Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Are you guys just trolling or are you really, unironically complaining that levitate not being "creepy" or "shadowy" is ruining the spec.

Do we even play the same game? lmao.

Imo Torrent doesn't need to become baseline, it's clunky and doesn't really mesh with the rest of shadow's kit. Sphere of insanity also feels clunky and added "on top" of the rest of our kit. Scrap it. SW Death to become a base spell again, replaced with some talent. Keep tentacle visual procs on ourselves, and find some way to add void tendrils. Perhaps in the talent tier Death is in (as it's an insanity generator tier).

+1 for a shadow themed shield, similar to the Mage spec barriers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliekcookies View Post
    WoW is like heroine among MMORPGs. Once you're hooked, it's an addiction. You can't go back to anything weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Trilic View Post
    Are you guys just trolling or are you really, unironically complaining that levitate not being "creepy" or "shadowy" is ruining the spec.
    Nobody's saying that is gamebreaking. That is just "something more" that doesn't fit at all with 33% of the Priest's spec.

Keep in mind that the Shadow Priest is one of the spec with the least amount of visuals. MindBlast/SWD/DoTs have either a tiny effect or not at all. MindFlay, Void Torrent and VoidEruption/Bolt have a visual effect but that's it - and VoidTorrent will fall into the abyss of "lol nope" as soon as BfA's prepatch hits. So that's a shame that some of our spells have a glowy shiny effect rather than a darker one, even though they're not part of our DPS rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Shadow has always been screwed over by holy and disc in the visual departments because the vast majority of tier sets and class wide effects are that garbage holy/light effects.

Revamp to shadow shield, dark trail on levitate, and return sphere of insanity, tentacle proc, and void torrent baseline into the spec.

To me, the spec is losing so much visually by losing sphere of insanity and the tentacle procs on top of void torrent.
    Been playing Shadow for all of Legion. At this point I had genuinly forgotten that we had a Gold trait called Sphere of Insanity, let alone that it had a visual.

Zooming in really close on my char now, I'm assuming it's the little Shadow ball just sitting still in the air in front of you at the point you were standing when popping VoiEr?

When ppl are complaining about losing things that I had no idea we had 1st world problems I guess.

Give me back old Shadowform, that's the only visual we need.
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2018-04-03 at 04:32 PM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Been playing Shadow for all of Legion. At this point I had genuinly forgotten that we had a Gold trait called that, let alone that it had a visual.

Zooming in really close on my char now, I'm assuming it's the little Shadow ball just sitting still in the air in front you at the point you were standing when popping VoiEr?

When ppl are complaining about losing things that I had no idea we had 1st world problems I guess.

Give me back old Shadowform, that's the only visual we need.
    HOW DARE YOU?!

The tentacles and balls are glorious, you shall not diss them.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The tentacles are nice, the ball is hard to notice at all
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    The tentacles are nice, the ball is hard to notice at all
    Used to be bigger in alpha (and so were the tentacles, which also appeared right away instead of just at really high void form stacks).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    You must be new here. Leaving the spec in a barely working, unfun and generally underdeveloped state has been Blizzard's MO for Shadow for the last 6 years.

Here, I threw together a quick flow chart for anybody looking to play Shadow:
    Well they were powerful in this expansion, but with the "NERF EVERYTHING" approach they're heading with BfA, Shadow is getting hit real hard.

I imagine I'm in the minority, but I miss old shadow, where we didn't do the most damage but our raid healing wasn't cooldown based.

Hey guys mind sear now generates 5 insanity

Such great changes. Let's still ignore the fact that swd is still a talent on an aoe talent line but noooooo shackle undead of all things needed a mana cost increase

I just can't anymore
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Hey guys mind sear now generates 5 insanity

Such great changes. Let's still ignore the fact that swd is still a talent on an aoe talent line but noooooo shackle undead of all things needed a mana cost increase

I just can't anymore
    Stop being so negative we have an awesome Tier 4 Azerite talent with this build.

Mind Sear deals an additional 0 damage to enemies suffering from your Shadow Word: Pain.
    That's so fucking much better than the previous +1sec to SWP we had before, thanks Blizzard, can't wait to loot this awesome piece of Azerite bullshit on a Mythic boss just to enhance slightly MindSear in MM+ dungeons (given that I am able to actually apply Pain to all targets before they get rekt by literally every other spec in the game).

the way this spec is shaping up is reminding me a lot of legion subtlety during beta. right now shadow is in the "fix in 8.x.5" bin so my advice would be to choose a spec that actually got a human being to look at and are actively making changes to.

none of you deserve to be shit on by the people in charge of your class. over the course of legion we lost mind sear as an active and lingering insanity baseline which in turn meant we lost a talent row too because it was so dominant

now they want to take 2 spells away from your baseline kit. this spec just keeps losing and losing. i'm not saying they won't ever do a pass but to ignore it for this long simply means they don't give a shit because it's going to be "fixed" later on in the expansion

from my own experience with these clowns, at least start thinking of where you would jump ship to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Stop being so negative we have an awesome Tier 4 Azerite talent with this build.

That's so fucking much better than the previous +1sec to SWP we had before, thanks Blizzard, can't wait to loot this awesome piece of Azerite bullshit on a Mythic boss just to enhance slightly MindSear in MM+ dungeons (given that I am able to actually apply Pain to all targets before they get rekt by literally every other spec in the game).
    what I find interesting is the shackle undead mana increase

someone actually had to test shackle undead. Literally someone had to be like "whoa shackle undead cost too little mana let's increase it"

like wut
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    That trait is god damn aweful.

Mind Sear and SW:P inherently do not work together. You either DoT, or you Sear. You won't do both. SW:Ps duration is just that low.
    Further, you never buff Mind Sears damage without buffing Mind Flays damage (or the other way around), regardless in what way.

Even worse this patch: PW:S got a 6 second cooldown for shadow (reduced by haste), and Body and Soul got a 6 sec cooldown (not reduced by haste). You pretty need a hideous week aura now to track the B&S cooldown, as it doesn't sync with PW:S cooldown (since shadow still will gear haste). That's just horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    what I find interesting is the shackle undead mana increase

someone actually had to test shackle undead. Literally someone had to be like "whoa shackle undead cost too little mana let's increase it"

like wut
    Maybe the next step for Shadow's balance is to increase the mana cost of Mind Vision too, I can spam it without ever getting oom

So, what's a good rDPS spec to reroll for BFA? Something with good AoE, ST, burst, utility, survivability, etc. Aff, MM, Ele?

Between the complete ignorance of shadow's issues from developers, and the fact that every priest quest insists "light good, void evil," they definitely just have no idea what to do with this spec any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    HOW DARE YOU?!

The tentacles and balls are glorious, you shall not diss them.
    Tentacles are glorious. Sphere is irrelevant (hence me not even knowing it had a visual).
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    So, what's a good rDPS spec to reroll for BFA? Something with good AoE, ST, burst, utility, survivability, etc. Aff, MM, Ele?
    Arcane Mage.

No, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Tentacles are glorious. Sphere is irrelevant (hence me not even knowing it had a visual).
    You have no appreciation for the finer things in life >;(

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Arcane Mage.

No, seriously.
    Haven't followed mage changes, what's going on with Arcane that makes it good?