Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    http://abc7news.com/sources-youtube-...ghdam/3298575/

"It appears that Aghdam was disgruntled by the changes in the YouTube platform. She wrote on her website, "Be aware! Dictatorship exists in all countries but with different tactics! They only care for personal and short-term profits and do anything to reach their goals even by fooling simple-minded people, hiding the truth, manipulating science and everything, putting public mental and physical health at risk, abusing non-human animals, polluting the environment, destroying family values, promoting materialism and sexual degeneration in the name of freedom and turning people into programmed robots!"

She goes on to quote Adolf Hitler saying, "Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it and eventually they will believe it."

The rest of her message targets YouTube and censorship. "There is no free speech in the real world and you will be supressed for telling the truth that is not supported by the system. Videos of targeted users are filtered and merely relegated so that people can hardly see their videos."
    "

Pissed she got demonetized and blamed that for why she lost viewers. Free speech hero. Likely far right, given her vids used Hitler quotes as well.
    Her videos appear to all be exercise and vegan related. A lot of them were of animals being killed for meat/fur which I assume is why her videos were demonetized.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...=Nasim+Wonder1

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Her videos appear to all be exercise and vegan related. A lot of them were of animals being killed for meat/fur which I assume is why her videos were demonetized.
    You found the channel? I'm having some issues atm.

Vegan doesn't exempt you from being far right. Using Hitler quotes generally makes you one, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    You found the channel? I'm having some issues atm.
    I just did a search:

None of the videos work because the account is deleted. Seems to be a case of crazy vegan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    You do know that perfectly sane people can just snap. Crimes of passion etc etc
    There's a pretty big gap between hitting someone, throwing a vase, or keying their car to taking a gun and threatening innocent people and ultimately killing yourself.

I just did a search:

None of the videos work because the account is deleted. Seems to be a case of crazy vegan.
    Well that is simple, I was trying to google search rofl.

Vegan doesn't exempt you from being far right. Using Hitler quotes generally makes you one, though.
    by the look of the link Wyrt gave, that's not right wing much less far right stuff.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    by the look of the link Wyrt gave, that's not right wing much less far right stuff.
    not even talking about her videos themselves. Just the mindset of someone that thinks quoting Hitler somehow gives her legitimacy in the war against censorship or whatever battle she was fighting in her mind. One that all the fake news vomiting websites should be taking 100% responsibility for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by f3llyn View Post
    Explain how it's the "NRA gun nuts" fault? Seeing as how no "NRA gun nuts" have ever been involved in mass shootings.
    I'm glad you asked. Let me tell you a story.

A friend of mine -- let's call her "Susan" (not her real name) -- once worked in an office building in a major metropolitan area. In this building there were dozens of different companies; there was a publishing company, a day trading office, a security firm (which was also in charge of security in the building; this was their head office), and others. There was even a convenience store down in the lobby.

As is common with large office buildings, there is a designated "smoking area". The smoking area was a courtyard that was accessible from the street level, although it was a fenced-in courtyard, and the gate was kept locked. The courtyard was accessible from a fire exit which was commonly left wedged open, while smokers were outside doing their thing.

This went on, generally without major incident, until one night, while someone was outside smoking, someone else had hopped the fence into the courtyard, and snuck into the building through the fire exit which was wedged open. This was during the 1980s, so things like security cameras and the like were not especially common. At the time, nobody was really aware how this was taking place. Nobody knew how easily a person could gain access to the building, just by exploiting some weaknesses in a system that, under normal circumstances, worked pretty well for everyone.

The security firm - with an overt financial interest in the matter; it was NEVER denied - responded by telling the tenants of the office building that the answer was to hire more security guards. More security guards = more secure. It sounded like sound logic.

Except it never really worked out that way. Throughout the next few years, there were multiple break-ins. The security company was adamant that it was simply a lack of security at fault. That if there was a security guard in every office, the thefts would stop. The tenants of the building were getting restless at this, and some people suggested that instead of hiring more security guards, perhaps examining the conditions under which these break-ins are occurring would be more effective in the long-run. You know, to maybe identify the root cause. The security company fought against this, for some unknown reason. They said that it was not an effective use of tenants maintenance fees, and even called in experts - paid experts - to tell the tenants about how it was all about the lack of security. Not the conditions which permitted the break-ins to occur in the first place.

Finally, after years of challenges from the security company to prevent such a study from even taking place, it was determined by independent security experts from neighbouring office buildings that there was at least one massive hole in the security of the building; the fire exit into the smoking area was commonly left open, allowing people to enter the building unseen. There were others, but this one seemed particularly egregious, especially considering all other neighbouring office buildings had somehow managed to restrict access through such entryways. Since there was no way of knowing what these trespassers could do in the building once they were inside, some people very quickly came to the understanding that restricting access to this fire door could eliminate break-ins -- at least via that entryway.

Immediately, the security company was on the offensive. Since they had a vested financial interest in their version of the solution, and the alternative solution could actually solve the problem (at least in part) without being profitable to them, they decided to try to use hyperbole to scare the tenants of the building.

"They're going to ban smoking." "They're not going to let you go into the courtyard to smoke anymore. Soon enough you won't even be able to leave the building during office hours." Things of that nature.

Even though the discussion wasn't "let's ban smoking" - but rather, let's control access to the area where people responsibly enjoy their freedom to smoke a cigarette - the security company made it about banning them. The thought being, the security company would be losing revenue if they couldn't continue their, "security guard in every office" campaign. They spent hundreds of thousands - millions - of dollars on a PR campaign, extolling the virtues of security guards, and how we were all safer with more security guards. A few people were like, "where did they get all of this money from?", at the sight of this security company being able to come up with this kind of capital, but they were dismissed by the people who were already heavily-invested in the security game. One company had eleven security officers; they had spent a small fortune acquiring them, and they weren't about to be told that it was a waste of money. They FELT safer, and that was what was important. (It was later discovered that this company's CEO stole from the company payroll before leaving it. The security guards were not effective in stopping this.)

The tenants of the building were scared. With so many smokers in the building, most of them felt that to ban them from smoking in the courtyard was an infringement of their rights. They never did anything wrong - why should they have to suffer?

Through all of this, the smokers were puffing away. No one made a move to ban smoking in the courtyard. And despite claims that it was coming, nobody was prevented from going outside to have a cigarette. The convenience store on the ground floor - where most of them bought their cigarettes - was happy to keep selling them, and also spoke about the impact that a smoking ban could have on their business. (Even though a smoking ban was never on the table.) And wouldn't you know it -- but the company that owned the convenience store? Same company that owned the security company.

Anyway, at the end of the day, after years of being told "we just need more security guards, not better procedures", the tenants of the building were fed up, and they fired the security company. After hiring one of the security companies that operated in one of the neighbouring buildings, they effected some procedural changes. One of which was restricting access to that fire exit. People could still use it, but common sense security rules (like keycard access, to be sure who is and is not entering the building) were put into place, and break-ins through the fire door in the smoking area courtyard were drastically reduced. Not all break-ins stopped, mind you; people still found other ways to break into the building. And security guards were STILL necessary to deal with those - no one ever said that we had to get rid of all of the security guards. But an obvious, glaring security flaw in the building, which went untreated for years, while the security company got rich off of people's fears, was finally closed.

And to this day, people are still allowed to go outside and smoke in the courtyard, even using the fire exit to get there.
    They just had to acknowledge that ignoring the obvious problem was not a solution, despite what the security company with a financial incentive to say so would have you believe.

And that is why the NRA is evil incarnate.
    Because this story was a fabrication, of course, but illustrates the exact problem people have with them.

They prey upon the fears of average, good, well-meaning citizens, in order to make a buck. And to make matters worse, their backers: the firearms manufacturers themselves. (Or did you honestly think they got as big as they are through membership dues alone?) They don't care about your rights. They care about their backers being able to sell you their products with little to no restriction, even though no other product on the planet enjoys such protection.

Their profits come at the expense of countless lives. And anyone who parrots their talking points is equally culpable.
    Last edited by Atrea; 2018-04-04 at 03:04 AM.

not even talking about her videos themselves. Just the mindset of someone that thinks quoting Hitler somehow gives her legitimacy in the war against censorship or whatever battle she was fighting in her mind. One that all the fake news vomiting websites should be taking 100% responsibility for.
    I dont think quoting someone always means you support that person. I'm not a big fan of Marx but said things that i can only be like "well yeah that's true".
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

I just did a search:

So i scrolled until I stopped seeing videos from that account, and I only found one possibly political one, a "is homosexuality normal" one. I guess the videos about skinning animals alive etc probably got her account locked, and that is what her rant about "free speech" was regarding? She looks to be that religion that accepts all religion too so I really got nothing else that she could have been talking about in her rant.
    Last edited by Moralgy; 2018-04-04 at 03:03 AM.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    Like it or not, buddy, but the guns used to commit crimes in states with strict gun control laws tend to come from neighboring states with lax gun laws.

Chicago is a perfect example of this, as according to the ATF 60% of the guns used to commit crimes in the city came from out of state.

But that's illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    I dont think quoting someone always means you support that person. I'm not a big fan of Marx but said things that i can only be like "well yeah that's true".
    So you, being not a fan of Marx, are going to use a quote of his to advance your argument for why you should be allowed to be a capitalist, then? Because that's what she did. Used Hitler quotes to advance her agenda with "you can't censor me, Hitler said this is how it started.". Which, given that's giving the idea that you think Hitler is an authority you should listen to, can point pretty easily to her belief system in general. A lot of people have said things to the effect she wanted, but she went and chose Hitler as her authority.

So you, being not a fan of Marx, are going to use a quote of his to advance your argument for why you should be allowed to be a capitalist, then? Because that's what she did. Used Hitler quotes to advance her agenda with "you can't censor me, Hitler said this is how it started.". Which, given that's giving the idea that you think Hitler is an authority you should listen to, can point pretty easily to her belief system in general. A lot of people have said things to the effect she wanted, but she went and chose Hitler as her authority.
    Uh, isn't she using the Hitler quote to describe what "they" are doing as to link the way YouTube are acting to Hitler, not using him as her own personal authority?

Not a domestic dispute like they tried claim at first. Shooter was a Muslim with a grudge against YouTube for censoring her channel.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...478711713.html
    Cooler Master H500P Mesh | i7 8700K@5GHz | CLC 280 | Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR4@3000MHz | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 | Samsung EVO 960 500GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | WD Black 3TB | AOC G2460PF 144Hz

The use of that quote is odd. No doubt. But to me, her hours and hours of anti meat stuff doesn't scream far right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    Uh, isn't she using the Hitler quote to describe what "they" are doing as to link the way YouTube are acting to Hitler, not using him as her own personal authority?
    You know that makes a lot of of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    Not a domestic dispute like they tried claim at first. Shooter was a Muslim with a grudge against YouTube for censoring her channel.

She posted videos about
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bah%C3%A1%27%C3%AD_Faith
    being that faith though, where did you get the Muslim thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post

She called herself a vegan activist. I'm really surprised she was able to shoot folks when she's been preaching how "meat is murder." Like that's a serious 180 imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    So i scrolled until I stopped seeing videos from that account, and I only found one possibly political one, a "is homosexuality normal" one. I guess the videos about skinning animals alive etc probably got her account locked, and that is what her rant about "free speech" was regarding? She looks to be that religion that accepts all religion too so I really got nothing else that she could have been talking about in her rant.
    Ba'hai is the name of the religion.
    Edit: Oh, you were on top of it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    Possibly? But again, there's a whole lot of people that have that you could quote for that rather than appealing to Hitler's authority. It's a Real Dumb quote that just makes people argue about your use of Hitler rather than anything else, and most people realize and avoid rather than quoting Hitler.