Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Overwatch yellow is fine but HotS violet is utterly painful

Hopefully it's temporary or gets a toggle.

10+ Year Old Account
    i actually love that violet, the yellow is worse tbh
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I came here to make a thread about how much I love the violet; it'd be nice to have a color theme chooser for the whole site instead of it being sectional.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Hopefully it's temporary or gets a toggle.
    Agreed, actually hurts my eyes just looking at it. Its like when you were back at school and played with the colour contrast etc on the monitor settings while bored. A blue would not only look better, but would suit the HOTS theme.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised its not Light Blue. You know, the same color as the logo. Very odd choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Agreed, actually hurts my eyes just looking at it
    The entire site hurts my eyes, especially the (what should be banned) white reply box and pale beige rest of the site.

TBH though the violet stings my retinas ever-so-slightly less than everything else here.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I prefer the violet. I'd like a toggle to keep that colour scheme for the WoW news/forums

10+ Year Old Account
    They both make me initially squint looking at them, I HATE IT.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

15+ Year Old Account
    Love the purple!!!!

You people will literally bitch about fucking anything.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather than start a new thread, I'm gonna disagree with the OP; that Overwatch yellow, in the forums, is blinding. The purple in HotS is a bit bright, too. The color palette change is a nice idea, I just think the saturation or brightness of the other two palettes is a big high; they should be the same as the default but hue-shifted to yellow and purple from the WoW green. It makes for a bit of a kick in the eyeballs when I go from GenOT to an Overwatch thread.

I adore the purple. I'd have the whole site that colour if I could. The Overwatch yellow is the offputting one to me.
    But we've all got our favourite colours!

I like the yellow, although it's more of a golden color to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Rather than start a new thread, I'm gonna disagree with the OP; that Overwatch yellow, in the forums, is blinding. The purple in HotS is a bit bright, too. The color palette change is a nice idea, I just think the saturation or brightness of the other two palettes is a big high; they should be the same as the default but hue-shifted to yellow and purple from the WoW green. It makes for a bit of a kick in the eyeballs when I go from GenOT to an Overwatch thread.
    Quoting myself to expand, since there's been a few posts.

I fired up GIMP and did some color picking and monkeying with saturation to try and show what I mean. In the image, the top three are the main forum colors for the new Overwatch stuff, the middle is the default WoW colors we're all used to, and the bottom is a possible new iteration of Overwatch colors where I just upped the saturation on the existing ones slightly until they're more in-line with the default colors. There's still a distinct gold hue that makes them stand out, but they're a little less "glare-y" IMO;

They don't like up perfectly because I couldn't be arsed to line them up pixel-perfect, but it works for color comparison. Particularly the quote-block color, which is the third column, I think it's WAY too bright in the current OW, and I think you can see that in the comparison. The ONLY thing I tweaked on the colors was saturation; I wasn't trying to suggest a "better" color palette, just darkening the existing one up somewhat.
    Last edited by Endus; 2018-03-30 at 10:07 PM.

I really like the Hots version. Looks great imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    I adore the purple. I'd have the whole site that colour if I could. The Overwatch yellow is the offputting one to me.
    But we've all got our favourite colours!
    You can set a favorite forum skin under General Settings. It'll still show the game-specific theme when you visit others, such as the yellow when looking at Overwatch news. But your chosen theme will be shown everywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    You can set a favorite forum skin under General Settings. It'll still show the game-specific theme when you visit others, such as the yellow when looking at Overwatch news. But your chosen theme will be shown everywhere else.
    Ooh, neato! Thanks for the tip.

the hots and overwatch colors both look terrible

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a little bright if thats the right word for it but I enjoy the color choice.

7+ Year Old Account
    i like the purple, its abit darker so its easier and more soothing to me, the bright cream of the normal mmochamp is alot more straining.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content