[Suggestion] Auto Lock old threads

It seems we get plagued time to time with a new poster necroing post months to even years old, then the moderator has to lock the thread.

Why not just do the reddit idea and auto archive thread that haven't been posted in so many days?

There are tons of threads which are relevant even after they haven't been posted in for a long time. If we had an auto-lock on old threads then new ones would have to be made for those topics and in turn all of the previous discussion would effectively be lost. Necros don't generally happen very often and it isn't a significant drain on mod time to warrant it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    There are tons of threads which are relevant even after they haven't been posted in for a long time. If we had an auto-lock on old threads then new ones would have to be made for those topics and in turn all of the previous discussion would effectively be lost. Necros don't generally happen very often and it isn't a significant drain on mod time to warrant it.
    But those old threads get locked anyway by the moderator even though the topics still have validity.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    But those old threads get locked anyway by the moderator even though the topics still have validity.
    Send me links to any old thread you think was locked when it shouldn't have been. If the discussion is still relevant and there isn't old info which is no longer accurate and would only confuse people, we do not lock old threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Send me links to any old thread you think was locked when it shouldn't have been. If the discussion is still relevant and there isn't old info which is no longer accurate and would only confuse people, we do not lock old threads.
    Here is an example. This this post was started on 5/18/2017, the subject of the post got sentence a couple of days ago so someone updated the post with new information, it was then closed down for Necro and a new thread had to be started. https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...peech-nazi-pug

In my OP when I said days I really thought it in more of terms months, I just didn't want to limit myself. I just assumed if mods are going to lock threads that are X amount of days (months, years) old then they should just implement it to begin with.

I'm not really complaining of them locking threads that are so many X days old, it's was just a suggestion
    Last edited by zenkai; 2018-03-23 at 06:22 PM.

This is a terrible idea. There are tons of hilarious threads that I would like to bump someday so that future generations of MMOC posters can enjoy them as well.

My genius shouldn't be forgotten.