Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The ex-Iron Horde Expeditionary Forces will need a leader that isn't the Warchief, who will need to keep the rest of the clans in line.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    isn't the idea that we actually visiting AU dreanor crap more lore raping moment than male or female leader ? didn't we spend entire introduction quests showing clearly that we can't go back to our universe because no shard or some other shit, and spend entire WoS (world of shit) expansion talking about being trapped and barely return ?
    can we first understand how did blizz fuck the lore - again - and make travel to au crap 'normal' again in first place, then see their leader is a male or female or apache helicopter
    Yes, the whole AU thing is a clusterfuck that should have remained dead. It is just a pointlessly difficult way to get the Mag'har on our side despite their being an easier solution one portal away. Instead they chose to give Sylvanas a piece of the artifact (where the hell did she get it?) and somehow rope in the bronze dragonflight to open a portal to this place despite that being against their general plan of "don't fuck with timelines". Then for some reason a large chunk of Orcs decide to cross that portal and die for people who spent an entire expansion killing them, to fight the other faction who spent an entire expansion killing them. If this were against the Legion like they promised I wouldn't have as much of an issue with it, but this is them choosing to get involved in a war they have no interest in for very flimsy reasons. The fact that they are lead by some no name female leader is actually a relief because if they tried to bring back Grom or Durotan it would just be so much stupider.

Now if they had gone with a no name female from the MU Maghar I would have issue with that, as Jorin Deadeye clearly deserved the spot, but Blizz chose to go to the AU for whatever reason instead of expanding the lore of the MU.

Sorry I just can't buy the idea of orcs being led by a woman. No, it has nothing to do with sexism & I'm not sexist, but in the context of Warcraft and the orc culture, it's very unreal.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Sorry I just can't buy the idea of orcs being led by a woman. No, it has nothing to do with sexism & I'm not sexist, but in the context of Warcraft and the orc culture, it's very unreal.
    There has been female orc chieftains... Raz the Shrieker in WoD is the Chieftain of the Laughing Skull.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus Christ. I was worried about AU Grom Hellscream leading, and somehow they managed to invent something even worse. Do we really need another female leader? For the Orcs? Horrible icing on a horrible cake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    There has been female orc chieftains... Raz the Shrieker in WoD is the Chieftain of the Laughing Skull.
    Yet she's almost as much of a "literally who?" as our new Overlord. The Horde needs young, aggressive Orcs. Gender equality Overlords don't fit the bill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    Moira
    Captain Fareeya
    Thalyssra
    Mayla Highmountain
    Geyarah
    Alleria
    Jaina/Jaina's mom (Most likely for the Kul Tirans)

They are trying way too hard even if a few of these do make sense some of it just seems to be happening just to happen. The only male allied leader seems to be Rastakhan but we don't even know if he'll make it through the expansion because his daughter seems to be playing a big role.
    Rastakhan survives the questlines of Zuldazar, but he's basically under a death-sentence due to the events that occurred. He's not dead in terms of BfA, but he is unlikely to survive for long afterward.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    who the fuck is Geyarah? jesus Christ, they are pushing this "strong female leader in position of power" too damn far, is blatant obvious and retarded

they had one job to bring fucking hellscream, but chose a nobody just because is female and will be totally useless and forgoten character, holy donger

Quote Originally Posted by Baddger View Post
    It does seem that the timelines now match up as in this is 2018 Draenor and not 30+ years ago (edit* I know its not 2018 i just used that to imply how both timelines seem to be now the same)

These aint the same orcs we meet back in Warlord which was 30+ years behind us and that we are using orcs that have caught up to us time wise.
    How can people screw up the lore of WoD? They're the same orcs; we didn't go back in time; we went across dimensions to an alternate universe that's thirty years behind ours.

P.S. Also, the connection to AU Draenor is permanent, so the usage of the Bronze Dragonflight is... well... to be frank, atrocious lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    But hardly anyone would've batted an eye if they were all male characters because that was the standard fare for warcraft.

It's bucking a trend and all of those characters have relevance outside of their gender.
    We're introduced to a nobody. At a minimum, since he has been left to rot on MU Outland, they could have used the AU version of Jorin Deadeye as the Overlord of the Mag'har for their expedition to our world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    I think they just wanted to leave major AU characters in the AU after the Gul'dan debacle.
    And for good reason, it was a horrible expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Jesus Christ. I was worried about AU Grom Hellscream leading, and somehow they managed to invent something even worse. Do we really need another female leader? For the Orcs? Horrible icing on a horrible cake.

when you think nothing can be worse, blizzard make her magic, hitting you with a truck of feces

The line about them being “expendable” is interesting, coming from Eitrigg. I assume it’s actually a Sylvanas quote that is misattributed, but either way it’s bad.

The best part of Draenor orcs left out, replaced by some fresh mook no one cares about. What, was Grom's awesome voice actor too expensive or something?
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    Another female leader.
    Yeah I'm not too fond of this, If the leader makes sense and has a decent story which slots it all together, Thalyssra for example, I'm fine with it. But in the case of the AU orcs we have Grom, Durotan and Draka who could be taking the leading roles, I can't understand why they insist on pushing zero backstory leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Yeah I'm not too fond of this, If the leader makes sense and has a decent story which slots it all together, Thalyssra for example, I'm fine with it. But in the case of the AU orcs we have Grom, Durotan and Draka who could be taking the leading roles, I can't understand why they insist on pushing zero backstory leaders.
    Jorin Deadeye should be the leader of the expedition.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    How can people screw up the lore of WoD? They're the same orcs; we didn't go back in time; we went across dimensions to an alternate universe that's thirty years behind ours.
    Actually, we did. We didn't go back in time in our universe. However, we traveled through *both* time and space to AU Draenor - both in another universe (space) and back ~30 years in the past of that universe (time). That's why Archimonde was stated to, quoting official site, "arrives in Draenor, reaching across space and time, to ensure that the invasion of Azeroth proceeds as planned" instead of just space. It's not that we went to an universe where their year 31 was similar to our year -2 (with the opening of the Dark Portal being year 0).

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    P.S. Also, the connection to AU Draenor is permanent, so the usage of the Bronze Dragonflight is... well... to be frank, atrocious lore.
    It isn't permanent. It's fair for us to assume that it still remains opened as there hasn't been any indication that the connection was closed, but it's not impossible that someone - the Bronze Dragonflight, for example - closed that connection after WoD for whatever reason it was.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2018-03-23 at 01:49 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

AU Orcs are super awkward. I mean, you literally will have two of the same Orcs fighting side-by-side on the Horde but one will be 30 years younger. You're just fighting alongside your younger/older AU self. So awkward. They should have gone with the Outland Orcs. But whatever, the Lore is a disaster from WoD already.

Interesting using Eltrigg, though. I thought sure Saurfang would decide he needs more Orcs on his side in case he ever needs to usurp Sylvanas, but this is a totally different direction. That means what happens with Saurfang and Anduin is still up for debate. Is he going to defect to Alliance? What would be the point though if it's just him alone?
    Last edited by MatadorMedia; 2018-03-23 at 01:50 PM.

Eh, it's not like Saurfang thought it through, he was more emotional diva about it.

Deleted
    The Horde is Female. YAAS QUEEN SLAY the blue patriarchy

Quote Originally Posted by nastje View Post
    I know the ''another female leader'' argument sounds kind of dumb by now but it does have a major point. Why is it taboo to introduce strong male leaders nowadays to lead important factions?
    THIS!!! It's like...introduce a strong male character = immediately called out for being sexist and oppressing women. Continue to introduce strong female characters over and over = nobody says anything because they too, will be called out for being sexist and oppressing women. Being sexist goes both ways. Sure, it's not nearly as prevalent but it exists.

I personally feel more offended by the "make it all about women" movement in media that we see today. It's just like the #OscarsSoWhite thing. Yes, the movements do more to depict strong women and not typical sterotypes, and they caused more african americans to be nominated for oscars. BUT, it's hollow AF. You didn't get nominated because you're any good, you got nominated because of the color of your skin. That strong female lead didn't get put in because it was organic to the story or made any sense, they were put in to shut up the "that's sexist" screamers. It doesn't address the issues at all, and does more to paint women in a negative light.
    Kthxhugsbye

Deleted
    If they turn the Horde into a diverse, female lead SJW shit show, i'm gonna vomit my orcish guts out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xendral View Post
    If they turn the Horde into a diverse, female lead SJW shit show, i'm gonna vomit my orcish guts out.
    That's exactly what's happening. I mean surely you've not missed that Blizzard is a company in Southern California. Sensible female leads here and there are fine, obviously. But let's not pretend we need a strong, female Orc at the moment.