Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    My bet is that they're creatures native to the shadowlands.
    The "Drust Realm" must be a part of it, like Helheim is.
    That makes a lot of sense, specially if you compare the Shadowlands with the Oblivion from Elder Scrolls. Lots of flavorful pocket realms full of potential for really creepy supernatural stuff.
    Man, I'm so hyped for a future Shadowlands expansion it's not even funny.

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Well, the Drust wielded Death Magic in life, and their spirits supposedly seek to return for vengeance. I imagine they'd be powerful enough at Death magic to dominate a portion of the Shadowlands. Anyhow, it's interesting to see this otherworldly psuedo-demonic vibe that they're picking up.
    Dominating a portion of the shadowlands? Absolutely! Though that doesn't necessarily have to mean they're native to it!

I'm assuming these things are not actually the Drust, as they look nothing like their king, who's pretty much a Vrykul with druidic stuff in him.
    So, they would be creatures the Drust summoned, or something similar.
    I dunno about that. Geists don't exactly look a lot like humans, now do they? And the Drust look an awful lot like their (presumably) Undead forms are mutated in some manner.
    Why do I even bother to post on this damned site?

Quote Originally Posted by Dannihilate View Post
    These are likely to replace the geist models that are currently used in a cave you have to clear out.
    These ones? I noticed the Witches in there seem to be opening up Death Magic portals, so these do seem like they're from the other side.

http://bfa.wowhead.com/npc=137850/blighted-fiend

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The5thVegetable View Post
    Dominating a portion of the shadowlands? Absolutely! Though that doesn't necessarily have to mean they're native to it!
    They could have been there so long that they're more Death spirit than human. I mean, I doubt there's anything truly native to the Shadowlands. The Shadowlands appeared alongside mortal life, so everything there likely derives from someone's departed essence. Bwonsamdi might just be some gestalt mishmash of Proto-Troll soul essence that merged together.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    without the effect they look like drakoinds for me. but the visual effect really changes that look
    The visual effect makes them look worse imo. More cartoon villain instead of creepy thing.

Quote Originally Posted by The5thVegetable View Post

I dunno about that. Geists don't exactly look a lot like humans, now do they? And the Drust look an awful lot like their (presumably) Undead forms are mutated in some manner.
    We'll just have to wait and see. Could be either thing.

I really dig these models! Everything in Drustvar seems like american horror story - I love it! Cant wait to level all the toons there, but never at night time and without my lights on
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

We'll just have to wait and see. Could be either thing.
    Well, they're just referred to as "Fiends" ingame. But the reference to them as Drust Realm monsters has me curious. Especially since they seem to be summoned up from what almost looks to be liquid pools of Death magic. Witches calling up otherwordly forces is cool.

Also, it makes me hope that Horde quests in Drustvar will be under the authority of Bwonsamdi's very own Priesthood or the God himself. I'd love to see rivalry between Death Gods, trying to poach the souls from others.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Also, it makes me hope that Horde quests in Drustvar will be under the authority of Bwonsamdi's very own Priesthood or the God himself. I'd love to see rivalry between Death Gods, trying to poach the souls from others.
    That would be really awesome.

Personally not as creepy as the pigman.

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    Personally not as creepy as the pigman.
    Good. I'm pretty sure they're meant to be a different sort of thing. Pigman is grotesque butchery. This is "otherwordly thing".

That would be really awesome.
    Well, I was trying to come up with a reason why the Horde would want to clean up the Alliance's problems in Drustvar. A reason that was proper Horde-like. Since the Horde tends to do more of the bargaining with spirits thing, and has Bwonsamdi on their side, that just seems like the natural reason for them to want to take out Gorak Tul and his forces. You eliminate him, conduct some rituals to link everything to Bwonsamdi's realm, and you've got all the reason the Horde needs to be there. Feeding our own Death God, rather than clearing up the Alliance Death God problem out of the goodness of our hearts.