Quote Originally Posted by Arcieth View Post
    Anyone with alpha access that can update me regarding the story in Kul'Tiras? Thematically, Drustvar seems to be a very interesting and mysterious zone. However, alpha testers have said that the story is bad for Alliance players.
    I have Alpha. I normally play Horde so I might not be the best to answer this. I started with Tiragarde Sound, but right now there are a lot of bugs and it just didnt seem very interesting to me. Did the whole of Freehold and I get what they were trying to do but it just didn't excite me.

I decided to just start riding round randomly looking at the country side and ended up in Drustvar and found a quest with a little girl in a village.

This quest was the first fully voice acted quest I've seen on the Alpha and the quest itself was great fun, I think I'll go back and find the start quest for Drustvar and just do that. It's more finished. Perhaps Tiragarde Sound with cutscenes and voiced people might be better but can't be sure.

I haven't done any Horde stuff. Resisting the urge so I won't be spoiled

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity, are there any Zandalari shadow hunters in Zuldazar/Vol'dum/Nazmir? If so, what do they look like?
    Wondering if they are prominent enough to show up in the sophisticated Zanda Empire, or if they've been more relegated to the tribal trolls.

Zanda SH's showed up in MoP, but they were less like the glaive wielding witch doctors we are used to, and more like casters.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard previously stated in an interview that for the Allied Races, they didn't wanna give any Shaman race for the Alliance and Paladin for the Horde. Though, it's obvious that by now they've changed their mind since there will be DID Shaman, so it's pretty safe to expect Zandalari Paladin.
    Except I'm 90% sure that was in reference to the Legion allied races.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

There are, in fact, a number of shadow hunters in Zuldazar. Most of them wander around in stealth patroling the cities. I forget what they look like, but they usually have pets with them - multiple spiders or baby raptors or the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Except I'm 90% sure that was in reference to the Legion allied races.
    None of the current Alliance Allied Races would make sense for Shaman nor would Paladin make sense for the Horde ones. So I'm pretty sure they were talking about all Allied Races in general.
    '' Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. ''

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Out of curiosity, are there any Zandalari shadow hunters in Zuldazar/Vol'dum/Nazmir? If so, what do they look like?
    Wondering if they are prominent enough to show up in the sophisticated Zanda Empire, or if they've been more relegated to the tribal trolls.

Zanda SH's showed up in MoP, but they were less like the glaive wielding witch doctors we are used to, and more like casters.
    Haven't seen one. Zandalari seems to have more straightforwards warriors and casters than shadowhunters.

I am pretty sure they dropped the whole Paladin/Shaman thing once they realized that that ship sailed in TBC and you can't go back without giving lore reasons. And they already have lore for Allied Races that are going to enter the Alliance having Shaman and an Allied Race entering the Horde that has Paladin equivalents.

And Lore trumps outdated factional nonsense.

There is at least one Shadow Hunter, but he is part of one of the Horde's Island Expedition A.I. groups that the Alliance players have to deal with some of the time. You can probably see the NPC near the Horde's Harbor area where you'd queue up for the Island Expeditions.
    Last edited by Ithekro; 2018-03-26 at 08:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if there will be different dialogue for Zandalar if you unlocked your Zandalari Troll and leveling in the new area with them...
    Kinda know what happens at low level with the Nightborne at low level ( I am still leveling her etc...)

Just wondering on how your Zandalari Troll will react towards the other ones and races on Zandalar.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    I wonder if there will be different dialogue for Zandalar if you unlocked your Zandalari Troll and leveling in the new area with them...
    Kinda know what happens at low level with the Nightborne at low level ( I am still leveling her etc...)

Just wondering on how your Zandalari Troll will react towards the other ones and races on Zandalar.
    We've seen this before.

There won't be any difference to Zandalari PC. Blizzard doesn't do special dialogues that would aknowledge such things.

You'll still have to do the poop quests. No matter now noble your birth was suppose to have been.

Deleted
    Highmountain Sunwalker makes as much sense as highmountain monk, and we have the latter. They still worship an'she and have sacred places in her name, if a panda can teach them how to monk then I can teach sunwalking with my mulgore Sunwalker. The only reason we don't have it it is because lightforged could have only been 5 classes.

There is nothing preventing a Troll mage from journeying to Mulgore and starting a magic school or some shit there. Most class restrictions don't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Dark Iron Paladins were already established before the Zandalari Tribe even got invented.
    Do we know where the DiD Paladins draw their power from? It feels weird that they'd be drawing it from the light given their history (and penchant for living in the dark).

If the paladin light effects were changed to cool fire/lava effects I wouldn't be entirely sad.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post

i'm so sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    i'm so sorry
    Don't be. It's a quality post.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    They would get away with removing tier sets if the new themed sets are of high standard but so far they aren’t. Removing tier sets is a mistake they will revert in time, tier sets are iconic and a massive part of WoW history going all the way back to vanilla, to remove them at this stage is fecking tragic.

It’s indeed ironic that they’re putting more art time into the game yet cheaping out on such a vital aspect of the game, tier sets and iconic looking armour is a huge incentive for players, the last thing you want is progression to be rewarded with crappy looking items.
    Mabie they will Mabie they won't. Either way after legion I'll be glad for a break from tier sets I've had issues with them for a while.

In wod they seemed to use tier as a fix for classes that really needed buffing. Ala hell fire arms war. And in legion stuffs been so crowded and set bonuses so eclectic I think it's madness my monk spent almost a year in 2 pice T19 because it was just so much better. Hell in Bm it's still advised to have at least T20 over t21 and if u have high 930+ish t19 it's bis to slot that 2 pice in.

OK I admit alot of legions issues stem from titan forge keeping set gear and trinkets relevant long past the content it drops from but my first point about blizz using set bonuses as a balancing crutch instead of fixing the class is still valid. Nothing more gutting than needing to collect most of a tier set to be competitive and fix things.

So I've been fortunate to get an alpha invite.

To speed the download up, are there any wow files I can transfer across?

We don't think flying makes questing quicker. We think it makes it trivial. There is a difference. Source
    How does flying trivialise this quest?
    Cherry picking data, have a read.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post

i'm so sorry
    Any and all resemblance to a famous T. V series is coincidental obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Aktavite View Post
    So I've been fortunate to get an alpha invite.

To speed the download up, are there any wow files I can transfer across?
    You can copy your current 7.3.5 Live installation into the beta folder. After that there is 7 GB download left. Though don't copy or delete the copied addons and addon settings, since those don't work in alpha right now.

Deleted
    Blizzard previously stated in an interview that for the Allied Races, they didn't wanna give any Shaman race for the Alliance and Paladin for the Horde. Though, it's obvious that by now they've changed their mind since there will be DID Shaman, so it's pretty safe to expect Zandalari Paladin.
    Would be wierd tbh as dark iron are famous for being enslaved by ragneros