Well i got Alpha email 5 days ago but i had option to install Alpha like a week before that.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Well i got Alpha email 5 days ago but i had option to install Alpha like a week before that.
    I've been in the beta for 2 weeks, still haven't gotten my email

Sylvanas is leading the Horde in a way to ensure it survives in a dying world. A World that is bleeding out weapons of mass destruction level blood. That changes everything. Before when it was about trees and iron and gold, Sylvanas wouldn't care all that much as long as she felt her borders were secure, and her people were still....around.

But with Azerite being a thing, there is so much potential for anyone to blow the crap out of the Horde or Alliance it isn't even funny. Azerite infused bullets that can blow up a wall. Azerite tipped arrows that can vaporize your arm. Azerite powered explosives that can vaporize an entire city....and this stuff is coming up all over the planet. A kobold with an Azerite candle and stock of the stuff could accidentally blow up an entire zone from one of their massive mines. That's how bad this could be.

So Sylvanas needs to make a choice...and choice she probably doesn't want to make. Save the Horde. Everything else will either join the Horde or die to ensure the Horde's survival. Sure she can raise the dead later to serve the Horde, but only about a third of the dead actually will serve. Another third will be mindless and likely need to be put down. The other third will not join her, and also probably need to be put down.
    Last edited by Ithekro; 2018-03-31 at 09:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    It took them 3 days to send me the email as well. At least we're in Let's test it properly!
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

I think BfA is going to suffer a similar problem to MoP’s “lol pandas” perception.

There are so many people who assume BfA is a PvP xpac. And that warfronts are a PvP feature. Even though neither are true. And misconceptions like that just never get changed.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I cant take it dudes, I just want alpha!
    Go kill M Argus, might be late for that though.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Deleted
    im curious, and since i dont want to watch zone playthroughs i'll ask here.
    Are there any azerite based quests/questlines in the zones? or is it just some mechanic thats there but not really spoken of, i guess it might be reserved for 120 content/faction war quests :x

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GenKIDama View Post
    Are there any azerite based quests/questlines in the zones? or is it just some mechanic thats there but not really spoken of, i guess it might be reserved for 120 content/faction war quests :x
    Did a bunch of quests in Kul'tiras, some quests award azerite but most don't (currently, anyway.)

I think it's safe to assume that it is like Legion's artifact power - In that it probably will be trickled to you throughout leveling and then dumped in huge amounts at max level content.
    Butts.

Quote Originally Posted by GenKIDama View Post
    Heart of Azeroth levels increase the itemlevel of your necklace and unlock azerite traits on gear.

There will be sone sort of xatchup dump later in the expansion, but probably not to the extent AP got.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Invites aren't even being sent out for Argus kills yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde View Post
    snip
    please, just go away.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde View Post
    You guys ready for the playable Alliance High Elf announcement tomorrow? I can't wait guys, it's gonna be glorious!
    I hope tommorow being Easter Sunday isn't going to stop them from announcing glorious new features and games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    Sylvanas is leading the Horde in a way to ensure it survives in a dying world. A World that is bleeding out weapons of mass destruction level blood. That changes everything. Before when it was about trees and iron and gold, Sylvanas wouldn't care all that much as long as she felt her borders were secure, and her people were still....around.

But with Azerite being a thing, there is so much potential for anyone to blow the crap out of the Horde or Alliance it isn't even funny. Azerite infused bullets that can blow up a wall. Azerite tipped arrows that can vaporize your arm. Azerite powered explosives that can vaporize an entire city....and this stuff is coming up all over the planet. A kobold with an Azerite candle and stock of the stuff could accidentally blow up an entire zone from one of their massive mines. That's how bad this could be.

So Sylvanas needs to make a choice...and choice she probably doesn't want to make. Save the Horde. Everything else will either join the Horde or die to ensure the Horde's survival. Sure she can raise the dead later to serve the Horde, but only about a third of the dead actually will serve. Another third will be mindless and likely need to be put down. The other third will not join her, and also probably need to be put down.
    The problem with your argument is that her methods will at best serve as a band-aid. If her intel is that bad that she things it's only in silithus then maybe her approach makes sense.. if she already conqured the zone and secured it (which she didn't). In a world where that is the case the #1 priority should be to try and fix this, that is actually something where the class order halls of shamans and druids would be invaluable. Starting a full out faction war will solve nothing, unless you plan to win it by nuking your opened as an opener. Since that is not the case it's just a bad move, no matter if Teldrassil was an accident or not.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't and still got it. His chances are probably just as high if he unsubs right now..

7+ Year Old Account
    What was previous year first April joke?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I hope tommorow being Easter Sunday isn't going to stop them from announcing glorious new features and games.
    All these alpha invites might be jokes though, we will know once we finished downloading the 47 gb client that the installer claimed only needs 40gb of disk space.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    What was previous year first April joke?
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/2017_April_Fools

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Invites aren't even being sent out for Argus kills yet.
    Can you confirm that? Because my group got the inv.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I didn't and still got it. His chances are probably just as high if he unsubs right now..
    It's not a guaranteed way to get invite, but it helps. Just as being youtuber, streamer, dataminer or newswriter helps.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    All these alpha invites might be jokes though, we will know once we finished downloading the 47 gb client that the installer claimed only needs 40gb of disk space.
    No, once the option appears in your bnet-client, you're already in. To achieve the effect you want they'd have to send out fake invite emails.

It's not a guaranteed way to get invite, but it helps. Just as being youtuber, streamer, dataminer or newswriter helps.
    Apparently saying that Blizzard employs the biggest horde of amateur code-monkeys does so as well.. lol. You're right with streamers though, in general the influencer crowd is in high demand, which made the first couple of invites fairly obvious.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2018-03-31 at 04:52 PM. Reason: spelling

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valnoressa View Post
    Did a bunch of quests in Kul'tiras, some quests award azerite but most don't (currently, anyway.)

I think it's safe to assume that it is like Legion's artifact power - In that it probably will be trickled to you throughout leveling and then dumped in huge amounts at max level content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Heart of Azeroth levels increase the itemlevel of your necklace and unlock azerite traits on gear.

There will be sone sort of xatchup dump later in the expansion, but probably not to the extent AP got.
    thanks but i know how it works, i was moreso asking if theres any storydriven quests for it, or if "its just powerful titan blood we use for power" is the main story directive for it and we dont really fight over it and just get it from rewards as a side thing, like actual quests which focus on azerite itself