Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    ......Dark Iron allied race can be Shaman.

- - - Updated - - -

Rams are used as mounts and beasts of burden, used to protect their homeland above the surface and to spread messages to others. I guess you could also go Gryphon. I'm also not seeing your point on 'overlap'.
    ... Are they playable yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    I meant technically default dwarves shamans are Wildhammer.
    Not really no. Sure, the original ones were, but then they taught a bunch of Bronzebeard dwarves (player dwarf shamans) the ways of shamanism, and poof!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I'm also not seeing your point on 'overlap'.
    Class fantasy. Why can't warlocks have demon form and demon hunters have demon form?

Same reason shaman shouldn't turn into cats and druid travel forms. It overlaps with other classes' fantasies.

Deleted
    I meant technically default dwarves shamans are Wildhammer.
    Nope, technically the default Dwarven shamans are taught by Wildhammers. We don't have any actual playable wildhammer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Class fantasy. Why can't warlocks have demon form and demon hunters have demon form?

Same reason shaman shouldn't turn into cats and druid travel forms. It overlaps with other classes' fantasies.
    No it doesn't. The fantasy of a Druid is not to be a cat that runs fast. It's about embodying the creature as a whole. The shaman 'wolf' form is nothing but a slight speed increase and is entirely supernatural.

No it doesn't. The fantasy of a Druid is not to be a cat that runs fast. It's about embodying the creature as a whole. The shaman 'wolf' form is nothing but a slight speed increase and is entirely supernatural.
    But at the end of the day, the pandaren shaman and the night elf druid are both a blue glowy cat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ... Are they playable yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Not really no. Sure, the original ones were, but then they taught a bunch of Bronzebeard dwarves (player dwarf shamans) the ways of shamanism, and poof!
    Who cares if they are playable yet....what an absolute stupid ******* thing to say.

- - - Updated - - -

But at the end of the day, the pandaren shaman and the night elf druid are both a blue glowy cat.
    And the Hunter can drag around a blue glowy cat and ride around on a blue glowy cat....who cares. A Shaman does not fight in the ghost form. Also Monks can summon a blue glowy cat.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Would be funny if Goblin shaman turned into one of those mechanical dogs in a spirit, translucent blue form..

Unrealistic tho.

While we're at it, give Goblin druids and Gnome druids :

Horde- Goblin cat form:

Alliance- Gnome cat form:

Just joking of course.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-03-30 at 08:42 PM.

And the Hunter can drag around a blue glowy cat....who cares.
    Blizzard, clearly. You're arguing against a point that's legitimately one of their "big ideas" right now.
    Class should look/feel/play uniquely. Druids can't be wolves. Shaman can't be cats. Don't know what else there is to say on this but everyone's entitled to their perspective.

Deleted
    Blizzard, clearly. You're arguing against a point that's legitimately one of their "big ideas" right now.
    Class should look/feel/play uniquely. Druids can't be wolves. Shaman can't be cats. Don't know what else there is to say on this but everyone entitled to their perspective.
    Hunters can use any animal pet, do they overlap with Druids/Shaman? No. They play COMPLETELY differently. Druids fight in animal form, Shaman travel in animal form and fight in humanoid form with weapons and magic.

Hell spirit raptor and Zandalari travel form are the SAME thing.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Who cares if they are playable yet....what an absolute stupid ******* thing to say.

- - - Updated - - -

And the Hunter can drag around a blue glowy cat and ride around on a blue glowy cat....who cares. A Shaman does not fight in the ghost form. Also Monks can summon a blue glowy cat.
    ... Are you dense? The qoute you chose to use, was regarding the playable dwarf shamans, not the yet-so-far unplayable dwarf shamans aka Dark Iron shamans. So please, if you can't read a sentence properly, bugger off.

Deleted
    ... Are you dense? The qoute you chose to use, was regarding the playable dwarf shamans, not the yet-so-far unplayable dwarf shamans aka Dark Iron shamans. So please, if you can't read a sentence properly, bugger off.
    Erm, no.

I separated Dwarf and DAI Dwarf, please read you dense ****

Unless you quoted me and meant to quote someone else.

I think you are arguing with Highwhale and quoted me by accident.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well I ques its same thing like NELF mages. Still I will vote for gryphon as default dwarf ghost form. Dwarves have more connections and bonds with gryphons than stupid rams ROFL.

5+ Year Old Account
    They'll probably meet us halfway with a transformation Toy that lasts 5 minutes with a 2 hour cooldown.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well I ques its same thing like NELF mages. Still I will vote for gryphon as default dwarf ghost form.
    In what way exactly? If you mean, that the playable version was trained by another group, thus unlocking the race-class combination, then yes. Just like playable, bronzebeard warlocks are taught by Dark Iron, and their mages taught by Gnomes. Or orc mages being taught by the Forsaken for that matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Erm, no.

I separated Dwarf and DAI Dwarf, please read you dense ****

Unless you quoted me and meant to quote someone else.

I think you are arguing with Highwhale and quoted me by accident.
    .... YOU qouted ME! I was having a discussion with Highwhale, and then you started qouting me.

7+ Year Old Account
    In what way exactly? If you mean, that the playable version was trained by another group, thus unlocking the race-class combination, then yes. Just like playable, bronzebeard warlocks are taught by Dark Iron, and their mages taught by Gnomes. Or orc mages being taught by the Forsaken for that matter.
    Yep. NELF were re taught by Highborne.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Would be funny if Goblin shaman turned into one of those mechanical dogs in a spirit, translucent blue form..

Unrealistic tho.

While we're at it, give Goblin druids and Gnome druids :

Horde- Goblin cat form:

Alliance- Gnome cat form:

Just joking of course.
    Although that would be cool, unless they were going for a ghost in the machine like vibe then it makes no sense.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yep. NELF were re taught by Highborne.
    Excellent, we agree.

What cultural relevance do wolves have to any race other than Orcs?

The answer is none.
    And why should a cultural relevance necessarily be above the class identity? I get what you say. And I kinda like the idea you are presenting, I just don't think (and I am repeating myself here) that all races need to have their unique spirt animal form. I think it's completely okay for races like taurens, goblins and dwarves to share the spirit wolf form.

And if not, I think for dwarves a spirit bear form would be a much better choice than a ram form. Then a spirit coyote form for the taurens, turtles for pandaren. Foxes for goblins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    And why should a cultural relevance necessarily be above the class identity? I get what you say. And I kinda like the idea you are presenting, I just don't think (and I am repeating myself here) that all races need to have their unique spirt animal form. I think it's completely okay for races like taurens, goblins and dwarves to share the spirit wolf form.

And if not, I think for dwarves a spirit bear form would be a much better choice than a ram form. Then a spirit coyote form for the taurens, turtles for pandaren. Foxes for goblins.
    .....because that's why the Orcs use wolf spirits......it's culturally relevant to them. What is so hard to understand about this? You may aswell ask why Zandalari Druids turn into Dinosaurs or why Blood Elf Paladins use the Light of the Sunwell.

Why would a Dwarf randomly utilise a wolf spirit instead of an animal spirit that actually means something to them? A bear like you said would be appropriate.
    Last edited by mmocd2f4dc063e; 2018-03-30 at 09:00 PM.

Really should
    Draenei talbuk
    Tauren kodo
    Troll raptor
    Dwarven wildhammer spirit gryphon, dark iron corehound, ironforge armoured ram
    Orcs bigger spirity and lightning infused wolf
    Mag'har orc armoured frostwolf or that armoured irontide wolf
    Highmountain spirit moose with rune covered horns
    Zandalari gold flecked triceratops
    Goblin grease covered hyena
    Panda pandaren ale elemental

But ghost wolf have always sucked so dont count it

- - - Updated - - -

Also nelves should have been taught by now by Draenei, furbolg, and any friends in the earthen ring

.....because that's why the Orcs use wolf spirits......it's culturally relevant to them. What is so hard to understand about this? You may aswell ask why Zandalari Druids turn into Dinosaurs or why Blood Elf Paladins use the Light of the Sunwell.

Why would a Dwarf randomly utilise a wolf spirit instead of an animal spirit that actually means something to them? A bear like you said would be appropriate.
    I never said that I have a problem with it or don't understand the fact. Only you were implying that. However... Orcs came from Draenor. Wolves did not. Azeroth had them too. So I think it's totally possible for the Azeroth shamans to simultaneously "adopt" the spirit wolf form for themselves. But are there other animals that would maybe be more fitting? Yes, I just don't think it would be a ram or a plainstrider.

Also the constant demand from players of the opposite factions (and also players of different races) for receiving something just because the other faction (or a race) has it is just... ugh... obnoxious. That's why I kinda liked the troll (and now with the allied races maybe some other) spirit form being unique.

I know this is another thing that most players probably won't agree on with me, but I don't think that balancing or equalizing all aspects of the game should be a thing. And that's also another reason why I would like to see some races to actually keep sharing their spirit animal (or druid) forms. You don't have to agree though and I am fully aware of the fact that the game is full of crybabies that will make blizz balancing always everything.

I don't want to argue though and now the more I think about it, the less I like the dwarves having a spirit wolf form. So when something like this eventually happens, the dwarf form better not be an effing ram. -_-

Last edited by Big Mama; 2018-03-30 at 10:15 PM.