on these forums that would only be 1% of all the people who have ever played the game. Sounds like a minority to me.
    Sure but not even 5% of thoes are still playing.

That a PvP issue, so basically not the priority.

Beside that is just a matter of PvP balance, if they find out that FF was too much in PvP....
    Well, its duration was knocked down to like 8 seconds from its like 1mil pve duration, and you could clos it off.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure but not even 5% of thoes are still playing.
    They don't have to be to come here and bitch and moan about hearsay they read here and patch notes. Unlike the official forums where you need an active sub. Hinthint mmo-champs.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    They don't have to be to come here and bitch and moan about hearsay they read here and patch notes. Unlike the official forums where you need an active sub. Hinthint mmo-champs.
    True but the official forums are filled with even more complaints and crying so you know.