Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    You're being extremely condescending to me right now and I demand that you stop.
    I apologize I meant no disrespect. But for reals, there are plenty of different skill levels that play this game, no need to be an ass to someone just looking for help.

@OP It sounds like the mirror image phase is the one you're talking about. So the mechanics in this phase work as such: You will take massive ticking damage in this phase as long as you are not within one of those mirror image circles. When you enter the circle the image will begin casting a spell that will knock you out of their respective circle, most likely killing you due to the ticking damage. To prevent this you must kill the mirror image and you will be able to stay in that circle for about 5ish more seconds before it will disappear and you will need to be inside a new circle. To get through this phase you can either take your time killing image by image to make your way to the real boss to hit the sparkles which will reveal him (important side note: to get out of this phase you must enter the hitbox of the sparkles that represent the invis boss, in other words touch the sparkles) or you can "cheese / cheat" the phase by using your imprison spell on him right before he teleports which will encircle him in a big green cage that will make him super easy to see so you can use fel rush twice to hit him. The cheese strat might require quite a few practice runs to get the hang of, but personally I think it is much easier than the image to image strat after you understand the concept of it.

Quote Originally Posted by LightClaw View Post
    I apologize I meant no disrespect. But for reals, there are plenty of different skill levels that play this game, no need to be an ass to someone just looking for help.
    There is a tad difference between 'skill level X compared to skill level Y' and 'skill level X compared to nonexistant skill'. During the first Mage Tower that was ever built we completed these Xylem challenges in 895-905 gear tops. People with 940+ ilvl gear CAN faceroll it these days with just a tiny bit of decency and common sense. Point is: there are DOZENS of guides, videos, forum threads and discussions with explicit detalization of every step one must perform to pass this not-so-challenging-these-days challenge. And here we have this one guy who didn't bother reading those guides or watching those videos. He wants other players to investigate the source of his failure, analyze his actions and inform him with a huge neon light which specific button he must press in order to get a fancy weapon skin. The abovementioned 'extreme condescencion' should be the least of his (or your) worries. After all, noone's gonna chew his food for him to swallow. -25 Morrigan greatly disapproves.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    So my first attempt at the Mage Tower was this morning, tried three times in a row, die all three times within the first 90 seconds.

I am not the best DH player, it's my down the list alt, he's only i946, I only do like 1.3M dps on him.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...in/dingohunter

Anyways, I start off attacking the main guy, doing the Demonic ST rotation, and then the Ice Shards drop on me, and I was told to hit Chaos Nova to get out of those ? So I press CN, and die each time. Some of the videos I have watches tell you to hit Chaos Nova when the ice drops to jump out of it. So that's not working, what's the best way to escape out of the ice ?

And am I supposed to wear different Legendary's in this fight ? I only have the Raddon's helm, Siphoz's ring, the Chest, the other ring that allows two talents, and the Tank belt
    Alright firstly use Raddons and Seph Secret.

DPS him as normal, when he does Ice shards don't bother using chaos nova you double jump and glide over them then fel rush over to him.

You want to interrupt him as normal on his first cast, then use chaos nova to stun his 3rd cast, then use imprison for his 5th cast. The reason I say use 1 3 5 instead of 1 2 3 is simply: By the time the 5th one has been interrupted, your normal interrupt should be ready. After you use that one you normally get more Ice shards, by the time you get to him and restart the rotation you're interrupts should all be off CD again.

Chaos nova for souls is a complete waste. You miss a interrupt, you take more damage and have less of a window to deal damage before it repeats. Granted souls = hp + CD time on eye beam, but those souls can spawn anywhere from right by you, inside the ice ring or in the middle of the left over ice. Also he gets more casts off, so what you heal is generally lost.

Demonic build is a great choice as it's a good quick heal. Don't use eye beam for DPS, use it for a oh shit moment when you run out of interrupts (it will happen) one eye beam and a single strike will restore you to 100% hp.

You might want to leave the challenge for now, your crit is severely lacking, you should be aiming for around 51% (I did mine with 42%) to get the most out of it.

If you get past the first phase and struggle on the bubble phase drop me a PM, but generally that's just getting the hang of it and the pain in the arse bit is P1

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    How is it even possible to wipe that at 946 ilvl? You can auto attack that fight to victory at this point.
    No you can't and you know it. I don't even understand why you even bothered to open this thread? I bet you saw the title and was like "I'm going to shit on the op regardless what the problem is".

People like you are literally the worst aspect of this site and game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LightClaw View Post
    You shouldn't apologise to someone who is being an intentional cunt to someone else over this topic.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    You shouldn't apologise to someone who is being an intentional cunt to someone else over this topic.
    If you're not going to punish a kid for running across the traffic-busy street despite your instructions not to do so, and instead just gently pat him and let him continue his butterfly chase, he WILL eventually get squashed into a messy pulp of gore. And you will be held responsible for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    No you can't and you know it. I don't even understand why you even bothered to open this thread? I bet you saw the title and was like "I'm going to shit on the op regardless what the problem is".

People like you are literally the worst aspect of this site and game
    Yes you can. And YOU know it.
    A few months ago I decided to dust off my retired feralcat in 898 gear. I went to the AH, bought myself a few purple items, upgraded overall gear to 908 ilvl and decided to do some challenges 'just in case'. Took me two attempts to perform the Glowy Cat one with the first one ruined due to obsolete talents which I forgot to change. With 940+ gear these challenges are reduced to 'dodge bad things once every 30 seconds, press X to win'.
    And I'd like to inform you, good sir, that the worst aspect of this site/this game/Humankind itself are the likes of YOU. Namely, those who deliberately condone and encourage sheer stupidity, ignorance and autism. You and the likes of you are intentionally trying to revert the laws of Nature itself. And the worst part of it is the fact that you're trying to JUSTIFY your actions.
    Tell me, sweet cheeks, which part of the word "CHALLENGE" you fail to comprehend?
    He bumped into a CHALLENGE. What did he do to pass it? Did he look up for a guide? Did he search for some videos on Youtube? No. He decided to write a yet another topic on the forum. He didn't even bother looking for similar topics made by other people. He literally wanted his food to be chewed for him.
    Kindly refrain from encouraging him any further. The Homo Sapiens Sapiens kind has suffered enough already.

Quote Originally Posted by Ontis View Post
    If you're not going to punish a kid for running across the traffic-busy street despite your instructions not to do so, and instead just gently pat him and let him continue his butterfly chase, he WILL eventually get squashed into a messy pulp of gore. And you will be held responsible for that.

- - - Updated - - -

A few months ago I decided to dust off my retired feralcat in 898 gear. I went to the AH, bought myself a few purple items, upgraded overall gear to 908 ilvl and decided to do some challenges 'just in case'. Took me two attempts to perform the Glowy Cat one with the first one ruined due to obsolete talents which I forgot to change. With 940+ gear these challenges are reduced to 'dodge bad things once every 30 seconds, press X to win'.
    And I'd like to inform you, good sir, that the worst aspect of this site/this game/Humankind itself are the likes of YOU. Namely, those who deliberately condone and encourage sheer stupidity, ignorance and autism. You and the likes of you are intentionally trying to revert the laws of Nature itself. And the worst part of it is the fact that you're trying to JUSTIFY your actions.
    Tell me, sweet cheeks, which part of the word "CHALLENGE" you fail to comprehend?
    He bumped into a CHALLENGE. What did he do to pass it? Did he look up for a guide? Did he search for some videos on Youtube? No. He decided to write a yet another topic on the forum. He didn't even bother looking for similar topics made by other people. He literally wanted his food to be chewed for him.
    Kindly refrain from encouraging him any further. The Homo Sapiens Sapiens kind has suffered enough already.
    dodge bad things once every 30 seconds, press X to win
    Besides this one message, I'm not even going to entertain you, Post a video of yourself in his gear set, doing that challenge with nothing but movement and auto attack. Then I'll say I'm wrong. But we both know you won't as it's not doable. It easy for most at that level, but it's not 'only auto attack' easy.

Regardless, you're referring to someone asking for help as stupid and autistic and you have the cheek to defend yourself and call me the worst? For giving a shit and helping someone?

You're just a shallow, nasty, pathetic individual.

I don't need to say any more. I'm done with you but feel free to keep replying with nonsense. You're just proving everything I've said thus far.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

I am not the best DH player, it's my down the list alt, he's only i946, I only do like 1.3M dps on him.
    Yet Mage Towers were balanced around 900 ilvl... nearly a year ago.

Also, why do you need updated Mage Tower Guides? The encounters haven't changed since release, so all the videos\guides available are up to date. People just have a lot more dmg skipping \ speeding it up. Just watch a video or read a guide.

Silly thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats for completing a challenge that's known to be extremely easy for Feral since rolling DoTs chew Agatha to bits? Or that you may have completed while the command center was up and just thought all those blue dragons helping you was normal?

Fact is that the dude is asking for help and a lot of folks - including you - are being jerks for no reason.

Lots of guides out there?

Ok, find the one that you liked the most link it and say good luck and practice.

You're just coming in to make someone feel bad. No reason for that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Yet Mage Towers were balanced around 900 ilvl... nearly a year ago.

Also, why do you need updated Mage Tower Guides? The encounters haven't changed since release, so all the videos\guides available are up to date. People just have a lot more dmg skipping \ speeding it up. Just watch a video or read a guide.

Silly thread.
    Towers have all had numbers tuned, bugged mechanics fixed and minor tweaks to them.

While the overall challenge is the same they have changed, some like the Tank challenge pretty significantly.

The videos and guides are still valid, but if someone is asking for help what does it hurt to give help? Even if it's just a link to one of those videos?

I appreciate all the good advice and help from you guys, THANK YOU I am not an uber super player, yeah i946 is high gear for this Challenge, but today i946 is easy to attain. The Mage Tower is gone now, so have to wait for it to come back up. I did give it 8 tries last night, and got further each time, thanks to most everyones help here, it was just that mirror image phase stumping me, going from bubble to bubble, and the slow movement inbetween taking heavy sustained damage always killing me.

And to the couple rude players making fun of me, and complaining. Why even reply to this thread then ? "If you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all" is my motto. You add nothing to this thread by being toxic, just don't see why you'd even click the reply button to bitch about me ?

5+ Year Old Account
    When I did it it was just a case of jumping out after using Nova to spawn life but... I know a tip I wish I'd known a bit earlier (might have made it easier) was you can actually change Talents between the Xylem phase and the shadow thing phase with a book to a better set up of talents for that phase.

Admittedly I did this with Tomb of Sargeras tier so I didn't use Demonic so I can't really help with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Fact is that the dude is asking for help and a lot of folks - including you - are being jerks for no reason.
    You're just coming in to make someone feel bad. No reason for that at all.
    Fact is that the dude (and the rest of them 'dudes' around) Does Not Bother To Search For A Guide.
    Is it really that hard to comprehend?
    He REFUSES to learn. And he will never begin to. Because you keep 'itsokaying' him and the likes of him. No, it is NOT okay.

Fact is that the dude (and the rest of them 'dudes' around) Does Not Bother To Search For A Guide.
    Is it really that hard to comprehend?
    He REFUSES to learn. And he will never begin to. Because you keep 'itsokaying' him and the likes of him. No, it is NOT okay.
    Uh huh.

So since their first instinct was to ask for help on a forum rather than search everything they are immediately a waste.

Got it.

Bet you're the kinda guy that potty trains a dog by rubbing their face in it aren't you?

Jump over it and fel rush to the boss.

Some nice info here and in the other mage tower guides. Using the info I managed to do it as havoc after 4 tries. 1st try I forgot to put my talents right + messed up on mirror phase. Next 2 was getting used to the mirror phase. On the 4th managed to get to 2nd stage with the voidlings and it all went smooth. Thanks for the info

Deleted
    3 tries? Try 10-20 more times to get a feel for the fight. And the ice has HP bars and can be killed. You don't have to do fancy tricks like jumping over the ice (ofc this way it's even easier). You can just kill it slowly and just in case use a def CD. With 946 this should be a cakewalk for you.

So my first attempt at the Mage Tower was this morning, tried three times in a row, die all three times within the first 90 seconds.

Anyways, I start off attacking the main guy, doing the Demonic ST rotation, and then the Ice Shards drop on me, and I was told to hit Chaos Nova to get out of those ? So I press CN, and die each time. Some of the videos I have watches tell you to hit Chaos Nova when the ice drops to jump out of it. So that's not working, what's the best way to escape out of the ice ?

And am I supposed to wear different Legendary's in this fight ? I only have the Raddon's helm, Siphoz's ring, the Chest, the other ring that allows two talents, and the Tank belt
    just kill the ice shards instead of jumping out, fury of the illidari/blade dance to kill them all. The souls produced will reset c/d on eye/stun. you're running sephuz and bis helm/4set dps wont be an issue, just don't die to the simple mechanics. people say to aoe stun, i prefer the kill method. my only wipe was from trying to jump out and fucking it up.

for the illusion phase just get to one of the illusions and kill it, sit in the orb for heals and fel rush into the next one.
    Working on my next ban.

just uploaded my Xylem kill for ya, check the notes as well. Happy killing!

https://youtu.be/4C5DcwJWGZ4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstorm View Post
    If I remember correctly, you use Chaos Nova immediately when you are Frost Nova'd. This will procc some soul fragments. You then double jump and Fel Rush out of his ice shards and consume the soul fragments at the same time, and therefore heal full HP.
    Correct.

It's advised to do this method of stunning since the shards do a pulse. Zorachus, what is your latency like when doing these challenges?
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Bet you're the kinda guy that potty trains a dog by rubbing their face in it aren't you?
    "And the Jedi don't?"

Deleted
    Outgeared the @ out of this but still failed a lot until I learned to not touch any movement keys after double jump from freeze. Outgeared it so much I used any spells only on bosses and didn't get any mirror phase ... :| So if you are 960ish+ with good gear just tunnel the boss and avoid aoe (freeze and under the spawn) and it's the easiest I ever saw.