Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    They may not, which is why I may faction-change this alt, or just bench him for the expansion.
    Frankly I've been curious about all this too. I follow the lore and eventually its going to come up. I don't know how Baine will react or the taurens in general, because they were the earliest druids besides the Nelves and even had diplomatic relations back in Cata when everything started going sideways around them.

It could be especially contentious since all the druids just spent a lot of time together in peace living in the Emerald Dreamway itself.

I'm just glad old Cairne didn't live to see this day.

Edit: Maybe you can say your character was part of a splinter group of Cenarian circle druids who realized they couldn't stop the destruction, but tried to temper the worst of it and let some prisoners escape/not kill some animals--and made doubly sure that the encroaching armies never found the way into the Dream.

I suspect that RP-wise its going to depend on if people feel more aligned with the faction or their calling as druids. I don't for one minute think that all the taurens are going to lockstep behind this, no matter what miss dollar store zombie queen has to say.

If you decide to play that druid instead, you could say that part of his motivation and new drive to heal Azeroth is to somehow see nature come back from such atrocities. With Anshe and Elune as your witness, your own hands shall plant the seedlings of the future; befitting the might of an Archdruid in dire times.
    Last edited by Asotcha; 2018-03-31 at 12:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    Frankly I've been curious about all this too. I follow the lore and eventually its going to come up. I don't know how Baine will react or the taurens in general, because they were the earliest druids besides the Nelves and even had diplomatic relations back in Cata when everything started going sideways around them.

It could be especially contentious since all the druids just spent a lot of time together in peace living in the Emerald Dreamway itself.

Edit: Maybe you can say your character was part of a splinter group of Cenarian circle druids who realized they couldn't stop the destruction, but tried to temper the worst of it and let some prisoners escape/not kill some animals--and made doubly sure that the encroaching armies never found the way into the Dream.

I suspect that RP-wise its going to depend on if people feel more aligned with the faction or their calling as druids. I don't for one minute think that all the taurens are going to lockstep behind this, no matter what miss dollar store zombie queen has to say.

If you decide to play that druid instead, you could say that part of his motivation and new drive to heal Azeroth is to somehow see nature come back from such atrocities. With Anshe and Elune as your witness, your own hands shall plant the seedlings of the future; befitting the might of an Archdruid in dire times.
    Motivation for the attack on Darkshore is that the Azeroth alternative to real world weapon grade plutonium popped up. Of course you could just leave it be and hope to weather the nuclear shitshow or do what Horde supposedly does kick in the door and prevent their enemies from harvesting it, while getting their hands on it. As to what happens to Teldrassil...probably a cinematic.

No matter which way you look at it full on nuclear war is not gonna win any favors with nature regardless of the side you pick.

The story of legion was that prominent class based factions banded togather for the sake of survival, because both factions were at each others throats more so than ever before.

They sure will.

Just like The Tauren en masse will go along with every other atrocity the Horde Commits at the hands of the hackneyed writers untill they decide to get some character focus and then they'll suddenly be like "ohno" because Blizzard's writing style is atrocious for approaching multiple fronts at once.

Quote Originally Posted by DPA View Post
    It's not okay to chop down trees, but murdering is because someone pointed a finger at told you to.
    You're a hypocrite.
    You're having some weird conversation with yourself, not me. I never said murder was ok. Maybe that was the voices in your head?

- - - Updated - - -

Good ideas.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see how trolls might view this differently than Tauren, especially if you play your troll as Amani rather than Darkspear. As a druid, though, you have studied at Moonglade and presumably care about nature in general. If Horde ends up being pitted against the Loa (Wild Gods - who have fought with Jarod Shadowsong in the past), how will you feel about that? Not saying they will, as we don't know, but would that create a conflict for your character?
    I honestly have to say that if you are RPing as Amani, you are just WRONG. Period. Witherbark, maybe, since you can get the Disgusting Oozling to make yourself green, but Amani? Amani did not join the Horde. Amani leaders have said how much they hate the Horde. You even have Vol'jin going in to beat the Amani while they are down.

You wanna RP as a non-darkspear, RP as Witherbark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

You're having some weird conversation with yourself, not me. I never said murder was ok. Maybe that was the voices in your head?

- - - Updated - - -

Good ideas.
    Wrong, you said it was okay. Unless you never killed anything in WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tttsssrrr View Post
    If the Horde had real druids, the barrens would be a farmland and they wouldn't need to keep raiding the Night Elves to try and take their stuff.
    Yes the druids would be in favour of destroying natural environment or large scale agriculture?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tkioz View Post
    Forced? I dunno, is it forced if I gleefully fling the napalm myself mon? Because those uppity Night Elves are an affront to the Loa!
    The Loa were confirmed to be the same type of being as the Ancient Guardians (Wild God): the wisps, Aviana, and the other returned Ancients are Loa.
    So, Troll druids are about to burn the Loa wisps?
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    The Loa were confirmed to be the same type of being as the Ancient Guardians (Wild God): the wisps, Aviana, and the other returned Ancients are Loa.
    So, Troll druids are about to burn the Loa wisps?
    Not my Loa, so they are my enemies.

Seriously lots of cultures view gods like that, just a rival tribe.

these are good ideas and at the same time a proof of how pathetic blizzards direction is. in a world where i need such mind convincing constructs to justify something in game, that game is just shit.

hopefully this guy on page 1 (that the quest has not the warchief seal) is right and it is just old god mumbo jumbo. otherwise this is the next big nail in the coffin that drives me away from a game that became more and more shit.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2018-03-31 at 10:43 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Except when druid players become an Archdruid of the Cenarion Circle. The Dreamweavers are a subsection of the Cenarion Circle, since they are all led by Malfurion.

The same as shaman players becoming a Farseer of the Earthen Ring, or warlocks becoming a Netherlord of the Black Harvest, or paladins becoming a Highlord of the Silver Hand. Every class either became a leader, or part of a council in a neutral order that was outside the Alliance and Horde.

Which is one of the jarring things about WoW's lore when it comes to Legion and BfA. It wasn't set up very well, in my opinion, to have us fight together, working with neutral orders for the greater good, only to have that crumble one expansion later. There have always been quests that go outside the norm of what our classes would do as well - holy priests most likely wouldn't beat down homeless people, yet that's what happens right away in Westfall on the Alliance.
    And yet the player character is something more. With the Archdruid title, they are essentially the leader of this subsection of the Cenarion Circle, which makes them able to follow their own morals and change the guidelines of the faction around them. Being an official member of the Cenarion Circle before might have prohibited ones actions because of C-C rules, but since you are the leader now, you can just say "fuck the rules".
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Chopping random trees because a random NPC asked is OK, burning Teldrassil because your Warchief ordered you to is not.
    Okay.

Actually the Alliance commander who ordered open fire on unarmed Horde swimming for shore was immediately recognized as being in the wrong and rebuked for their actions. Will we see something similar in Kalimdor?
    An orc is dangerous to a human even "unarmed". A tiger is also "unarmed" and also dangerous. Just go back to Outland and protect the trees there. Azeroth is not your home and never will be.

I recently leveled up a tauren, not even a druid, and found myself wondering if they would really carry out these actions, and why tauren society as a whole is okay with some of this stuff.
    You have this Native based culture actively destroying and defiling native environments, the tauren centric quests are about honor, and nature and spirit quests... and then two minutes later I'm working with the Forsaken to create a plague bomb.
    I can find justification for every other Horde race to be involved with this stuff, but it was jarring to think about with the tauren, particularly with the tone shift of their own quests.

This thread also points out my big problem with the Class Hall garbage; the PC is now in charge of a multi-factional class of varying importance, but is still acting as a relative peon to the Horde warmachine, and betraying half of his followers/soldiers/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DPA View Post
    Wrong, you said it was okay. Unless you never killed anything in WoW.
    Murder is, by definition, a wrongful killing. One that is illegal and premeditated. Most of WoW is fighting those who are written as villains and must be brought to justice. There are occasionally quests like the DK order hall campaign where our characters are made out to be villains. I don't enjoy those and mostly avoid them.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NPI View Post
    An orc is dangerous to a human even "unarmed". A tiger is also "unarmed" and also dangerous. Just go back to Outland and protect the trees there. Azeroth is not your home and never will be.
    No. The soldiers who followed her unlawful order ot shoot unarmed and surrendering combatants committed a War Crime.

Your rationalizations do not justify it.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're not just talking about Teldrassil. Sylvanas wants us to burn Darkshore and Ashenvale.
    Not all of it, just enough to affect the wisp that are making the great wall, but yes, i do understand that this may be "troublesome" for a druid, even more a Tauren Druid.

Not an issue for those who don't read quests or care about the story, but some of us do.

Only one of my alts is a druid, but that one is Tauren. From what we've seen so far, I am left to wonder...
    Can I be true to my druidic values and still fight for the Horde?

If our leveling is all in Zandalar and the war fronts are merely a side game, I don't suppose it will be a real obstacle. We can play around those as conscientious objectors.
    I'm sure the Horde's official position is "The forest will grow back. Just not in filthy Alliance hands this time".

We're not just talking about Teldrassil. Sylvanas wants us to burn Darkshore and Ashenvale.
    I would think that druid members of either faction are on their faction because they believe in the choices (or the wrongs against) that faction. From that angle, I don't see the issue. It could be argued that druids are people and attribute sacredness of a site differently based on their values and experiences.

For instance, IRL, various Christian sects have historically burned, pillaged, raided, etc., places controlled by other Christian sects. Does this invalidate their identities? I think it more illustrates the diverse, frictional nature of any group.

Part of the issue with druids specifically isn't so much their values, I think, as clearly every class is willing to drop their values for faction whims (mages burning/destroying arcane knowledge/tomes/artifacts of other faction). I think the bigger part of the issue has been the "druids are the neutral good and everybody's friend and are saintly wise angels" perspective that got really pushed in Cata.

Maybe part of the solution is looking at how druids of each faction would see events differently, and how that would affect their values, and then demonstrating that in-game so there's less peaceful-druid-only stereotype.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    No. The soldiers who followed her unlawful order ot shoot unarmed and surrendering combatants committed a War Crime.

Your rationalizations do not justify it.
    But was it confirmed they were surrendering? I mean, the Horde is crazy like that. For instance in Tides of War they were trying to attack the Alliance fleet with rowboats.

In fact the Horde troops were scared shitless of Hellscream who would tolerate no defeat. That being said, i don't think they were surrendering. And personal or not, that was a sane order.