Well, it does seem we'll be seeing some overlap with Infinity War. Guess some of it was a smokescreen.

Deleted
    So I mean I know the show is it's own entity, but it exists in the MCU, so where's the explanation of how, like, the Avengers fail to protect the planet and let this future come to pass? Or, the Guardians of the Galaxy for that matter. I mean, surely all of those dudes combined should have enough clout to not just let a planet fall into pieces.

But yeah, it's a plot device for within the show only. It's just sort of ridiculous when it's set in the MCU.

On a more spoilery note, do you guys think Coulson will actually die and the actor will leave the show? I don't see him being someone who would be hankering to leave the show to try doing movies or something. Perhaps he's sick and tired of it already, though? I just wish they'd bring him back to the Avengers movies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If you actually watched the show
    Mmhmm. I mean, I do, I have. Absolutely no need to get snarky about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    you'd understand that they believe Quake destroyed the planet. Hence her being called Destroyer of Worlds.
    Right. Mmhmm. Yeah. I'm fully aware of this. So, since I'm assuming you actually read what I wrote, and understood what I was saying, then let me ask you, how would the Avengers fail to stop Quake? Why wouldn't Hulk just rip her into pieces? Why wouldn't Iron Man just fly her into space or something. Why wouldn't Doctor Strange just open a magical portal and send her on the other side of the Universe? The point here is, that it's supposed to be taking place in the same universe, the MCU, in which you've got these actual superheroes, the Avengers, Doctor Strange, the Guardians of the Galaxy, and so on and so forth, who have beaten back all kinds of baddies and saved the world several times. Yet...this sideshow TV character, just out of the blue, manages to rip the world apart? In that same universe? While all those amazing superheroes were doing what, having a vacation on the other side of the galaxy?

As I said, I understand it's a plot device for the TV show, but being that the TV show is in the MCU and it's all supposed to be connected and stuff, it feels a bit dumb.

Deleted
    Probably there was something diverting their attention from Quake, and if not so, why would they should know about it, they arnt almighty, they cant see everything thats going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Mmhmm. I mean, I do, I have. Absolutely no need to get snarky about it.

Right. Mmhmm. Yeah. I'm fully aware of this. So, since I'm assuming you actually read what I wrote, and understood what I was saying, then let me ask you, how would the Avengers fail to stop Quake? Why wouldn't Hulk just rip her into pieces? Why wouldn't Iron Man just fly her into space or something. Why wouldn't Doctor Strange just open a magical portal and send her on the other side of the Universe? The point here is, that it's supposed to be taking place in the same universe, the MCU, in which you've got these actual superheroes, the Avengers, Doctor Strange, the Guardians of the Galaxy, and so on and so forth, who have beaten back all kinds of baddies and saved the world several times. Yet...this sideshow TV character, just out of the blue, manages to rip the world apart? In that same universe? While all those amazing superheroes were doing what, having a vacation on the other side of the galaxy?

As I said, I understand it's a plot device for the TV show, but being that the TV show is in the MCU and it's all supposed to be connected and stuff, it feels a bit dumb.
    1> Why would the Avengers automatically KNOW something bad was happening? They aren't psychic, nor can they see the future.
    2> The Avengers are a SHIELD initiative. Daisy's a SHIELD agent. Quaking the Earth to pieces may have been the best option. They're ON THE SAME SIDE.
    3> Daisy might not even be the one actually responsible. They never really established that. The use of Gravitonium several times makes me suspect someone else, since there was really no reason to bring Gravitonium back if they WEREN'T going to introduce Graviton at some point; the first episode with it was Graviton's origin story in the comics.
    4> The Avengers don't always WIN. Y'know. The entire concept of the team, originally, was less "we'll protect the Earth", and more "we'll avenge the Earth's destruction". Y'know, "the Avengers", not "the Defenders".
    5> Quake, in comic terms, isn't a "sideshow character". She's on par with the likes of Cyclops, Daredevil, etc.
    5a> Quake, in the comics, wasn't remotely strong enough to shake the Earth apart. Which makes the entire claim suspect to begin with.

What you are doing is the exact same thing that Deke and Voss did. They only see a PARTIAL video with Quake in the area. They do not SEE Quake doing the deed. So it is ASSUMED that she destroyed the planet. So there is that. They only assume it is her because she is the only one 'known' with that ability. Who knows who is to say it is not Flynt that was the cause and not Quake.

Also if you watched the show Robin gave Mai the person responsible for the destruction, or at least setting the path. It Coulson or at least an action that he will do that will start the path of destruction

Also keep in mind this, The Avengers are SPLIT!! Season 4 started just after the Sakovia Accords. And that was the season that Quake was supposed to Register her powers but never did. So the Avengers are in hiding. Cap if Black Panther is an indicator is in Wakanda, Ant Man is on the run, dont know bout Falcon, Scarlet or Vision. Iron Man is prolly sitting in a chair awaiting orders since he cant just Suit UP on a whim anymore.

Now, here is my speculation. If Agents of SHIELD is following the MCU, then there is a BIGGER baddie that may just be the one who destroys the earth, or at least brings about its downfall before his own. So yea again, the Avengers are quite busy to be able to just stop what they are doing to go stop a single human who they dont even know is going to do what is assumed she will do.
    So they have their own problems going on right now.

This week!

Deleted
    On S05E12...

Super felt like a rushed show finale in case of a surprise cancellation. If not, then they really did a poor job with it. Dialogue was choppy and felt like half the things were being said outside camera. People (the actors) seemed really depressed. The plot was hilariously ridiculous and out of nowhere. It was like a goodbye episode with what's going on with Phil, and especially when the completely random wedding was slapped on as an afterthought.

As said, felt so much like they just wanted to end things in case there's a cancellation. If not, then this director was on mushrooms.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    it wasn't the finale though. there are 22 eps this season. meaning 10 to go

On S05E12...

Super felt like a rushed show finale in case of a surprise cancellation. If not, then they really did a poor job with it. Dialogue was choppy and felt like half the things were being said outside camera. People (the actors) seemed really depressed. The plot was hilariously ridiculous and out of nowhere. It was like a goodbye episode with what's going on with Phil, and especially when the completely random wedding was slapped on as an afterthought.

As said, felt so much like they just wanted to end things in case there's a cancellation. If not, then this director was on mushrooms.
    Might want to revise your statement 10 more episodes to go buddy.

On S05E12...

Or you were on mushrooms.

10+ Year Old Account
    On S05E12...

Beyond the "10 more episodes, they aren't cancelled" stuff others have gone into, of course everyone's depressed. The world is ending, they don't know how to stop it and apparently they've tried it multiple times and failed each time, in the time loop. Coulson is dying. Yo-yo's just been horribly crippled. SHIELD is on the run and wanted by the authorities.

Fitz and Simmons' marriage is the one good thing they were able to seize on, to try and lift people's spirits a bit. And show-wise, it's taking place on the 100th episode because shows usually try and fit something "special" in there.

They're setting a low point for the team, since a "win" at this point is "nobody's being hunted, world isn't literally shattered to pieces causing mass genocide". They need to set that low point, narratively, so they can start to earn some "wins" in the last 10 episodes.

As a big fan of AoS, that episode was straight up nonsense. I spent the whole episode going what the hell is going on here. I can see why people thought this was a series finale.

And of course the Zeke surprise was the cherry on the nonsense cake.

Deleted
    Apparently it's pointless to use the spoiler tags on these forums since nobody else feels the need to do so when responding to a post with spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigvizz View Post
    Might want to revise your statement
    That's how it felt to me. It felt super rushed. It felt like cramming way too much into one episode. It felt like trying to get certain things out there just in case. If it didn't feel like that to you, that's fair. It did to me though, and I'd be quite surprised if I were so special as to be the only person watching this who felt this way.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2018-03-11 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I really hope this isn't the case but I'm suspecting something like Fitz is Deke's dad or grandfather or something family related.
    Hey..I never guessed a theory right before. Go me. Not exactly the way I was picturing it but I'm going to count it anyway.

Signature Created by Jassinta

What the fucking hell??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    What the fucking hell??
    Exactly. Where is this leading to?

Iain de Caestecker deserves all the awards for this week's performance. Holy crap.

Wait. What?

Hydra , Misteryous kree leader, + Robohead? And How many times can Simmons take it? Jesus, Fitz!