Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    The Vindicaar belongs to the Draeni, they built it from scraps of the Exodar. The LF army HQ was the Xenedar, which was shot down with comical ease in the first 15 seconds of the Argus intro cinematic.
    It also has a fucking WMD on it.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kresh64 View Post
    They probably shouldnt have made the Vindicaar/Xenedar into battleships and instead just vessels to travel between worlds because as it stands the Alliance has a pretty advanced flying battleship run by pretty advanced soldiers that can move entire armies in mere seconds anywhere on Azeroth.

But yea it would be cool if Lothraxion gets some character development going forward but I doubt it since he didnt do anything after the Paladin order hall, still anything would be good.
    Occuleth has the knowledge to teleport people objects/people anywhere with near perfect accuracy....he alone is also a WMD....the man can turn you inside out if he thought about it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Occuleth has the knowledge to teleport people objects/people anywhere with near perfect accuracy....he alone is also a WMD....the man can turn you inside out if he thought about it...
    If I were the Alliance, Occuleth would be the one Nightborne I would fear the most. In Zuldazar he's maintaining a stable network of portals across the face Azeroth himself, conducting massive troop movements as well. Goodness knows what he could do if you sufficiently angered him.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azen View Post
    The Vindicaar as I understand is a tool of the Army of the Light.

Could someone shed some light on this subject?
    Wrong, the Vindicaar was constructed by the Draenei of the Alliance, not the Army of the Light, and as such belongs to the Draenei of Azeroth, which means it belongs to the Alliance.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azen View Post
    A faction can exist within a race (or that includes a race) and not be tired specifically to the affiliations of this race. The prime example is the Argent Crusade / Argent Dawn. There are many other examples.

I know the Lightforged Dranei are sided with the Alliance - but this doesn't imply the Army of the Light are. I would like to see something official that confirms this. Not player speculation and implied relations.
    I just did the unlock quest. I believe Turalyon explicitly tells Fareeya to spread the word: the Army of the Light will fight alongside the Alliance against all their enemies. Something along those lines. Might have gotten it wrong though -- that quest bored the hell out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post

Nothing harder like the Broken Shore, mind you, don't want to see the Horde screaming "Victory or Death!" as they flee the battle.
    As primarily a Horde player, this really bugged me about the Broken Shore. I understand that they "had" to do it for gameplay reasons, but then just don't have Thrall or anyone cry out "Lok'tar Ogar!"

And if I remember correctly, the Army of the Light was supposed to consist of races from all over the universe who had banded together to fight the Legion. Naturally they ended up being just 1 little ship full of nothing but Draenai because reasons, but that just seems lazy.
    /Catchphrase!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannihilate View Post
    As primarily a Horde player, this really bugged me about the Broken Shore. I understand that they "had" to do it for gameplay reasons, but then just don't have Thrall or anyone cry out "Lok'tar Ogar!"

And if I remember correctly, the Army of the Light was supposed to consist of races from all over the universe who had banded together to fight the Legion. Naturally they ended up being just 1 little ship full of nothing but Draenai because reasons, but that just seems lazy.
    Yeah I'm a bit confused about it too....I would have love to see Aldrachi and Xorothian survivors mingling in the folds of the Vindicaar.

High Exarch Turalyon says: Victory on Argus was only possible because the heroes of Azeroth fought side-by-side with the Army of the Light.
    High Exarch Turalyon says: Many of our bravest soldiers gave their lives for the cause. Those who remain would be proud to join the Alliance.
    High Exarch Turalyon says: Among our number are brave initiates about to undertake the arduous path of becoming Lightforged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Don't worry, when we need innocent civilians to get butchered like the refugees from Theramore or Teldrassil, or Draenor I'm sure we can give the Horde a ring.

Nothing harder like the Broken Shore, mind you, don't want to see the Horde screaming "Victory or Death!" as they flee the battle.
    The horde are always, and will always be the "bad guys".

No matter how much anyone tries to differ, it always comes out that way.

They might be honorable sometimes, but in the story they always end up being portrayed as the "bad" faction.

Ex: Broken shore

While they aren't the "big baddie" of the xpac, a lot of people view the horde as evil, and the story ends up supporting it.

Granted, Sylvannas is pretty evil.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    If I were the Alliance, Occuleth would be the one Nightborne I would fear the most. In Zuldazar he's maintaining a stable network of portals across the face Azeroth himself, conducting massive troop movements as well. Goodness knows what he could do if you sufficiently angered him.
    Well there's always the spell silence, just silence and REKT.

easy peasy lemon squeezy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Well there's always the spell silence, just silence and REKT.

easy peasy lemon squeezy.
    Not sure you can Silence through a portal - although Mass Dispel might be of help. Warp-delivery of rampaging and Fel-infused Withered might also be an issue.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Hopefully the future of the Army of the Light goes the way of the Thrall being Guardian/Earthwarder, Illidan being chosen and is just dropped.

It's ridiculous just how much the story revolves around the alliance and all the powers that are needed to save the world are theirs, but then it all has to be sidelined during war because blizzard didn't give the Horde an equivalent. All of these peacetime, neutral moments of working together is always headed by something that is alliance which is getting annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Hopefully the future of the Army of the Light goes the way of the Thrall being Guardian/Earthwarder, Illidan being chosen and is just dropped.

It's ridiculous just how much the story revolves around the alliance and all the powers that are needed to save the world are theirs, but then it all has to be sidelined during war because blizzard didn't give the Horde an equivalent. All of these peacetime, neutral moments of working together is always headed by something that is alliance which is getting annoying.
    WOD should have been primarily lead by the Horde since the Orcs came from Draenor and they would know alot about the Iron Horde leaders, instead it was lead by Khadgar and Maraad who has a right to since he was there back on Draenor as well but then they killed him off in Talador in favour of Yrel. Saurfang and Eitrigg could have got their time to shine leading in that expac for the Horde and Khadgar and Maraad for the Alliance with Wrathion being the one for both factions trying to clean up his mess from sending Garrosh there in the first place. Instead Wrathion was nowhere to be seen then or since.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Yeah I'm a bit confused about it too....I would have love to see Aldrachi and Xorothian survivors mingling in the folds of the Vindicaar.
    I guess Lothraxion was the token non Draenei in the Army of the Light so they could say there was diversity. Would have been cool to see a Lightforged Shivarra or something too.

15+ Year Old Account

Khadgar going neutral and restoring Dalaran neutrality, for example.
    Even Dalaran not attacking Orgrimmar during the raid when it was fully under Jaina's control is weird.
    I love wow, but faction balance has been running the lore ever since we had the NEs and forsaken joined factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    Khadgar going neutral and restoring Dalaran neutrality, for example.
    Even Dalaran not attacking Orgrimmar during the raid when it was fully under Jaina's control is weird.
    I love wow, but faction balance has been running the lore ever since we had the NEs and forsaken joined factions.
    The night Elves and Forsaken were neutered like crazy when they joined the factions, so the Humans and Orcs could take the spotlight. Imo both those factions should be able to stand on their own as a 3rd and 4th faction in the lore.

Khadgar going neutral, funny thing is I can see him of all the neutral characters actually making sense, because he didn't fight the original Horde out of hatred but to defeat the Legion. He also spent time in Shattrath under Adal and was made to be a very open minded character.

10+ Year Old Account

i see what you mean but i dont think it will change much though. i mean put it this way. lets say if the horde never came to azeroth. ever. no dark portal. azeroth would have had more farmers and priests than warriors, knights, paladins etcs. the burning legion invasion had happened, but it was pretty linear. burning legion bad, anyone else good. then came this force from another planet just like the legion but now the distinction was no longer as linear. there were grey areas. e.g. guldan bad. Orgrim good. even though orgrim was the one leading the assault after blackhand the guy wasnt evil.

and now those people found a place to call this same planet home, some of them were part of the invasion force as legion lackies, who changed e.g saurfang. some were never part of it and learnt to make this planet home e.g thrall.

the alliance was and still is pretty much the reactionary force. the horde is very much the aggressive force. neither mean that they are good or bad initially. just that the horde's character aggression presents them as such. but thats just what sets these factions apart and make them unique.

to us as players its easier to say horde is evil because honestly as cool as the storyline might be, we all know, if someone in real life told you "yea i made a road out of the bones of my victims that was a good mile long" (path of glory) you would be like "wth??"
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Vindicaar, as it currently is displayed, is a major mistake.

It'll either push one faction to supreme victory - or be abandoned completely for "balance" purposes. Likely to be the later, but equally as stupid in the grand scheme of things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post

It'll either push one faction to supreme victory - or be abandoned completely for "balance" purposes. Likely to be the later, but equally as stupid in the grand scheme of things.
    i agree totally with this. you can have all the firepower and magical power you want to teleport stuff, but that thing is a spaceship. It is quite literally a machine gun, in a knife fight. Hell in a world where the other faction is just hitting the industrial age, the other has just cracked into the space age.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    i agree totally with this. you can have all the firepower and magical power you want to teleport stuff, but that thing is a spaceship. It is quite literally a machine gun, in a knife fight. Hell in a world where the other faction is just hitting the industrial age, the other has just cracked into the space age.
    I really don't understand this line of thinking.

We've just finished beating the ass of an intergalactic army with an entire fleet of spaceships at their disposal, several of which, we either destroyed or sent fleeing in the process. Yet somehow, the Alliance is pushed leagues ahead in terms of power by getting one?

The Vindicaar is a powerful addition to the Alliance yes, and it does have the crown of the triumvirate (or whatever it is called) boosting it, but draenei/naaru tech is not invincible. A good example of this would be the relative ease at which the Xenedar was shot down by the Legion.

People are making way too big of a deal out of this one.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannihilate View Post

Yup. The 7.3 artwork even showed orcs and other races in full "Army of Light"-attire standing behind Turalyon, ready to fight.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Just know they will never use it against the Horde as a war vessel because it took them like 20 years to build it and would not risk its destruction.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post

Blizzard always does that with tech. That's why the BfA cinematic is those stupid, easily destroyed, slowly moving tower shits instead of siege tanks.