Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Lets look at the chain of events

1. Vandalized windows resulting in someone calling the police
    2. Ran from the police
    3. Failed to put his hands up when instructed too.
    4. When cornered advance to the police with his arms out.

Had he broke the chain and did the opposite of these things he would still be alive.
    I agree. I know it was a phone not a gun, but was the phone lit up? How much light was in the backyard he got shot in? Cops don't really have the luxury of time to evaluate in these situations. Had it been a gun, these cops might have died for taking the time to over analyze what he was pointing at them in the dark.

We all know when the cops tell you what to do (especially with guns drawn) it's time to listen. He made a series of terrible choices that led to all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Aah yes, because getting shot is the appropriate thing to do when a window is broken.
    Holy fuck. Spreading this bullshit of you is a worse thing than breaking a window. Should you be shot now?
    He didn't get shot for breaking a window, he got shot for resisting arrest and pretending he had a gun in the dark. You can disagree about the shooting without being dishonest.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    LISTEN TO THE FUHRER AND YOU WON'T BE SHOT! /s

We've beheaded people over oppression like this.
    Perhaps it's time for more of that.
    More of what? Killing cop? Down with the government? More of what?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    LISTEN TO THE FUHRER AND YOU WON'T BE SHOT! /s

We've beheaded people over oppression like this.
    Perhaps it's time for more of that.
    @zenkai is right - his chain of events is how it proceeded, and if the guy had not done those things, he would more than likely be alive today. Should he have died because of those things? No. Did the police act reasonably and within their scope of duty? Yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Aah yes, because getting shot is the appropriate thing to do when a window is broken.
    Holy fuck. Spreading this bullshit of you is a worse thing than breaking a window. Should you be shot now?
    But that's not why he was shot. You have to take the whole incident as it happened. Taking one piece out and saying "he was shot because of a cell phone!" is intellectually dishonest.

I also want to add that just my opinion and all but if someone is pointing a gun at me. Whether it's a cop or not. I'm going to do what they're telling me. They teach people that if you're ever being robbed at gun point, like in a store or in a bank to comply with the person with the gun. To avoid people getting shot.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Lol, you're delusional.
    I almost forgot you were the die-hard Trump supporter here.
    Delusional in every single way.
    But he's not in this case - Zenkai is correct. The sequence of events had a tragic ending, but if the suspect hadn't done what he did, he'd be alive today.

this thread is funny... people hate cops, until they need them....

idiots.

Lol, you're delusional.
    I almost forgot you were the die-hard Trump supporter here.
    Delusional in every single way.
    1. You're the one making up lies I am posting facts
    2. I didn't vote for Trump, nor does Trump have anything to do with this post. This is a sad attempt at deflecting.
    3. Despite your silly attempt at theories I in no way attacked you, so I assume the personal attacks are the result of you losing the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Because it can easily make absolutely no difference.
    That guy tried to pull out something from behind his back, despite being explicitly told not to do it. That is not "complying".

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    this thread is funny... people hate cops, until they need them....

idiots.
    That's not even remotely true; I just don't want to be shot if I do need them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    That guy tried to pull out something from behind his back
    Allegedly.

despite being explicitly told not to do it. That is not "complying".
    It's about the level of compliance you'll get from a reasonable person when subjected to a stressful situation of that sort.

Once again; the onus is on law enforcement to de-escalate, not the suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Allegedly.
    It's on video.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it takes 20 bullets to take down a unarmed citizen who ran from police because police tend to shoot first these days.

Lets look at the chain of events

1. Vandalized windows resulting in someone calling the police
    2. Ran from the police
    3. Failed to put his hands up when instructed too.
    4. When cornered advance to the police with his arms out.

Had he broke the chain and did the opposite of these things he would still be alive.
    According to your own recount of events he wasn't instructed to put his hands up, he was instructed to "show them".

- - - Updated - - -

He didn't get shot for breaking a window, he got shot for resisting arrest and pretending he had a gun in the dark. You can disagree about the shooting without being dishonest.
    Just one problem with that narrative: It is not what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    irregardless of the rest of this story and whether police were warranted to shoot or not i've heard every idiot on TV and on social media constantly harping this "HE WAS IN HIS OWN BACKYARD" part.

HOW THE FUCK SHOULD POLICE KNOW WHERE EVERYONE LIVES!!!
    It could have been a random house with 8 2 year olds he was about to shoot up.

God people think before you say stupid shit
    How depraved can your morality possibly be? If a man has to worry about government employees showing up and killing him on his own property there’s something seriously wrong with how policing is being done.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    But he's not in this case - Zenkai is correct. The sequence of events had a tragic ending, but if the suspect hadn't done what he did, he'd be alive today.

When did the perp pretend his phone was a gun?

Quote Originally Posted by drebz View Post
    How depraved can your morality possibly be? If a man has to worry about government employees showing up and killing him on his own property there’s something seriously wrong with how policing is being done.
    If they just "showed up" at his house and shot him without reason you might have a point.
    But they CHASED him from the scene of a crime, he refused to stop and showed aggression and then while cops were shouting at him to drop something he decided to turn around and point whatever it was at them.
    And they didn't know it was his own property, why is this so hard for people to understand.
    no wonder trump is president with such dumb fucks in this country

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    When did the perp pretend his phone was a gun?
    Perhaps not the best phrase, but look at what I'm dealing with here. Perhaps "cell phone was mistaken for a gun" is the better way to put it.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    I guess it takes 20 bullets to take down a unarmed citizen who ran from police because police tend to shoot first these days.
    Actually it takes as many bullets as you have in your gun. Every officer and even citizens who take defense classes are told if you HAVE to shoot you empty your magazine because you are trying to stop a deadly threat. You dont pop off one round and go look if whoever you shot is actually down, coz then you get shot back.
    This has nothing to do with the person being guilty or not it's simply standard procedure for any shooting.

Secondly they didn't "shoot first" since they chased him for quite a while trying to stop him. The shooting always comes last :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    Secondly they didn't "shoot first" since they chased him for quite a while trying to stop him. The shooting always comes last :P
    So, state sanctioned execution then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.