Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    I'm going to bookmark this so I can whip it out in a couple of years time.

You will be wrong.

There is literally no downside to adding allied races to the game. It just adds more fun.
    It makes a good scape goat if there ends up being a super long content drought, or if Kul'tiras sucks.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    It is going to get insane. They already have trouble representing the races we have. How are they going to handle a story with even more races on each side? Blizzard can barely handle a story with 5 characters.
    To be fair, most of the Allied Races, so far, have just been offshoots of other races, making them sort of a package deal. I could see, in the future, most Blood Elves being accompanied by Nightborne, cutting the lore in half. Likewise with Tauren/HM, Draenei/Lightforged, Darkspear/Zandalari, Orcs/Mag'har, Humans/Kul Tirans, Dwarves/Dark Irons, and anything else like that in the future. The only one that's not like that, so far, is Void Elves, simply because it's not like the Night Elves have any sort of familial or spiritual bond to them. And, Void Elves have been half-baked since the start.

Of course, that's not the best way of handling Allied Race lore in the future, but that's most likely what will happen. I imagine Blizzard thinks something like "Why do we need to show off major lore for each race separately, when most of them already share a lot of similarities?"
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Shingaru View Post
    They will end up adding so many allied races I reckon 12 and in the last Q&A ion will say these very words. “maybe we shouldn’t of added so many”

Mark these words.
    Like every expansion blizzard starts with a feature with blatand disregard to the future ramifications. This happens all the time. When they did the artifacts no one of them thought how butched more classes would be without them as well. The thing about allied races is, unlike talents, they WILL have to support them until the bitter end. I certainly await that realisation, if not from Ion himself, then from the poor sucker that inherits this mess.

It will end just like all the previous ones have- with everyone bitching about the changes coming in the next one, but still forking over their hard earned cash to play it.
    /Catchphrase!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    I'm going to bookmark this so I can whip it out in a couple of years time.

You will be wrong.

There is literally no downside to adding allied races to the game. It just adds more fun.
    There’s a downside if the old famous resources are being pumped into cosmetics when the actual content is dry.

‘Thanks for the 55 new allied races but where the feck is the actual game content’

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Hes right though. The bloat was insane. If anything they need to prune more.
    Heck I am in BfA alpha at the moment, playing a demo lock and I have about 8+ buttons to mash..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    It is going to get insane. They already have trouble representing the races we have. How are they going to handle a story with even more races on each side? Blizzard can barely handle a story with 5 characters.
    Simple, the only races that matter are Orcs and Humans, every other race can go screw themselves based on the aesthetics of the armour in BfA. Clearly Horde vs Alliance simply means Orcs vs Humans and nothing else.

I really hope the faction conflict dies for good after this expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    There’s a downside if the old famous resources are being pumped into cosmetics when the actual content is dry.

‘Thanks for the 55 new allied races but where the feck is the actual game content’
    You make a valid point, but unlike many these days, I have faith in Blizz to make it all work.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    It will end with Anduin and Sylvanas uniting the world under the Alliance of Azeroth banner.
    https://i.imgur.com/t0R55Rs.png
    omfg it made me take a double take, but i like it. allthough i think it would be better if the outside was purple for the blue+red the inside orange for the red+yellow

looks good though allthough i feel the little bit of the mane ontop is abit weird and should go away, or be more added to the sides or inside.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Some people think having more buttons means good gameplay, even if half your buttons are identical to half of another class's buttons, whose other half is shared with a different class.
    Its not about number of buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Hes right though. The bloat was insane. If anything they need to prune more.
    You playing TAB targeting MMO. Not action based where having 7-8 buttons max is okay.

This is like the first expansion where so many races were added via Allied Races, if thats the highlight seller of this expansion then I ain't complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post

Thing is, those are jobs for different types of designers. You can't really stuff dungeon or quest designers into making allied races because they don't have the right skillset for it.

The resources aren't freely interchangeable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    You playing TAB targeting MMO. Not action based where having 7-8 buttons max is okay.
    Says you. Having more than about 6 rotational buttons gets really unwieldy since you often have to be able to move at a moments notice.

Imagine if they put all the this effort into adding more features to the current races instead of adding allied races, They could do some amazing things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Calling it now - BFA will end up WoD 2.0 aka FAST CASH GRAB
    Yep, it seems like BfA was my last pre-order I did. RIP WoW

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    They will end up adding so many allied races I reckon 12 and in the last Q&A ion will say these very words. “maybe we shouldn’t of added so many”

Mark these words.
    I'd be surprised if he said "maybe we shouldn't of added so many" and not "maybe we shouldn't have added so many".

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Mark these words.
    I'm marking them... Ion seems to be an above average intelligent guy, i doubt he will ever say ”x should of...”. He would probably say ”We should HAVE...” like a normal person who's able to speak and write English properly.

15+ Year Old Account
    No idea, op. I hate leveling, they added 2 allied races, voila i started to enjoy leveling again...
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    It will end with allowing you to play Allied races from the expansion after BFA if you preorder. Those races will be :

Horde- Sethrak who finally join the Horde after Anduin tells them it is wrong to keep slaves and hurts their feelings.
    Alliance- Blood Gnomes. Gnomes who used tech to attempt to harness the powers of G'huun and an accident transformed them into Blood Gnomes. They are lead by Kelsey Steelspark the first gnome to harness the powers of G'huun.
    The Sethrak will eat all the rats, I mean Goblins in Orgrimmar.
    The Blood Gnomes fall to the whispers of the old gods and destroy the Alliance making the Horde the only true smart faction, minus the snake men.

I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    It will end with Anduin and Sylvanas uniting the world under the Alliance of Azeroth banner.
    https://i.imgur.com/t0R55Rs.png
    Hey, its Lionnana Vess
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Mark these words.
    Yes, because more choices is a bad thing

If it is one thing they will regret it will most likely be Artifact Power v2.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore