Poll: Would you accept Alliance High Elfs if they used the Night Elf or Human skeleton?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Agreed; I actually feel like Night Elves were intended to replace both thematically and in the lore High Elves, and the first look we got at the sentinels and druids in War3 felt like that, and allowed the Thalassian Elves to veer to a more high fantasy route, as well then the development of Blood Elves.

But Now well into a decade of WoW, the whole "celtic druidic ranger" thematic and aesthetic High Elves had on war2 is just lost: The Sentinels turned out to be basically a military, the druids are nature worshipping hippies, the Blood Elven farstriders are a group of less magical archer elves that really don't get much air time.

And it's really a bummer that that War2 Elf fantasy is just lost, because it still has a place in WoW given how the other elf races have developed.
    Agreed. Originally the Night Elves were meant to fill that design space, but it shifted over time. There is plenty of room for High Elves to take up the Warcraft II style Elf Fantasy. It's something the game lacks, which is why I personally believe High Elves are such a hotly requested Allied Race.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    There's no discussion. It ended with Velfs. Everyone got that. Why can't you?
    Lol oh my god what has that to do with what I asked bahahahha.

This thread is very bizzare to me. For one high elves are untainted blood elves. Furthermore, the very idea of allied races is to recycle as much of the existing ones as possible. What skeleton would they use instead? Currently they waste their whole art department's resources on orcs and trolls, but they won't be able to keep that up once people realize that they skimped out on other things like loot. So changing the skelton or even the majority of the model would just create more uneccesary work. Not to mention that void elves already sealed the deal on high elves. Blizzard went with the petulant option again and forced their "vision" on people already and will use that as an excuse to never release high elves.