Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Moira isn't a cross between healer and damage, Zenyata is a cross between healer and damage. If you think she is damage then you are playing her wrong and part of the reason people here bitch so much about her design.

Moira's damage is mostly intended to be a resource to refill her healing ability which is one of the highest in the game. You should be using healing orbs in 90% of the situations and dps orb is mostly good for chasing down weak half dead flankers trying to make their escape. If you toss it into 2+ targets you are doing jack shit for damage. Your main attack is also jack shit for damage, zenyatta quickly erases opponents from the game, I can with regular one shot at a time kill a doomfist before he lands to stun me. You can't do that with moira.

The worst moira's are the ones who think they are flankers and are no where near their team to help heal. So bad that I just ignore them because they do nothing the whole game. All the enemy has to do is use a dva to suck up your purple balls like power pellets and you have been essentially removed from the game as a dps. Genji deflects it and you just became your teams worst enemy.

The only thing she excels at damaging is Pharah because she can lock on at range. In chautaue she works because no one has a backup healer and you don't need to heal anyone else so you can go full dps and pick up last hits.

Spend your games doing nothing but healing and dps only to fill your heal gauge, watch your win rates skyrocket.
    This sums Moira up.

Moira is the healer that can put out just as much healing as Mercy can, but doesn't feel helpless when dive comes after her. Mercy is a college girl walking alone two miles home after a party half drunk. Moira is a guy walking alone from the same party sober with a concealed weapons permit and handgun. Because Moira can shit on Genji though and isn't a free kill she's seen as being oppressive.

Everytime I see a dps Moira I laugh and switch to Dva, then I gobble up her purple orbs like pac man power pellets all game long. Without that purple orb she is a EXTRA shit dps and since she is dpsing instead of healing she obviously still won't be healing because she is just plain bad at winning. My healer keeps me topped off and armor makes Moira a shit dps so we just ignore her until she is the only target worth nom nom eating for ult charge.
    Can you let people enjoy stuff?

If Moira players who occasionally dps are representative of bad Moira players then you're certainly representative of what a toxic Overwatch player is.

Moira is a hybrid support - she can heal or DPS. She shines with healing (partly because Mercy nerfs) but she is capable at either role.

I've faced a few Brigitte and Moira combos in QP and my god they were so annoying. When those two stick to healing each other they're hard to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by FanaticDreamer View Post
    Can you let people enjoy stuff?

If Moira players who occasionally dps are representative of bad Moira players then you're certainly representative of what a toxic Overwatch player is.

Moira is a hybrid support - she can heal or DPS. She shines with healing (partly because Mercy nerfs) but she is capable at either role.
    She is not hybrid dps. She is just as hybrid dps as Mercy is as Mercy can either hear or shoot. Any healer can heal and do damage, that doesn't make them a hybrid. She Mercy and anna are the highest healing chars in game and yet all 3 can do damage. They are not hybrid healers. Brig is a hybrid healer tank, Zen is a hybrid healer dps. Zen and Brig both have sub par healing but excel in dps/stun-shield. Moira excels in healing, Anna excels in healing, Mercy excels in healing. They can all do damage but that doesn't make them hybrid healers, they are main healers.

You can call me toxic all you want but point out what I said that isn't true. If you spend the game saying, "I will shoot healing orbs and only use damage orbs in very specific situations" you will find that you win far more games. It takes quite a while for a moira to burn down a target and when she is burning she isn't healing and that is when her team loses matches. The time it takes to burn down a medium armored enemy is the time your team dies.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

She is not hybrid dps. She is just as hybrid dps as Mercy is as Mercy can either hear or shoot. Any healer can heal and do damage, that doesn't make them a hybrid. She Mercy and anna are the highest healing chars in game and yet all 3 can do damage. They are not hybrid healers. Brig is a hybrid healer tank, Zen is a hybrid healer dps. Zen and Brig both have sub par healing but excel in dps/stun-shield. Moira excels in healing, Anna excels in healing, Mercy excels in healing. They can all do damage but that doesn't make them hybrid healers, they are main healers.

You can call me toxic all you want but point out what I said that isn't true. If you spend the game saying, "I will shoot healing orbs and only use damage orbs in very specific situations" you will find that you win far more games. It takes quite a while for a moira to burn down a target and when she is burning she isn't healing and that is when her team loses matches. The time it takes to burn down a medium armored enemy is the time your team dies.
    Moira is a hybrid DPS healer and her skillset goes along with this.

What is her primary fire? Biotic Grasp and what can it do? Damage or heal. What is her special ability? Biotic Orb. And what can it do? Heal or DPS. What is her ultimate? Coalescence. What can it do? Heal AND DPS. Her passive (Lifesteal) even encourages you to DPS in order to restore her health. This is in contrast to Mercy who's passive restores her health when she ISN'T in battle thus cementing the difference between the two in terms of roles.

Moira's ultimate in particular is the proof in the pudding so to speak. Moira is the ONLY healer with an offensive Ultimate. Mercy's lets her fly and enhances her healing, Lucio's gives his allies shield, Ana powers up an ally, Brigitte powers up allies, Zen heals all allies etc.

Regardless of your personal feelings the facts don't support your viewpoint. If Moira was only meant to heal, they would have made her ultimate be more passive or they wouldn't have given her a damage version of the Biotic Orb.

That being said, Moira does shine better as a healer. Her HPS is amazing. But to suggest she isn't a capable dps is really disingenuous. She can be dangerous especially to flankers and those who wander upon her alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    First off, I can't get over the spelling, Brigitte...

As a swede, I have never seen, met or heard of anyone named Brigitte in Sweden. We have the name Birgit (common spell) or Birgitte (rare spelling) but putting the R before the I, is NOT a common name in Sweden, even though Birgitte is rare too. We have 22933 Birgit, 646 Birgitte and 911 Brigitte in Sweden. WHY was she not named Birgit, as it's the BY FAR most common spelling, I don't get it. Torbjörn is spelled correct. As a swede, this annoys me more then it prolly should :P

Anyway, I think Brigitte is a fun addition to the game, but her interupt, the shield slam, does need a bit of a nerf, as it counters too much.

And the whole Hybrid idea, I am not sure I like it. It's a cool idea, but for competitive games and proper team setups, I can't think of many scenarios where Moira or Brigitte could match the healing of a Mercy, Lucio, Zenyatta or Ana. Cause even though they are hybrids, their main role would be healer. There is NO possibly chance they could match a Tracer, Soldier or Genji DPS wise and Brigitte is no where near matching ANY of the tanks. So they would take a heal spot, and can Moira or Brigitte match the other healers? In my book, no, they can't. So, while they are fun, I am not sure I think hybrids belong in this game, from a competitive point of view where team comp 2-2-2 is vital.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

What is her primary fire? Biotic Grasp and what can it do? Damage or heal. What is her special ability? Biotic Orb. And what can it do? Heal or DPS. What is her ultimate? Coalescence. What can it do? Heal AND DPS. Her passive (Lifesteal) even encourages you to DPS in order to restore her health. This is in contrast to Mercy who's passive restores her health when she ISN'T in battle thus cementing the difference between the two in terms of roles.

Moira's ultimate in particular is the proof in the pudding so to speak. Moira is the ONLY healer with an offensive Ultimate. Mercy's lets her fly and enhances her healing, Lucio's gives his allies shield, Ana powers up an ally, Brigitte powers up allies, Zen heals all allies etc.

Regardless of your personal feelings the facts don't support your viewpoint. If Moira was only meant to heal, they would have made her ultimate be more passive or they wouldn't have given her a damage version of the Biotic Orb.

That being said, Moira does shine better as a healer. Her HPS is amazing. But to suggest she isn't a capable dps is really disingenuous. She can be dangerous especially to flankers and those who wander upon her alone.
    Primary fire is healing, alternate fire is damage. Primary fire only heals, it does not "damage or heal". Alternate fire damages. Mei's primary fire freezes, her alternate fire fires for damage. She isn't a capable dps, she is on the lower end of dps and the higher end of healing. Zen has high dps and low end healing. Thus Zen is a hybrid and moira is not.

Also her ult does 140 healing and 70 dps, which pretty much states that she is twice as strong as a healer than dps and if you are using it to dps your enemy instead of primarily keeping your team alive you are only getting half the value from it that you could be getting.

Thus regardless of your personal feelings the facts dont support your viewpoint. You cant counter my viewpoint with your viewpoint just because you think your viewpoint is a fact. You can't even get the fact straight that her primary fire isnt both damage and heal. Primary fire is the left button, alternate is right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post

As a swede, I have never seen, met or heard of anyone named Brigitte in Sweden. We have the name Birgit (common spell) or Birgitte (rare spelling) but putting the R before the I, is NOT a common name in Sweden, even though Birgitte is rare too. We have 22933 Birgit, 646 Birgitte and 911 Brigitte in Sweden. WHY was she not named Birgit, as it's the BY FAR most common spelling, I don't get it. Torbjörn is spelled correct. As a swede, this annoys me more then it prolly should :P

Anyway, I think Brigitte is a fun addition to the game, but her interupt, the shield slam, does need a bit of a nerf, as it counters too much.

And the whole Hybrid idea, I am not sure I like it. It's a cool idea, but for competitive games and proper team setups, I can't think of many scenarios where Moira or Brigitte could match the healing of a Mercy, Lucio, Zenyatta or Ana. Cause even though they are hybrids, their main role would be healer. There is NO possibly chance they could match a Tracer, Soldier or Genji DPS wise and Brigitte is no where near matching ANY of the tanks. So they would take a heal spot, and can Moira or Brigitte match the other healers? In my book, no, they can't. So, while they are fun, I am not sure I think hybrids belong in this game, from a competitive point of view where team comp 2-2-2 is vital.
    Since moira's pee stream is aoe and her healing orb is aoe her healing is on the higher end especially if your team can group up. Her dps orb on the other hand loses its strength when hitting more than one target. Her ult also does far more damage than healing which pierces so if you use it mostly to heal your team with benefit that she can do dps then you will keep everyone filled up.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

What is her primary fire? Biotic Grasp and what can it do? Damage or heal. What is her special ability? Biotic Orb. And what can it do? Heal or DPS. What is her ultimate? Coalescence. What can it do? Heal AND DPS. Her passive (Lifesteal) even encourages you to DPS in order to restore her health. This is in contrast to Mercy who's passive restores her health when she ISN'T in battle thus cementing the difference between the two in terms of roles..
    Ana's gun can heal or damage too. So can her grenade and unlike Moira's she doesn't need to pick, it can damage and heal at the same time!

Zenyatta and Lucio can both fire their guns while healing and Zenyatta even has a damage steroid.

So is the definition of hybrid now just... everyone who isn't Mercy, since she has to choose between shooting her gun or healing with her staff? Or maybe not even Mercy, since Moira has the same kind of decision making too.

Quote Originally Posted by Squiggit View Post
    Ana's gun can heal or damage too. So can her grenade and unlike Moira's she doesn't need to pick, it can damage and heal at the same time!

Zenyatta and Lucio can both fire their guns while healing and Zenyatta even has a damage steroid.

So is the definition of hybrid now just... everyone who isn't Mercy, since she has to choose between shooting her gun or healing with her staff? Or maybe not even Mercy, since Moira has the same kind of decision making too.
    NO Anna does not heal and damage at the same time. It either heals or it damages based on which target is in the path of the dart first. If it hits an enemy it damages, if it hits an ally first it heals, her grenade has a lo g cool down and can’t be counted on a regular basis to do the healing.If it hit an enemy and damaged them while healing the ally right next to them then it would heal and damage at the same time. Her grenade heals and damages at the same time based on who is in the aoe. It also stops enemies from healing for a short time. Every healer is capable of doing damage, that doesn’t automatically make of them hybrid. The hybrid healers always have reduced healing for a trade off of some other abilities. Zen, Lucio, brig are back up healers and Anna/Moira/Mercy are maim healers because their healing is high end.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-03-31 at 08:46 PM.

Primary fire is healing, alternate fire is damage. Primary fire only heals, it does not "damage or heal". Alternate fire damages. Mei's primary fire freezes, her alternate fire fires for damage. She isn't a capable dps, she is on the lower end of dps and the higher end of healing. Zen has high dps and low end healing. Thus Zen is a hybrid and moira is not.
    Her hands are named the same. She can damage or heal with them. So I'm not sure how you disagreed with me here. And Mei is capable of sick things in the right hands, So I'm not sure of your point. As for Zen, he is also a hybrid - yes. Support means "support" the team in whatever way the character is designed to do so.

Also her ult does 140 healing and 70 dps, which pretty much states that she is twice as strong as a healer than dps and if you are using it to dps your enemy instead of primarily keeping your team alive you are only getting half the value from it that you could be getting.
    It's irrelevant how much healing / dps her ult does - simply that it can function as either. I'm not debating that she is a more effective healer - though I don't know why you seem to be arguing that because her healing / dps isn't equal she isn't a hybrid? By that logic (and your own) Zen wouldn't be a hybrid since his healing is much lower than his damage.

Thus regardless of your personal feelings the facts dont support your viewpoint. You cant counter my viewpoint with your viewpoint just because you think your viewpoint is a fact.
    Actually the facts do support my view point. As I said, her abilities either let her heal or DPS. Her passive encourages DPS. Her healing encourages DPS because if you don't DPS you won't refill your meter quickly. Also on the official website she is listed as such: "Moira’s biotic abilities enable her to contribute healing or damage in any crisis. While Biotic Grasp gives Moira short-range options, her Biotic Orbs contribute longer-range, hands-off damage and healing; she can also Fade to escape groups or remain close to allies in need of support."

This differs from other support / healers who have their healing listed as their primary function. So unless you think you know better than the company that created her, I'm going to stick with her being a hybrid.

you can't even get the fact straight that her primary fire isnt both damage and heal. Primary fire is the left button, alternate is right.
    You're grasping at straws here. You knew exactly what I meant. Biotic Grasp is the name of the ability in question - the two hands aren't named differently they're both Biotic Grasp. And Biotic Grasp can either heal (left hand) or deal damage (right hand) but they're the same ability - you have to choose whether to damage or heal with it. And it's even listed as such when you go to her abilities in game. I can't tell if you're being obtuse or just trolling at this point but yeah. Moira is a hybrid.

Every healer is capable of doing damage, that doesn’t automatically make of them hybrid.
    Yeah, that was exactly my point

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post

Because she was not named by her swedish parents, but by her german godfather Reinhardt.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely love Brigitte. She's so fun and she's useful.

Currently holding close to a 4 KDA on her. Have had multiple high Kill Streaks - 16 being the highest. She is a machine.

My only thing I wonder though, is there some weird thing that stops Supports from getting PotG's? or do they require a different Metric? Multiple times I've done like triple/quadra kills solo on the Enemy teams and then some Hanzo or Genji has gotten the PotG doing an assisted double kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Meat Rubbing Specialist View Post
    I absolutely love Brigitte. She's so fun and she's useful.

Currently holding close to a 4 KDA on her. Have had multiple high Kill Streaks - 16 being the highest. She is a machine.

My only thing I wonder though, is there some weird thing that stops Supports from getting PotG's? or do they require a different Metric? Multiple times I've done like triple/quadra kills solo on the Enemy teams and then some Hanzo or Genji has gotten the PotG doing an assisted double kill.
    If they kill someone doing an ult it counts for more, it is called a shut down. If you shut down + kill someone it counts for more than the three, maybe even 4. Environmental kills are worth more too, when a lucio kills 3 people with a boop off a cliff it pretty much takes a team kill ult wipe to beat it.

Moira is absolutely a damage/heal hybrid, she's just not balanced at 50/50 damage/healing. She's somewhere about 33/66 leaning heals, which coincidentally is also the ratio of her ult's damage/healing.

Zen is high dps with lower healing and a burst healing ult. Moira is higher healing with (much) lower DPS and a healing skewed hybrid ult.

Hybrids don't need to be 50/50 splits all the time, and that's a really good thing as far as I'm concerned.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they kill someone doing an ult it counts for more, it is called a shut down. If you shut down + kill someone it counts for more than the three, maybe even 4. Environmental kills are worth more too, when a lucio kills 3 people with a boop off a cliff it pretty much takes a team kill ult wipe to beat it.
    Ahh I see, cheers for explaining that. I just figured it was kind of a "hey look this guy did X amount of damage and kills themselves in a timeframe" just seemed Odd to be doing multikills and not getting a PotG over a double kill.