Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    As a consistent Winston player, I can at least confirm she completely counters winston. She makes every single hero that winston counters impossible to kill, and she herself is LITERALLY impossible to kill as winston. She can heal herself, and has armor, which reduces damage per tick (all of winstons damage is per tick) which makes her impossible to kill before she kills you if at all.

Not fun times to be a monkey main.
    Then she's working exactly as she should. She's meant to be a dive counter

I have noticed that people are now grouping up a bit more, even in QP. It's a pretty cool side effect from a hero release. I wonder if it will stick. I sure hope it will.

And I have to give Blizzard credit for doing such a meticulously good job on OW. Brigitte is an awesome addition to the game and filled a niche I didn't even know existed. Such a complex hero too. OW really is their golden child now. RIP wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was playing her today, hanging back covering a bastion. He did most of the killing and i covered/healed him. Anyone who tried to rush us I would deal with...we effectively ruined the push.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

10+ Year Old Account
    Having played her a bit more (in quick play), I've been able to at times do well. I have managed the three hit combo on Tracer a few times, and yes she is strangely effective against Winston. Her healing is good, so long as she's able to mace people. Even got five gold medals in one game... which I dismiss as an aberration. She still feels a little off however. The animations are wonky, and having to interrupt them to be effective and do a three hit combo seems wrong. Other than minor tweaks like fixing her shield no reaching the ground, I still feel her rocket mace should be able to head shot. That would be enough of a boost to her damage output to make her feel more useable.

But looking forward to when every single match doesn't have two of her...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Brigette is a win big card in that she only helps if you are already winning. You probably would of won easier with another healer.

Easiest way to take her out of the game is just to tunnel her shield with everyone’s damage and then delete her, she can’t bash if she has no shield and can’t do jack shit outside of 5 meters besides a push back which is only a problem near holes.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-03-23 at 06:28 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Brigette is a win big card in that she only helps if you are already winning. You probably would of won easier with another healer.

Easiest way to take her out of the game is just to tunnel her shield with everyone’s damage and then delete her, she can’t bash if she has no shield and can’t do jack shit outside of 5 meters besides a push back which is only a problem near holes.
    She has better burst healing than any other healer, decent sustained healing + cleave damage, can block a large amount of damage for herself and teammates, has excellent CC and a knockback and an ult interrupter.

I don't see the would have won already, what I do see is uselessness if your team doesn't group up.

Easier said than done if she's in the right comp.

I'm still not convinced she's great, but it's worth noting that she does heavily trend toward a specific type of lineup and if your teammates aren't going to play ball her effectiveness goes way down, while if they do she's pretty effective. Go deathball around with brigitte/moira/orisa/DPS who aren't genji and tracer and she feels pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    She has better burst healing than any other healer, decent sustained healing + cleave damage, can block a large amount of damage for herself and teammates, has excellent CC and a knockback and an ult interrupter.

I don't see the would have won already, what I do see is uselessness if your team doesn't group up.
    She does not have the best burst healing in the game, she has healing on par with lucio if lucio never amps his healing and only when she happens to be in melee range or knocking something back on a slow cooldown. lucios lowest healing can always be on unlike Brigette. She has the literal worst healing in the game. She also does not have the best sustained healing as hers only works if she has something really close to hit. You cant just make shit up. The numbers don't match your fantasy. Lucio can do the same healing if the enemy are near, if they are far, if he is sitting, if he is jumping, if he is eating green eggs and ham in a box on a train.

She does have excellent cc, bring her for her stun but don't bring her for her heals. Consider it a happy coincidence. Dont bring her for her damage because she doesn't have much at all. Her cleave is straight in front of her as she can't hit two targets standing slightly apart right in front of her by aiming between them. If they are one behind the other in her range they both get hit but she doesn't exactly cleave, Monkey cleaves.

Don't shine a shit just because you really like that shit. Best burst healing and decent sustained healing? Don't make me laugh. She is anti-dive cc with happy coincidental for shit healing.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-03-24 at 06:26 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

She does not have the best burst healing in the game, she has healing on par with lucio if lucio never amps his healing and only when she happens to be in melee range or knocking something back on a slow cooldown. lucios lowest healing can always be on unlike Brigette. She has the literal worst healing in the game. She also does not have the best sustained healing as hers only works if she has something really close to hit. You cant just make shit up. The numbers don't match your fantasy. Lucio can do the same healing if the enemy are near, if they are far, if he is sitting, if he is jumping, if he is eating green eggs and ham in a box on a train.

She does have excellent cc, bring her for her stun but don't bring her for her heals. Consider it a happy coincidence. Dont bring her for her damage because she doesn't have much at all. Her cleave is straight in front of her as she can't hit two targets standing slightly apart right in front of her by aiming between them. If they are one behind the other in her range they both get hit but she doesn't exactly cleave, Monkey cleaves.

Don't shine a shit just because you really like that shit. Best burst healing and decent sustained healing? Don't make me laugh. She is anti-dive cc with happy coincidental for shit healing.
    What other hero can heal 150 HP Instantly and overheal with 75 armor? That = best burst healing.

This isn't fantasy, I have played it.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    she's the only healer who is completely useless at range. at least Moira can shoot balls at people hiding.
    She's also useless once the enemy are no longer around, she has to wait for a cool down heal which can only hit one player and the armor disapears after 2 seconds. Its shite.

- - - Updated - - -

What other hero can heal 150 HP Instantly and overheal with 75 armor? That = best burst healing.

This isn't fantasy, I have played it.
    She doesn't heal for 150+ 75 armor, she heals for 150 and if the ally hasnt taken 150 damage the remainder becomes up to 75 armor which is erased 5 seconds later. Her heal burst is 150 and if she doesn't use it all to heal then it becomes armor.

So No. Anna can do 75 for a shot +100 for grenade. Anna has the potential to heal for 575 damage if everyone is in her grenade and she shoots someone.

Moira can do 80 per second with her urine spray with a 16.5 hot that lasts for 5 seconds on after she stops healing FOR EVERY ALLY IN HER SPRAY and 100 for the Yellow ball. She has the potential to do 400 healing (5 allies in spray) and 100 orb for a grand total of 500.

So tell me again how awesome her single target healing is?
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-03-24 at 07:10 AM.

I don't recall saying she had the best cleave healing, or overall healing, or anything remotely implying the previous, nor did I claim that she could heal 225 HP instantly.

Deleted
    Brig is great, I'm just bullying flankers and tanks for days, it's so much fun.

I don't recall saying she had the best cleave healing, or overall healing, or anything remotely implying the previous, nor did I claim that she could heal 225 HP instantly.
    I'm glad you agree that she is not the highest burst or great sustained healing in the game. 100 healing with the potential of adding 75 armor if they havent taken enough damage is not 175 burst heal.

So you're saying if Brig is played badly, you can kill her easily? Yeah, sounds about right with any character.

Do you really think a good Brig is going to let her shield BE broken?

She doesn't heal for 150+ 75 armor, she heals for 150 and if the ally hasnt taken 150 damage the remainder becomes up to 75 armor which is erased 5 seconds later. Her heal burst is 150 and if she doesn't use it all to heal then it becomes armor.

So No. Anna can do 75 for a shot +100 for grenade. Anna has the potential to heal for 575 damage if everyone is in her grenade and she shoots someone.

Moira can do 80 per second with her urine spray with a 16.5 hot that lasts for 5 seconds on after she stops healing FOR EVERY ALLY IN HER SPRAY and 100 for the Yellow ball. She has the potential to do 400 healing (5 allies in spray) and 100 orb for a grand total of 500.

So tell me again how awesome her single target healing is?
    150 in a second is more burst than 80 per second.
    150 in a second is more burst than 75 a shot, with a grenade that you also have to waste time throwing, not to mention you have to land it all.

You're arguing in a faulty way.

Number wise, she DOES have a really strong burst heal. Output and consistency is a bit lower, yes, but that doesn't change that she has a stronger burst heal than most healers do. You're trying to argue about healing output, not the burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    So you're saying if Brig is played badly, you can kill her easily? Yeah, sounds about right with any character.

Do you really think a good Brig is going to let her shield BE broken?

150 in a second is more burst than 80 per second.
    150 in a second is more burst than 75 a shot, with a grenade that you also have to waste time throwing, not to mention you have to land it all.

You're arguing in a faulty way.

Number wise, she DOES have a really strong burst heal. Output and consistency is a bit lower, yes, but that doesn't change that she has a stronger burst heal than most healers do. You're trying to argue about healing output, not the burst.
    Anna can hit with a grenade and a dart at the same time since the grenade arcs, 175 beats 150.

Anna can hit with a grenade and a dart at the same time since the grenade arcs, 175 beats 150.
    Two moves, grenade moves slower than brigitte's heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Is it that she can knock you away from the squishies? Cause there are others that can do that better than she. And at 250 health, why don't you just kill her?
    As a new Brigitte main.... I can 100% confirm Winston gets shat on.

From my observation so far (only 5 hours on her, 2k rating band, won every game bar 1)

Winston, Genji, Hanzo, Doomfist, Zenyatta, Lucio Mercy get fucked hard by her. I have no issues 1v1 even a ulted genji gets fucked.

Tracer, Mcree, WM, Reaper, Sombra, Mei, Zarya (Unshielded) Ana more often than not I can 1v1, but it's more difficult than the other and requires a bit more tactical thinking.

Roadhog, Reinhart I lose 1v1, but it's always a close call. But more importantly she's op to hell to interrupt them e.g. roadhogs heal and ult; Shield bashing reins charge either directly on to stop it or to nudge him out of the way from the side.

76, Moira, Zarya (with shield) and Pharah absolutely dick on me. Pharah is the hard counter, Brigs shield isn't high enough to stop the rockets landing behind me and dealing splash damage, also her ult goes over my shield and hits my head. You're literally dead in less than a second of her ulting.

D.VA is a hit and miss scenario,

Torbjorn, Moira, Bastion and Sym I wouldn't like to comment on yet, I've only seen 1 Torb and 1 bastion none of the others while playing her. I'd imagine Bastion is pure cancer.

All in all, she's a very powerful hero. Even more so when the team dives your team. Her ult in a team fight is usually the push you need to hold something which is nice. Usually capturing the payload and moving it to the next point is where she's weakest as shes more exposed. But the moment you get inside she flourishes.

Like I said earlier shes my new main. I really haven't had a bad game on her and like someone else has said a lot of people seem to be grouping up more on her in QP now.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

>Mcree, WM

Excuse me? How are you ever beating those.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2018-03-24 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Winston, Genji, Hanzo, Doomfist, Zenyatta, Lucio Mercy get fucked hard by her. I have no issues 1v1 even a ulted genji gets fucked.
    I get some of these but I don't really understand why Doom and Hanzo are here. If you land the stun on him, Doomfist is in trouble because he's so soft, but his dash beats hers semi reliably and he can blow up her own mediocre healthbar obnoxiously fast. I can see Hanzo getting shat on if he's in your face but most of the time he's going to be way out of her effective range and can even get his scatter arrows to go under her shield.

Also surprised Junkrat didn't come up on your list of heroes that give her trouble.

I’ve been playing her nonstop in QP so I can fully grasp her. Pharah deletes her with ease, in fact stupidly easy since there is nothing Brig can do about it. She is suppose to defend her team from dive but if a dive team is smart they will dive her and then they are free to clean the rest up. The stun helps against dive but since you can only stun one person the other 5 will get you quick unless your dive defender has someone playing dive defense for the dive defense.

There are maps where she does very well, like ones with cliff edges or small control points. She can totally sit on a turret and let it do its job. Not as efficently as Rhein but she can get it done. I also had the priveledge to shield an ulting McCree since our Rhein was going ham a little deeper than I would of liked but due to the McCree and a healing mercy he survived.

All in all bring her for the shield and the stun, consider her healings happy benefit.

A good fix would be to have her heal apply perm armor until shot off. On her cooldown it would take 30 seconds to armor her team up and then she could try to maintain that armor. Since her offense is poor the defense would be welcome.