Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    I like this change. Game now is too fast and complex, I hate action games and WoW will be much more enjoyable if pace will be slowed down a little bit. I wish they would simplify rotations and remove some abilities as well, but I guess it's too much to ask.
    there's already barely any abilities as it is. why take more away?

7+ Year Old Account
    To honor the Classic game /salute

Anyway, not a fan of stacking a macro with cooldowns, anyway, but don't particularly find it better to just have to click that macro more times.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    there's already barely any abilities as it is. why take more away?
    I have 2 full action bars filled with various abilities and almost every must have keybind. That's not even counting auxiliary stuff like trinkets, potions, etc. There are too many abilities. There should be 6-8 abilities with keybinds and few fun abilities which doesn't require keybinds, that would be a proper design.

Naaah, we just need left+right click to move forward, spacebar to jump/fly left click to select an enemy, right click spam to unleash every ability in a combo manner.
    Middle click to skip combat and get your gear instantly.

That is a "proper design"

I have 2 full action bars filled with various abilities and almost every must have keybind. That's not even counting auxiliary stuff like trinkets, potions, etc. There are too many abilities. There should be 6-8 abilities with keybinds and few fun abilities which doesn't require keybinds, that would be a proper design.
    wait.. so you want generator, spender, cooldown, defense, heal, movement and thats it? gtfo and go play call of duty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    wait.. so you want generator, spender, cooldown, defense, heal, movement and thats it? gtfo and go play call of duty.
    Why don't you get out and let developers to actually improve the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Well if they adjust the effects to compenstate it should be fine.

(They won't)
    Actually, it'll be completely fine because all the specs are getting that treatment. It's not like mages are getting their CD's put on GCD, but Thunderchickens are staying off the GCD. It changes things and THAT'S OKAY because it changes for everyone and maintains balance.
    At the end of the day, it just eliminates the need for those abilities to have a macro attached.

?????????????????????????????????????? not sure if troll
    2 full actions bars, thats nothing, i've been running with 40-50keybinds since mop and this hasn't changed with spells being removed as there's always room for some macros, whether it be mouseover, focus or whatever. The only thing that are ok to not have bound are things such as readychecks, pulltimers, foods, flasks etc. Anything you do out of combat.

Deleted
    As long as they remove on use trinkets, im in.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Oh boy, one extra second on an ability that now has a 1.5 second GCD, nevermind the fact that BB and Avatar are also on the GCD as well. Great compensation.
    Because all things are finalized

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Every step away from zero-impact combat ARPG WoW the better.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Do rogues still have 0,5 GDC?

Hardly noticeable on Beta right now. I think it's fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Law View Post
    Because all things are finalized
    do not talk about things like this until the expansion is released or you will be in very big trouble, this content isn't finalized and you shouldn't discuss things like this yet until it's finalized and released
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-03-25 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

I have a level 110 of everything...excluding PvP talents no class takes two full action bars to fill up. A few specs come close to filling it up, but none of them take up two full action bars so you either PvP a lot and have all your pvp active talents always on your bars or you're full of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Plixo View Post
    As long as they remove on use trinkets, im in.
    You know they're just going to make them all on use now probs, right?

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I have a level 110 of everything...excluding PvP talents no class takes two full action bars to fill up. A few specs come close to filling it up, but none of them take up two full action bars so you either PvP a lot and have all your pvp active talents always on your bars or you're full of shit.
    Destro Warlock & Resto Druid must be pretty close though. Lemme see...

Rotational/Short CD
    1. Immolate
    2. Incinerate
    3. Conflagrate
    4. Chaos Bolt
    5. Life Tap
    6. Rain of Fire
    7. Havoc
    8. Summon Imp
    9. Channel Demonfire
    10. Dimensional Rift
    11. Demonic Circle/Shadowfury
    12. Demonic Gateway
    13. Cauterize Master
    14. Fear
    15. Banish
    16. Enslave Demon
    17. Drain Life
    18. Health Funnel
    19. Burning Rush

CDs
    20. Soulstone
    21. Summon Infernal
    22. Summon Doomguard
    23. Unending Resolve
    24. Soul Harvest
    25. Grimoire Imp
    26. Racial (Rocket Jump OP)

Add to that bindings for potions & healthstones, along with Shadowburn maybe, and you're not far from 2.5-3 bars. I didn't select any talents just for the sake of it though, hence the omission of Shadowburn, and the obvious non-inclusion of Eye of Kilrogg, Create Soulwell, Ritual of Summoning, & Unending Breath.

Also mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    do not talk about things like this until the expansion is released or you will be in very big trouble, this content isn't finalized and you shouldn't discuss things like this yet until it's finalized and released
    We were talking when I told you why you were wrong in your original post. Instead of just saying oh ok cool you chose to tell me that it's not good enough... ok thats fine... but we both know that things will most likely change so why even bitch about 1 extra second or whatever. The WHOLE point is that they are gonna change abilities to compensate for the GCD change... that's all I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    this change does absolutely nothing to fix the issues with cooldowns being incredibly telegraphed in legion pvp
    Doesn't fix the professions either and has about the same to do with the change.

I'm kinda okay with that. "General Cooldown" was not far from being renamed as it barely affected 2 spells on your whole rotation

The only problem I see is that when you'll be frenetically spamming stuff, there is a chance you'll cast some damage spell while your cooldown wasn't used, and then you'll waste something.
    But that will probably be solved once we're used to the real GCD back

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Law View Post
    We were talking when I told you why you were wrong in your original post. Instead of just saying oh ok cool you chose to tell me that it's not good enough... ok thats fine... but we both know that things will most likely change so why even bitch about 1 extra second or whatever. The WHOLE point is that they are gonna change abilities to compensate for the GCD change... that's all I'm saying.
    And it's clear that they put no thought into the current compensation because the extra second on BC does next to nothing.

But yes, they will compensate Fury (and other classes that are affected by it the most) but I'd rather see them just revert the changes. Cooldowns weren't a problem in the first place, I don't understand why they're suddenly being made into a problem now. If it really is a problem, they can either just prune the cooldownss or change what they do, not change how they work entirely by adding a GCD to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting