Poll: What would you have done?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoloco View Post
    this reminds me of a Seinfeld episode
    I'm just thinking they'll get tired of the car horn a lot faster than the person inside the car. They're pretty loud up close and continuously. And the their car certainly won't get in the spot when you're parked there.

In the south we have an unspoken rule... "Truck with the biggest tires always has right of way"... situations like this doesn't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Deleted
    Yeah, these bitches deserve to be run into that land rover. Though it's certainly not worth the legal hassle. These battles are absolutely worth it. People get away with too much shit these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    If it was at a hospital or prevented aid to a human or animal in need then I would care.

If not? Well she did get there first.
    Well, if she got there first, her car would be in the spot. It's not.

Deleted
    I would have slowly moved the car into the parking space as he did for a second, before stopping. Watch them get out before you can say get out.

I would parked and shut off my car. Then never ever fucking moved until they left the parking spot.

Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    Well, if she got there first, her car would be in the spot. It's not.
    Seems like a dumb thing to give a shit about.

You can't let people like that win.

Deleted
    If you're gonna let some entitled cunt take a big shit on any kind of social etiquette and walk all over you by commanding you to move your car, that's your choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    You can't let people like that win.
    Exactly. If everyone had the slightest bit of manners in public, the world would be a more pleasant place. But some people have zero shame and will do anything with a straight face if it gives them even a modicum of advantage.

It depends if i had my golf clubs in the boot and it could fit 3 bodies. Really though if someone is waiting in one before i get there i'd try my luck and tell them to move plus take a photo of them to add to their embarassment of being a traffic cone, and if they aren't a pushover (or look like a methed up psycho that would damage your car regardless of photo taken) i drive on and find another park non fussed.

In this video situation how she runs in front of him while he's waiting for other car i'd be a little pissed off,. i would park in halfway as to not block traffic, then phone security to come move them along just to piss them off and teach those rude Chinese women a lesson. It is not an unknown that they as a race often make for bad mannered visitors, even their own Government try to educate them/publish literature about social norms before they travel as they realise it's an embarassment.

Help educate them also, don't be a pushover or they do it to the next person.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    How does that negate his ability to get you out at the enteance?
    Because it's illegal to just stop in the middle of a road, lower a lift, unclamp my wheelchair, get me out, stow the lift, drive me somewhere safe then return to the vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    If you're gonna let some entitled cunt take a big shit on any kind of social etiquette and walk all over you by commanding you to move your car, that's your choice.
    Look at how emotional you get.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I would've just parked right in front of the space and sat in the car just so their "friend" couldn't have the space either
    This is such a silly, pointless waste of time that I can completely see you doing it, Orlong. You do you, buddy. Some of us see the greater value in moving on with our lives than petty, unnecessary 'revenge'.

Deleted
    Look at how emotional you get.
    Just calling it like I see it, Zen master. If you wanna roll over for that kind of behavior, feel free. Feigning detachment is a also good way to avoid confrontation. I'll save my emotions for when it happens to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    And that's why parking garages in this country don't let more cars enter than there's space for. Situations like that simply never happen here, not just because there are always more spaces than cars, but also because each parking lane is one-way. So even if the person who they're saving the spot for shows up, they'd be behind me and I would make 100% sure they wouldn't get past me.

On one hand, they should have just stayed there and caused a backup until the woman was removed. On the other, if you're able bodied, and overly concerned about parking as close as possible to your destination, you sort of deserve all the grief you may encounter.

Summary: First world problems. *shrug*

I would find it annoying but find another spot. That being said, doing so seems like a great way to get yourself run over.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sad that the guy eventually gave in to them.

If that were me, I would just keep nudging forward to force them back. If she refused to move, id just keep nudging forward, stupid woman can get ran over for all I care, it aint gonna kill her going 2mph. You can't run over to a spot and claim it. Especially when the car was literally about to pull in.

Quote Originally Posted by Annamarine View Post
    Legit strategy when parking is limited, I kick my wife out of the car all the time to do this when parking is limited .. and if I was the pedestrian I would be overjoyed if you hit me .. easy 20k from your insurance.
    Legit scumbag strategy, certainly. Do you fake injuries to get on flights early too?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would peel my wheels and scare the shit out of her, and watch her jump out of the way. Then I'll find some other parking spot so she doesn't scratch my car. Cause I've literally done this to some asshole. Course now I drive an AWD car and I can't peel my wheels without the car jumping forward, that's when I had a FWD car. But I did it as a lesson so those people don't do it again because you don't wanna fuck with people and parking spots. It's already super hard to find a spot, let alone a good spot.
    Last edited by Vash The Stampede; 2018-03-23 at 09:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shitty behavior from shitty people sure, but nothing that can really be done about it. Move on and find a different space.