Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sgthotrod View Post
    LOL really? Ever here of a little place called Crimea? Russia pulled that off pretty easily and nobody did shit.
    Well, people did a lot of things. But Crimea is a wholly different thing in that regard, due to no one involved wanting to start an actual WWIII, as well as either having the population of Crimea on its side, or sufficiently suppressing it by force, whichever may truly be the case. More should have been done in my opinion, but Palestine, if fully recognized as a state, could be far more successful in appealing to the UN. Sadly, international law is only as strong as countries are willing to enforce it, which is a shame. Greater powers always get more leeway with such things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Bad argument.
    The Nazi's were also Nazi's, despite there still being Jews alive.

Israel will exist in its current way as long as the USA keeps supporting it. And that won't be for much longer.

It's the contrary.
    Every time Israel keeps killing innocent people, they destroy the goodwill they have with the west.
    And you don't just give up and walk away when you're under hostile occupation. You fight back.
    Keep living your dream buddy, now if you don't mind - I have to prep to celebrate 70th Independence Day. If you mind - fuck you.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I watched the video of this case, Why where they running out to get a tire? And knowing they might be shot at?
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Defending themselves in another country? lol. Look at the map, you'll realize the clash happened in Palestinian land according to UN (the whole world). Beside if one party does not have lethal weapons, you gotta use non-lethal weapons (gaz, water jet, paintball, or at worst lead bullets..).
    Also the terrorism call is beyond stupid. Calling a group terrorists, grants you the right to kill them without going on trial.
    Everytime Israel annex more land from palestinian there are palestinian resisting and it is these people they call terrorists (which are people fighting to keep their home for their family). Thus, they can steal their land and kill the resistance without getting sanctioned.
    When they went to war with Lebanon and ravaged half of the country, an organisation names Hesbollah came to save Lebanon and repeal Israel.. They put them on terrorist list... For your info, these groups also declared that Israel is a terrorist state however your media decided to side with one party and to feed one with propaganda.
    There's a few problems with this story btw,
    1. If Israel was firing indiscriminately at crowds of Palestinians, then more than 15 of them would be killed. There are thousands of Palestinians along that border wall and 10 of the 15 killed were throwing Molotov cocktails/ tires/ or rocks at the Israelis. Yes it's sad that Israelis may have killed an innocent man, but when theres thousands of Palestinians along that area and only 15 of them are dead then doesn't that mean Israel is using some restraint? Israel has also been broadcasting messages all day over a loud speaker informing everyone to stay away from that area.

The Palestinians spent 15M on this little media charade, while their country is in a state of economic collapse. Doesn't seem very responsible to me at all. Infact this seems like a distraction.

The UN is basically just a hack organisation that's full time job is to basically pass resolutions against Israel. See here for evidence.

It starts after 1 minute in.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    There's a few problems with this story btw,
    1. If Israel was firing indiscriminately at crowds of Palestinians, then more than 15 of them would be killed. There are thousands of Palestinians along that border wall and 10 of the 15 killed were throwing Molotov cocktails/ tires/ or rocks at the Israelis. Yes it's sad that Israelis may have killed an innocent man, but when theres thousands of Palestinians along that area and only 15 of them are dead then doesn't that mean Israel is using some restraint? Israel has also been broadcasting messages all day over a loud speaker informing everyone to stay away from that area.

The Palestinians spent 15M on this little media charade, while their country is in a state of economic collapse. Doesn't seem very responsible to me at all. Infact this seems like a distraction.

The UN is basically just a hack organisation that's full time job is to basically pass resolutions against Israel. See here for evidence.

It starts after 1 minute in.
    Still Israel Army was in Palestine. Also the money they put in these events is important for them. It is to show the world they exist and it is their only weapon. Call them poor, they wouldnt be as poor if Israel didnt steal their farm land and their water and the few things they manufacture (thanks to EU, they forced Israel to stop labeling palestinian products as Israeli products).
    Nevertheless, the most important thing is the following line. The news people read in the whole free country of USA is censured. Online and on newspaper, you are not shown the truth about what is happening there (maybe because of some biased powerful lobbies who are integrated deep within USA's government). This is the only reason why the whole world has a different stance on the Israeli issue. It is not because we think differently, it is because you guys have fake news.
    I bet the 14 times a palestinian stabbed an israeli you heard about it in the news but you've never heard of the thousand civilians and children who got killed and the huge amount of land they steal frequently. I bet you heard that Israel is kind and give free water and gaz to palestinian but you've never heard that they stole the whole source from them.

When Turkey gets it's own nukes, Israel will be full on calling for peace, and they won't be pretending.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    When Turkey gets it's own nukes, Israel will be full on calling for peace, and they won't be pretending.
    I didn't know Turkey and Israel were in a state of war.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    I didn't know Turkey and Israel were in a state of war.
    You need to pay more attention to Turkey's politics. (When it appeared that Turkey was going to go full on Islamic State some years back, the US said flat out if that happens we'll push you out of NATO. So, they pulled away from that idea...then)
    And they're just one country away from Israel. (Syria)
    And if the US finally gives Israel the heave, and burns the Camp David Accords...well...Turkey's politics will likely get hot.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to pay more attention to Turkey's politics. (When it appeared that Turkey was going to go full on Islamic State some years back, the US said flat out if that happens we'll push you out of NATO. So, they pulled away from that idea...then)
    And they're just one country away from Israel. (Syria)
    And if the US finally gives Israel the heave, and burns the Camp David Accords...well...Turkey's politics will likely get hot.
    That's a lot of ifs and maybes there, buddy. Turkey has shitton on its plate as it is for Israel to be on top of that, after they gotta keep killing Kurds, while simultaneously trying to play it bigger than they are in Syria alongside God-Emperor Erdogan hunting down opposition and general Turkey being bad apple vibes from EU.

They have a lot in their to do list and I doubt Israel is one of those, they have enough issues as is. Heck they had a "coup" attempt like what... two years ago or so? Although I'd imagine it would make sense for Erdogan to do just about any ME shithole leader does when things go bad - Israel did it! All attack it - not me, I'm da savior!

Israel - the eternal incompetence and mismanagement scrapegoat of the fickle leaders in ME region.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2018-04-03 at 09:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Israel has nukes. Has for a long time.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    But Turkey doesn't. At least not their own. (US has some stored there however)

10+ Year Old Account
    But Turkey doesn't. At least not their own. (US has some stored there however)
    And? Several countries do which have had in the past them pointed at each other. Namely during the Cold War. Even now, you better believe there are some ready to launch in the direction of a attack. Israel is not going to be intimidated by any country which has nukes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Since like the 60s I think they partnered with the French if I am not mistaken.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

And? Several countries do which have had in the past them pointed at each other. Namely during the Cold War. Even now, you better believe there are some ready to launch in the direction of a attack. Israel is not going to be intimidated by any country which has nukes.
    The point is the country/s willing to use them.
    Israel has long said it doesn't give a rat's ass about what the US says. They will kill US soldiers again, and they know we won't do a thing about it except toss political bullshit at them. If the US ever finally gives them the well-deserved abandonment, A nuclear-armed Islamic-state of Turkey (which isn't far-fetched at all...and yeah, that's crazy) will get them talking fast. Because they know even a near-miss...isn't. And you know Syria will be more than happy to give them their blessing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point is the country/s willing to use them.
    Israel has long said it doesn't give a rat's ass about what the US says. They will kill US soldiers again, and they know we won't do a thing about it except toss political bullshit at them. If the US ever finally gives them the well-deserved abandonment, A nuclear-armed Islamic-state of Turkey (which isn't far-fetched at all...and yeah, that's crazy) will get them talking fast. Because they know even a near-miss...isn't. And you know Syria will be more than happy to give them their blessing.
    Israel can take care of itself and the US will keep them supplied with military gear to do it. Better believe they have a backup plan if they are attacked with nukes. Conventional weapons? No other Arab nation can take them on.

Ah, the old bullshit "arguments" here in this thread, like:
    1. Israel should not exist - Yeah, dude, after 70 years, maybe you should get a hint. They are here to stay, so your argument is a waste of space. It is the same as saying that France should not exist.
    2. It exists only because USA supports it - read on the support from the West, how Israel mostly has stood alone. It would suddenly collapse... why? Because magic fairies?
    3. Israel has done nothing for the peace prospect - another "I chose to ignore reality" blah blah. Oslo Accords, Camp David Summit, hello?
    Palestine was offereded almot everything and they chose not to, to keep all or nothing approach. That is not how negotiations work. And who tanked them? Mr. Arafat, someone who became very wealthy... how, again?
    4. Israel indiscriminately kills arabs - hello, another bullshit. Israel is the only country in the world, who sends SMS to warn civilians, the only country in the world to do the "double tap" with dummy rockets to clear houses before they are destroyed, not to mention simpler stuff like leaflets and loudspeakers.
    Do you think there would be less than 20 dead during these protests if they just opened up on protesters? Single soldier could do that without reloading. They obviously do not shoot at protesters "just because".

Even Egypt is blockading the fricking Gaza. Why? Actually, the best example as to why is Israel's withdraval from Gaza, on their own, to the every last jew back in 2005. What happened afterwards? Nonstop rocket attacks.

Arghh.... Pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    The left needs to explain why they hate Israel so much. Is it because they are antisemitic or because they hate the fact that Israel is an open democracy surrounded by authoritarian governments? Given that Israel is a progressive country and the only place you can be openly gay in the middle east, I'm going to bet on the former.
    It is an artificial state created by the world powers after WW2 occupying the land belonging to the Palestinians, who are massively oppressed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    2. It exists only because USA supports it - read on the support from the West, how Israel mostly has stood alone. It would suddenly collapse... why? Because magic fairies?
    If Israel was completely economically boycotted it would collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    The people are angry.
    Call and write to your congressman. Tell them that supporting Israel's murder of Palestinians and stealing their land and water is WRONG! You and the rest of the world KNOW it is. And support groups like "If American's Knew" and "Washington Report on Middle East Affairs." Also, support Israeli groups such as "Breaking the Silence" and B'Tselem. It's the RIGHT think to do! Thanks!
    Hell the people have been angry about giving government money to people who shouldn't even be here in the 1st place. I'm sure you writing letters that they wont read will fix this right up.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Ah, the old bullshit "arguments" here in this thread, like:
    1. Israel should not exist - Yeah, dude, after 70 years, maybe you should get a hint. They are here to stay, so your argument is a waste of space. It is the same as saying that France should not exist.
    3. Israel has done nothing for the peace prospect - another "I chose to ignore reality" blah blah. Oslo Accords, Camp David Summit, hello?
    Palestine was offereded almot everything and they chose not to, to keep all or nothing approach. That is not how negotiations work. And who tanked them? Mr. Arafat, someone who became very wealthy... how, again?
    4. Israel indiscriminately kills arabs - hello, another bullshit. Israel is the only country in the world, who sends SMS to warn civilians, the only country in the world to do the "double tap" with dummy rockets to clear houses before they are destroyed, not to mention simpler stuff like leaflets and loudspeakers.
    Do you think there would be less than 20 dead during these protests if they just opened up on protesters? Single soldier could do that without reloading. They obviously do not shoot at protesters "just because".

Even Egypt is blockading the fricking Gaza. Why? Actually, the best example as to why is Israel's withdraval from Gaza, on their own, to the every last jew back in 2005. What happened afterwards? Nonstop rocket attacks.

Arghh.... Pointless.
    Damn straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    It is an artificial state created by the world powers after WW2 occupying the land belonging to the Palestinians, who are massively oppressed.
    Even if that was true (it's not), you are saying you would prefer the lands of Israel to be given to Palestine, who would then immediately become another Iran? Do you seriously think once Israel is wiped from the map they will stop there? You would rather have another oppressive Theocracy than an open democracy which Israel is now?

And where would all the Israelis go? Would you welcome 8.5 million Jews into the US? Given the amount of antisemitism I read from you lot on the left, I really doubt it. Palestinians along with half the Arab nations want the Jews dead, it would be another genocide. Which seems to be the least of your concerns.