Voters
291. This poll is closed
  • I agree

44 15.12%
  • I disagree

247 84.88%
Page 1 of 31
... LastLast

Should wearing make up be banned in the workplace?

According to Jordan Peterson wearing make up in the workplace is sexually provocative and invites advances. Apparently wearing red lips according to him is also a massive sexual provocation. I personally don't agree with this but shockingly many people think this same way. I think make up is just an extension of self expression like wearing a colourful tie or socks. If I was female I would definitely wear it. What about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    No, that's retarded.
    You don't think its hypocritical to cry sexism while wearing red lips? (This is what they are saying, I agree with you)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I think it’s fine.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

So I googled it, and I gotta say, that is the dumbest fucking thing i have seen him push so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    According to Jordan Peterson
    Who?

shockingly many people think this same way
    How do you know?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

The anti-makeup lunatics are really one of the weirder developments from red pill thinking.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to Jordan Peterson wearing make up in the workplace is sexually provocative and invites advances. Apparently wearing red lips according to him is also a massive sexual provocation. I personally don't agree with this but shockingly many people think this same way. I think make up is just an extension of self expression like wearing a colourful tie or socks. If I was female I would definitely wear it. What about you?
    Where is your source that "shockingly many people think this same way"?

Also if anyone does think that way, that is a problem with them, the belief that other people can't control their desires and impulses. No one should be forced to dress or look a certain way to avoid being preyed upon.

Depends on if the makeup is applied correctly. Skank makeup is inappropriate.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Or perhaps the guys feeling that way, can learn some damned self-control... It would begin with make-up being "seen as a sexual invite", and end up with women needing to wear Niqabs so as to not trigger and distract the sex-crazed minority.

Deleted
    well from a purely biological standpoint he has a point makeup was entirly invented to make a woman more sexually attractive. should the be allowed to wear it in the work place ? think it depends on taste a little bit for a self confidence yea but coming in looking like a hooker, unless you actually are a hooker is not acceptable.

unlike what Jordon Paterson says about it being a sexual thing i find it more of a respect thing, if you look like a fucking clown in gonna treat you like a clown.

Quote Originally Posted by Laozi View Post
    well from a purely biological standpoint he has a point makeup was entirly invented to make a woman more sexually attractive. should the be allowed to wear it in the work place ? think it depends on taste a little bit for a self confidence yea but coming in looking like a hooker, unless you actually are a hooker is not acceptable.

unlike what Jordon Paterson says about it being a sexual thing i find it more of a respect thing, if you look like a fucking clown in gonna treat you like a clown.
    A woman using makeup at work looks like a hooker?

I assume this is what the OP is referring to? It sounds a little different.

"In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    And how is this argument any different from the fundamentalist Muslims who want all women to wear burqas because men can't restrain their base urges if they see a flash of ankle?

It isn't. It's the exact same stupid dehumanizing bullshit. Peterson's said a lot of colossally stupid things, but this takes the fucking cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Laozi View Post

I really hope you don't have a clown fetish.

pfffFFFFTT!

of course Peterson thinks that, and that makes him an idiot. this is the trendy new philosopher everyone is clamoring over? Jesus Tiddy Fucking Christ.

While I dont care about wearing make up at work, out and about or w/e, are people actually acting like sexy red lips aren't sexy?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I assume this is what the OP is referring to.
    If it's referring to that, then this guy is an idiot, and the entire question is moot.

If his answer to "Can men and women work in the same place" and his answer is "I dont know, not for 40 years"... yeah. Hard stop on any useful discussion.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Sometimes people have opinions so objectively ridiculous that we should just ignore them, instead of sharing them with others/creating a forum thread about it.

Deleted
    If you're going to start a thread on this at least get the point he made quoted properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    The anti-makeup lunatics are really one of the weirder developments from red pill thinking.
    The makeup lunatics are really one of the weirder developments from paedophile thinking.