Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    If you were in school and you could choose between:
    A) A School Shooter with a legally bought AR-15
    B) A murderous teen with a kitchen knife

Which one would you prefer...if you had to choose one?
    What stops them from buying an illegal AR-15?

Why a kitchen knife and not a truck? Why a kitchen knife and not a bomb? Why a kitchen knife and not a flame thrower? There are so many ways to kill people, but you pick the one that would cause the least damage... Why? This just makes it look like you either have no imagination or are intentionally trying to make guns seem worse than anything by comparing it to something weak.

But
    1) Is much "better" (chances of survival) against a person without a gun than a person with a gun
    2) Not everyone can buy weapons illegally, we could at least stop people without access to the black market of guns
    3) Black Market of guns is way harder to find than drugs.

Take away guns

What do you think of this proposal?
    Make the legal age to carry a gun 25
    And mandatory supervision to enter schools. Only a student with a pass can enter the school grounds (like my school)

Because metal detectors in every school is unrealistic...i think.
    And this way a "former student" cant enter school grounds for "revenge" or whatever those crazy people think they are doing.
    Posts like this make it really hard to take people like you seriously. You have NOT thought through what you're proposing.

You don't know anything about the black market.

You think metal detectors are unrealistic when they've been used for a very long time and have stopped thousands of kids from entering school with a gun.

You probably don't even know what open carry laws are or what states even allow it.

You probably legitimately think taking away guns is a good idea and will save lives, but you haven't thought it through... Who's going to take the guns away? How are they going to take the guns? What happens when people resist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    What stops them from buying an illegal AR-15?

Why a kitchen knife and not a truck? Why a kitchen knife and not a bomb? Why a kitchen knife and not a flame thrower? There are so many ways to kill people, but you pick the one that would cause the least damage... Why? This just makes it look like you either have no imagination or are intentionally trying to make guns seem worse than anything by comparing it to something weak.
    Not everyone has access to the black market of guns.
    We could at least stop those people without access.

I chose "knife" because there arent many bombings and many schools have a fence that cant be entered with a car.
    I dont know.
    Is much harder to be a killer without an actual gun.

Not everyone has access to the black market of guns.

We could at least stop those people without access.
    Everyone with a shit computer can have access to it. Do you think it's hard to set up a proxy to search the web? Do you think black market only exists in the deep web?

I chose "knife" because there arent many bombings and many schools have a fence that cant be entered with a car.
    I dont know.
    I much harder to be a killer without an actual gun.
    That's because you don't have any real world experience, and you haven't read up on anything.

Deleted
    Everyone with a shit computer can have access to it. Do you think it's hard to set up a proxy to search the web? Do you think black market only exists in the deep web?

That's because you don't have any real world experience, and you haven't read up on anything.
    Ok, im stupid for thinking is much harder to be a killer without a gun. Stupid me.

How can anyone argue much with someone that doesn't live here in the US?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, im stupid for thinking is much harder to be a killer without a gun. Stupid me.
    You're being unrealistic in thinking that someone with ill intent wouldn't be able to either obtain a firearm illegally or come up with another way of harming multiple people.

And you keep citing these 20 "gun incidents" as proof of something. Well, let's look at them, shall we?

You even admitted that only 8 of them were actual shootings. And of those 8, one was a drive-by from outside school premises, and 6 were done by underage shooters who were in illegal possession of their firearms. Only the Parkland shooter was over 18 and had purchased his firearm legally. And the FBI has already stated that the Parkland shooter was only free to do what he did because the system failed in that instance.

So no, your suggestions aren't being very realistic.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

What do you mean by harder? It's harder to kill people? It's emotionally harder? What?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    You're being unrealistic in thinking that someone with ill intent wouldn't be able to either obtain a firearm illegally or come up with another way of harming multiple people.

And you keep citing these 20 "gun incidents" as proof of something. Well, let's look at them, shall we?

You even admitted that only 8 of them were actual shootings. And of those 8, one was a drive-by from outside school premises, and 6 were done by underage shooters who were in illegal possession of their firearms. Only the Parkland shooter was over 18 and had purchased his firearm legally. And the FBI has already stated that the Parkland shooter was only free to do what he did because the system failed in that instance.

So no, your suggestions aren't being very realistic.
    If you can show me that 6 out of the 8 school shootings were made by guns bought on the black market then i would agree i'm wrong.
    And my only suggestion would be for the police to try and stop the black market of guns.
    How did this kids get their guns? Thats the true question

I agree im wrong, if all these guns were bought on the black market.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-03-28 at 10:02 PM.

If you can show me that 6 out of the 8 school shootings were made by guns bought on the black market then i would agree i'm wrong.
    And my only suggestion would be for the police to try and stop the black market of guns.
    black mar·ket
    noun
    an illegal traffic or trade in officially controlled or scarce commodities.

ANYONE SELLING ANYTHING ILLEGAL IS A PART OF THE BLACK MARKET.... Did you think it's a market place that you go and shop at that has armed guards and shit? Strolling around with a shopping cart picking guns... LOL!!! This is just more proof of what I was talking about earlier. You don't know what you're talking about.

Police do try and stop people from selling and buying illegal guns. Do you really think they're not?

How'd they get their guns? The most obvious answer is that they stole it from a relative. But there are plenty of ways to get one.

Deleted
    black mar·ket
    noun
    an illegal traffic or trade in officially controlled or scarce commodities.

ANYONE SELLING ANYTHING ILLEGAL IS A PART OF THE BLACK MARKET.... Did you think it's a market place that you go and shop at that has armed guards and shit? Strolling around with a shopping cart picking guns... LOL!!! This is just more proof of what I was talking about earlier. You don't know what you're talking about.

Police do try and stop people from selling and buying illegal guns. Do you really think they're not?

How'd they get their guns? The most obvious answer is that they stole it from a relative. But there are plenty of ways to get one.
    LOOOL, i know what the black market is.
    Yes, when i say black market im talking about every gun got illegally on the streets. Every type. (mail, streets, everything)

Guns stolen from parents dont count.

Show me the data and i will agree im wrong.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

It is not just school shootings. You do know the largest mass killing of people in the US ( in modern times ) was done with airplanes. Close to 3000. Then they beefed up security to help prevent that from happening again. They did not ban airplanes. The solution for school shootings has to do with foremost, mental health and authorities doing their damn job. Then stronger security at the schools.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It is not just school shootings. You do know the largest mass killing of people in the US ( in modern times ) was done with airplanes. Close to 3000. Then they beefed up security to help prevent that from happening again. They did not ban airplanes. The solution for school shootings has to do with foremost, mental health and authorities doing their damn job. Then stronger security at the schools.
    How did this underaged kids from 6 out of the 8 school shootings got their guns?
    If not even an American knows this...then something strange is going on with the media there.

This particular thing is very important for the debate...its the most important part.

If 6 out of the 8 school shootings were with guns got illegaly on the streets then i'm wrong and there is little we can do about the situation.

10+ Year Old Account

No, you claimed that the problem was that 18-year-olds were able to legally buy firearms:
    But i bet, 100% sure, that IF in my country a 18y old could get a gun legally we would have here many school shootings. But they cant, so there are no school shootings or "gun incidents".
    If a person can't buy a gun...how can he/she do a school "shooting"?
    What do you think of this proposal? Make the legal age to carry a gun 25.
    There are more ways to obtain a firearm illegally than "on the black market", and the problem is very rarely 18-25-year-olds with legal firearms.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Deleted
    No, you claimed that the problem was that 18-year-olds were able to legally buy firearms:

There are more ways to obtain a firearm illegally than "on the black market", and the problem is very rarely 18-25-year-olds with legal firearms.
    Not even you, an American knows where this kids got their guns for the shootings?
    I'm paranoid by nature but this is very strange.

10+ Year Old Account
    How did this underaged kids from 6 out of the 8 school shootings got their guns?
    If not even an American knows this...then something strange is going on with the media there.
    Not everything is reported by the police to the media, especially as involves underaged kids and ongoing investigations. But the police sure as hell know.

And what exactly are you suggesting we do if all 6 stole those firearms from their relatives?

- - - Updated - - -

Not even you, an American knows where this kids got their guns for the shootings?
    I'm paranoid by nature but this is very strange.
    No, you are just proving to have very unrealistic expectations.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Deleted
    And what exactly are you suggesting we do if all 6 stole those firearms from their relatives?
    I would be sad.
    And i would think: "having guns laying around everywhere is a bad idea"

I would be sad.
    You're so simplistic. Do you think kids are stupid? If I see someone enter a code, I'll remember it. Accidents happen and humans are flawed. You just keep showing you have no understanding about the world. You severely lack imagination. Maybe stop getting all your info from shitty crime shows on TV...

Deleted
    You're so simplistic. Do you think kids are stupid? If I see someone enter a code, I'll remember it. Accidents happen and humans are flawed. You just keep showing you have no understanding about the world. You severely lack imagination. Maybe stop getting all your info from shitty crime shows on TV...
    Its really infuriating that we dont know how the kids from the shootings got their guns.
    Its the most important part if we want to actually have a debate.

If all the guns came from the black market then i am completely wrong and many other people are also wrong and i would have to agree with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be sad.
    Why on earth do you think they're lying around everywhere? 6 cases amongst 325m people?

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Why on earth do you think they're lying around everywhere? 6 cases amongst 325m people?
    Because he doesn't live in the US and all he sees is the media blowing up a few stories...