Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I hope Sylvanas' arc ends with her being brought back to life for real and has to deal with all the atrocity she witnessed and committed now that she is no longer twisted by Undeath. And she has no place in the world anymore because she doesn't fit in with the forsaken and she doesn't really fit in in Silvermoon either anymore. Would rather see her stripped of everything with the one thing she used to want but nothing else to show for it, than just villain-batted into oblivion.
    Alternatively she goes - i don't care, and keeps leading forsaken.

Free will bitches. Being able to take responsibility for your actions rocks !

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I thought N'Zoth was the undead related Old God.
    He is more the snaky kind of guy he seems to be behind the creation of the Naga after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    That would be an incredibly cruel fate, not too mention a possibly fatal one as without the relative protections of undeath she would be that much more of a target for those who bear her ill will.
    It does give her potential for a new arc in a different direction though! I think it would be interesting.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    well, norgannon already had his discs since classic. he seems to be the archivist of the bunch.

as for norgabyte, i suppose he was a bit self-absorbed(or maybe a jaded programmer. stuck with all the boring numbers work, he names things after himself to amuse himself). the size of how much data it holds... smarter people than me could probably come up with a direct comparison to our byte system. considering the numbers on the other two entries, it's probably a fuckload of data.
    So, was Norgannon a weeb or something?

G’Huun seems to have a different plan than the Old Gods ,spreading a contagion to consume the galaxy. I wonder if he’s essentially an Old God, but one that isn’t servile to the Void Lords?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeos View Post
    G’Huun seems to have a different plan than the Old Gods ,spreading a contagion to consume the galaxy. I wonder if he’s essentially an Old God, but one that isn’t servile to the Void Lords?
    Well, given that the Old Gods are themselves a contagion designed to be spread among the galaxy to corrupt nascent Titan world-souls, it's not really too far a stretch from the original Old God design. G'huun seems to have given himself a bit of a higher calling, as it were, but a corrupting parasite he remains.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Brann is still running around Azeroth getting into trouble then?

As long as Hemet Nesingwary gets eaten by a tiger or bear at some point I'll be happy.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post

As long as Hemet Nesingwary gets eaten by a tiger or bear at some point I'll be happy.
    If Hemet dies then who would send us out to collect bear asses?

Quote Originally Posted by Shedim View Post
    If Hemet dies then who would send us out to collect bear asses?
    His last quest will be :
    Hemets remains are probably in one of the hundreds of bears nearby. It would be great to return them to his family. Kill bears until you find them. (0.01% droprate)
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post

There's a Hemet Nesingway quest in Zuldazar, but I've not gotten around to it yet. So the Dwarven trifecta is in play.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Ok I checked, he is "The Corrupter".
    In Hearthstone. His title in WoW is typically "God of the Deep".

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    There's a Hemet Nesingway quest in Zuldazar, but I've not gotten around to it yet. So the Dwarven trifecta is in play.
    He becomes the prey for a change, unfortunately you save his sorry ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    So now we know what G'huun was before the experiments: a loa. I hope they explain what kind of loa and why it was chosen (what made them think it could help cure the Old God problem, what does reanimating have to do with the issue of the Old Gods?), and what they did to it to create an Old God in the first place.
    Hakkar maybe?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Deploying cudgel."

Shit, we'r screwed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    He becomes the prey for a change, unfortunately you save his sorry ass.
    Well now I have to go start it, if only to abandon it before I actually get around to saving him. Sorry, not sorry, Hemet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Hakkar maybe?
    G'huun has been sealed away a *long* time, so I doubt he'll turn out to have been Hakkar originally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well many of the Loa and Ancients have similar creatures tied to them. Shirvallah and Kimbul are both Loa, Ursoc, Ursol, Nalorakk and Rhunok are all bears etc. Could be that Hakkar, G'huun (and maybe Quetz'lun) are similar creatures as well, only G'huun was used by the Titans. It also makes sense that the Freya would not let them experiment on her favored Ancients but a darker creature akin to Hakkar might be an easier compromise for her morally to experiment on.
    Possibly - but Hakkar projected himself both in the history of the Gurubashi Empire as well as more recently during Classic WoW (only a few decades ago), which is something I doubt G'huun being sealed within Uldir would permit. G'huun's modus operandi and Hakkar's also seem to be very different - though there are some overlaps like "Corrupted Blood," the general emphasis on blood, and so on. Hakkar might've served G'huun, or been in the same general family of Loa with him, perhaps - but I don't think they're the same entities.

Oh my god. G'huun is the source of the curse of flesh.

How interesting!

7+ Year Old Account
    G'huun sounds like WoWs Nurgle, but less cool.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    So, was Norgannon a weeb or something?
    a programmer, i bet he has his own version of in-jokes about whatever the titan version of C is.

So even though we've supposedly killed 2 Old Gods, Brann is still saying we need to find a way to defeat the Old Gods... maybe implying Yogg and C'thun are not dead.

Also it keeps saying experiments on Loa and G'huun, which could mean G'huun is a Loa they turned into an Old God. G'huun also playing off of the Curse of Flesh showing just how much the Old Gods worked with each other aswell.