Biggest difference between PC and Consoles, at least for me, is Tennogen cosmetic items can be bought with platinum on consoles, which can be traded for, while PC HAS to pay real money for them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the answers, so there isn´t really a difference then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Thanks for all the answers, so there isn´t really a difference then.
    Oh there is.

You can play it on the peasants box of dirt.

Or you can play it on the best thing that was built for mankind

The PC. [emoji6]

Everyone's been pretty good about this so far, but just a friendly reminder to keep discussion productive and let's not veer down the path of PC vs console debates. Thanks, y'all!

Quote Originally Posted by Scornedfury View Post
    Oh there is.

You can play it on the peasants box of dirt.

Or you can play it on the best thing that was built for mankind

The PC. [emoji6]
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Everyone's been pretty good about this so far, but just a friendly reminder to keep discussion productive and let's not veer down the path of PC vs console debates. Thanks, y'all!
    Didn't think my comment deserved an infraction. Was only a joke.

Hope the rest of you didn't take it to heart like the moderator did.

Quote Originally Posted by Scornedfury View Post
    Didn't think my comment deserved an infraction. Was only a joke.

Hope the rest of you didn't take it to heart like the moderator did.
    I'm just as befuddled as you are; we are examining the features that didn't make it to consoles and why. In no way were we even remotely debating which version was the best. It is quite the leap.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'm just as befuddled as you are; we are examining the features that didn't make it to consoles and why. In no way were we even remotely debating which version was the best. It is quite the leap.
    Really? Even though it seemed kinda sarcastic. You honestly think it's a leap that a mod thought "you can play on a peasants box of dirt or the best thing built for mankind a PC" was console vs PC? It contained zero substance of what features one had over the other.

So since I have Frost Prime would it be wise to level regular Frost for the mastery and then just vendor him?

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    So since I have Frost Prime would it be wise to level regular Frost for the mastery and then just vendor him?
    Once you have attained MR rank 14 or so, there really isn't any point in grinding for mastery unless you are completionist, as by that point you've basically unlocked everything.

Once you have Frost Prime, there is no reason to keep the regular version around, since the Primed version is straight upgrade and has access to the regular Frost skin. Having the old Frost just takes up space that could be used for other 'Frames, and makes your selection screen more cluttered.

Finally decided to give this a try and I gotta admit it's pretty fun, at least in short bursts. It's yet to become something I would devote an afternoon to but so far it makes for a good quick time killer.

Double affinity this weekend: https://www.warframe.com/news/double-affinity-weekend-3

Got a bunch of frames and weapons that should finish building tomorrow. I'll buy some boosters and watch the affinity roll in.

So I believe I am moving into endgame now, but I could use some advice. I can make it through the occasional sortie, though I found out last night that my souped up corinth was not cutting it against level 100 Lephantis.

Is there anything I can get easily that would get me through sorties with no problems? I have some plat, so are there any rare mods I should be looking for? I just recently started getting heavily into cracking relics and am in the process of building multiple primes (Banshee and Nekros will be done tomorrow, I need one more piece for Valkyr and Mirage, and I want to farm out Loki and Ember before they go away. I have the blueprints for Vauban but farming oxium and cryotic are a real bitch.).

I also want to hunt eidolons for a shot at arcanes. Suggestions?

Man i tried Warframe for a week or two a year ago and reinstalled to try it and i have no. fucking. idea of what i'm doing, where i should be headed and hat i've done. The ui, explanations and in game directions are so unintuitive. the gameplay is super fun in a sanic speed way but i can't remember the last time a game made me feel like a fucking idiot with no idea what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Man i tried Warframe for a week or two a year ago and reinstalled to try it and i have no. fucking. idea of what i'm doing, where i should be headed and hat i've done. The ui, explanations and in game directions are so unintuitive. the gameplay is super fun in a sanic speed way but i can't remember the last time a game made me feel like a fucking idiot with no idea what to do.
    The game admittedly under-explains it's mechanics. You know your tutorial is bad (or in this case, almost non-existent) when the community constantly has to explain what the game is about.

It's not that there's so much stuff that you have to read the wiki, but rather that Warframe handles it's systems unconventionally as opposed to other MMOs and dungeon crawlers. You cannot just hop in from Diablo or Borderlands and expect to level up by killing enemies, or that grinding for gear is how you reach endgame.

The game is, at it's core, a horde shooter/looter game. There is indeed a cinematic storyline to follow, but that's not the focus of the game. In the end, it's about gathering the items and the mods to create your own playstyle and have fun playing through missions with other people.

Q: How does progression work?
    Spoiler: 
    First of all, Warframe handles it's progression and itemization differently from your average RPG. There are only five equippable items in this game: a Warframe (your class), a primary weapon (rifle/bow/shotgun/rocket launcher/etc), a secondary weapon (handgun/slingshot/throwing knives/etc), a melee weapon, and a companion (aka a pet). All five can be leveled up to a cap of level 30, but leveling up does not increase their stats. Instead, leveling up increasing the energy on an item, allowing you to slot more mods and more powerful mods on to an item.

Mods change the attributes of an item (ie, slash damage, freeze damage, increased fire rate, etc) or add new effects (arrows detonate upon impact, picking up health orbs grant armor, resurrecting dead enemies causes them to drop loot twice, etc). Think of it like slotting gems into a piece of gear in WoW, but you can slot eight of them into a piece of equipment. Warframes have two additional slots, for a total of 10. Once you reach level 30, an item will have 30 modding energy with which to use, which isn't enough to throw on all of the mods you want. You can use crafted items called an Orokin Reactor (for Warframes) or an Orokin Catalyst (for weapons and companions) to double the mod energy to sixty, but that still won't be enough. That's where Forma comes in, a crafted item that resets the level of equipment back to zero, but changes a mod slot's polarity. A mod of the same polarity (ie symbol) as the slot it is fitted into will only cost half of the mod energy. With enough forma (usually 2 or 3), you will be able to fit all of the mods you want onto a piece of equipment.

In this sense, Warframe is not a treadmill for the next piece of equipment that is superior to what you have, but instead improving the equipment you already have so that it can fit the effects that will support the playstyle you want. As a result, there is very little (if at all) P2W elements here. Yes, you can buy equipment, but no piece of equipment is strictly superior to another; it's just has a different balance of attributes and abilities, and must be leveled up from the beginning.

Finally, there's an level called Master Rank, abbreviated as MR. This is representative of how many items you have leveled up. It can only be raised by leveling up an item to level 30 for the first time (repeated levels up using Forma don't count), and from filling out the star map. MR has little functional purpose, only serving to make sure that you don't tackle content like the final story quests before you're ready, and restricting access to a few items. Otherwise, it's pretty much prestige status.

Q: Where do I go from here?
    Spoiler: 
    Each time you clear a mission node for the first time, you unlock the adjacent nodes AND get MR exp, so go ahead and continue clearing.

First off, get to MR 5 as quickly as possible and join a syndicate (aka, Warframe's reputation factions, located at the relays). Since each syndicate is either an ally or an enemy of another syndicate, you can only join up to three (all three on the left side of the relay - New Loka, Red Veil, Pernin Sequence - or all three on the right side - Arbiters of Hexis, Cephalon Suda, Steel Meridian). Equip the sigil of the syndicate you want to get rep with, and you will gain rep while playing. You can get more rep by playing the syndicate missions (a new tab will appear on your Star Chart mission select screen). I also recommend you join Cephalon Simaris' syndicate (which is not apart of the faction war) on the second floor of the relays for his stuff too.

Second, I'm going to assume that you still are using one of the three starter frames. You will want to go farm the Jackal boss on Venus for Rhino parts, and assemble Rhino. Rhino is one of the tankiest 'frames ingame and very easy to understand and use.

You will ultimately craft all of your Warframes. How you acquire the parts is another things.

1. Obtain the three parts from a planetary boss. This is how you will acquire most of the frames.
    2. Buy the parts from your Clan's lab with regular credits.
    3. Obtain the parts from a particular mission droptable (ie, Ivara parts from high level spy missions, or Ash from a certain rare grineer mob).
    4. Farm Prime parts from Void Fissures.
    5. Complete a quest.

Get a companion ASAP. Either build and equip the Taxon you get from finishing Venus, or do the Howl of the Kubrow quest, get an egg from Kubrow dens on Earth, and breed a Kubrow to fight with. Kubrows/Kavats are better than sentinels (and have far more utility), but they require maintenance.

- - - Updated - - -

Updated the post.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2018-03-27 at 07:04 PM. Reason: This is massive wall of text. Putting each section into it's own collapsible.

Yeah, they actually mentioned their approach in the recent documentary. They found games had roughly the same retention of new players regardless of improved tutorials and starter experiences. They shifted their focus elsewhere to try and maintain better player retention.
    It's unfortunate, but that's what they've embraced. Luckily the community is great at producing guides in written and video form.

As always, if you're on PC, I'm often up for playing with anyone in Warframe for any reason. New players, veterans, hunting for a new weapon, or taking on Eidolon hunts.

My in-game is Sixnalia
    Steam

I also run a small Ghost clan for people who want access to all the research items. No expectation to stay, when a player has what they need they are free to move on to find an active clan to run content with.

Also. The biggest tip for getting into Warframe and preventing yourself from being overwhelmed.
    Set up small goals and milestones.
    You start slow and will eventually snowball your way to catching up to everyone. So take it slow and immerse yourself. Most players are willing to help and guide you if you communicate.
    Last edited by Sixnalia; 2018-03-27 at 07:06 PM.

Any suggestions for me?

Deleted
    So I believe I am moving into endgame now, but I could use some advice. I can make it through the occasional sortie, though I found out last night that my souped up corinth was not cutting it against level 100 Lephantis.

Is there anything I can get easily that would get me through sorties with no problems? I have some plat, so are there any rare mods I should be looking for? I just recently started getting heavily into cracking relics and am in the process of building multiple primes (Banshee and Nekros will be done tomorrow, I need one more piece for Valkyr and Mirage, and I want to farm out Loki and Ember before they go away. I have the blueprints for Vauban but farming oxium and cryotic are a real bitch.).

Dont worry about Lephantis. That boss is a piece of shit. If you want to hunt Eidolons, a Sniper would be great though, Shotguns arent really that great for it.

Join the Warframe discord, form a group and use the Discord voice chat to take down the Eidolon. Bring at least one healer (Oberon or Trinity). Get three Eidolon lures (they are guarded by Grineer on the plains). Fighting the boss is straightfoward; use operator mode to take down it's shields and use your Warframe to burst down it's health when exposed. Flee from the energy pulse. Repeat until dead. If you want the best rewards, run the bounty for all three Eidolons, but be sure that you start that bounty at the beginning of the night phase and have voice, otherwise you won't kill them in time.

Any suggestions for me?
    The answer to life, the universe and everything is Valkyr. Because damage immune + tons of damage
    (providing she hasn't been changed. Its been a while since I played)
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death